Key Blade

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you can get some good References i will make you a low detail model, someone will have to unfold it... and i say low detail because my modeling skills arent the best, but i can do a pretty good basic model.

DreadMullet said:
if you can get some good References i will make you a low detail model, someone will have to unfold it... and i say low detail because my modeling skills arent the best, but i can do a pretty good basic model.

ok here are some pics

the part were the chain connects can be flat if u wish,plus makes it easier

also u dont have to make the keychain part ill make that from scratch

here are links they were to big to put on site.

mid, 9855682130, img1 and 7804.jpg | eDirectory

http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2005/135/915410_20050516_screen016.jpg

if u need more i can find more

Last edited by a moderator:
This thing is loong and thin, personally I think you're better off modeling the "head" and the guard, and putting it onto a piece of PVC pipe or wood. You know, since it's what, 4 or 5 feet long depending on the height of the wielder? Straight up pep (even hardened) won't have the strength to hold it all together.

Also, I'll be glad to unfold this when the model is done, just let me know. I'd love to have a nice one of these on my wall, been too lazy to build my own.

Keyblade.OBJ

its pretty basic, but it should be a nice start, maybe someday when i improve my modeling skills i will take another shot at it... The blade (long stick) is a separate shape, so who ever unfolds this just throw it off to the side. It is in there for looks, and scaling purposes...

note to unfolder, overall length is 39 1/2 so says the image... and if you encounter any problems let me know.

This would be one of those projects you are better off scratch building. If it's the basic keyblade,

all you need is a PVC pipe, and some wood to make the handle and "blade". Not that hard.

If no-one has gotten to unfolding this by tomorrow morning, I'll do it. My copy of Pep designer is only registered on my computer at work... Didn't think you'd get it done so fast, DreadMullet! :p

And as for the scratchbuilding thing, I have less ability to cut wood in tight curvy shapes than I do to build and harden pep pieces, and I suspect many others have a similar problem. Don't exactly have a jigsaw or scroll saw handy in my 1-room apartment.

Spartan-343 said:
This would be one of those projects you are better off scratch building. If it's the basic keyblade,

all you need is a PVC pipe, and some wood to make the handle and "blade". Not that hard.

this is true, if i was going to make one i would scratch build it... But even tho its very hard to believe, not everyone has a saw... hell some folks might not even have a drill :eek ... or maybe spartan8675309 isnt comfortable using power tools...

some people cant turn out a very good product scratch building it, so pep is a good choice to use for a base.

but thank you for your input, i think we all learned alot from your post.

The .obj keeps crashing pep designer and won't even begin to load in any modeler.

I'm curious to see how it looks as I've made my own model in Sketchup and would like to compare.

Wtfmfkr said:
The .obj keeps crashing pep designer and won't even begin to load in any modeler.

I'm curious to see how it looks as I've made my own model in Sketchup and would like to compare.

damn Pep...some folks have no trouble with the OBJ files (i never have had an issue) and for others it always crashes pep for them

well here is the 3ds file Keyblade.3Ds.

Thank you very kindly.

I prefer your model over my own.

Although the the side portions of the crown recess in the "blade" should end in points rather than curved all around.

No offense intended of course.

Hey DreadMullet, remember what I said about your bloody subdivs?

Unfold's done! The scale is a bit wonky because the .obj was at an angle, but it should be scaled for a center piece about 4' in length when constructed. If you need it much bigger, have fun fitting it on a page. Ignore that big line in the middle of one of the guard pieces.

KH Keyblade modeled by DreadMullet and unfolded by Flyerfye

keyblade-dreamullet.png

Wtfmfkr said:
Thank you very kindly.

I prefer your model over my own.

Although the the side portions of the crown recess in the "blade" should end in points rather than curved all around.

No offense intended of course.

im glad you like it... im not really understanding what part you are talking about? i might change it if its to big of a deal.

Flyerfye: hahahahahahaha... at least i didnt hit it as many times as i did on the Grenade... this model is a little Janky, but i threw it together quickly, and i think it will work just fine... nice unfold by the way.

people hank you or your inputs, they were much apreciated. if you wish to add more to this post about making a key blade or to talk about your own feel free.

Well I don't know about pep, but I found a pretty useful way for making keyblades with PVC pipes. It somewhat worked I guess, and this is what I got out of it. Still haven't added the chain to it.

4012903524_fafb3a4bdd.jpg

4012135211_053405c751.jpg

Looks good! PVC and cardboard are definitely good building materials. :D

To revive this topic a little, I spent (wasted) a good chunk of the morning modeling and unfolding a game-accurate version of the thing, I think I at least got it pretty close. I think prefer the longer and thinner version that shows up in art and on the toys (and DreadMullet's model), but I figured someone might want the ingame variant. It's scaled to a length of almost exactly 4 feet, which should be about right, resize and rearrange if necessary. As a bonus, you could use these as templates for scratch building, if you wanted. As before, you'll have to find something (wood, pvc, etc) to use for the shaft, and modify some pieces as necessary. I included some templates to help with the sizing of the shaft.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/36971/pep/key_sword_by_flyerfye.pdo

keyblade.png

I think I want to build one of these later, just for fun...

Hey flyerfye. you maybe want to make some more keyblade models? Ive been wanting some good pep keyblades for a while. I myself got a model of another keyblade variant from a guy on sketchup. I can share it if you guys want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back