Goonies Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

smick6

Hey you guys remember the movie Goonies? My brother is a big fan so I decided to make him the copper bones key as a gift. I sculpted it from balsa foam then sealed it. I molded and cast it with smoothcast plastics. The picture has the reference shot I used to sculpt it and then 2 cast pieces. The painted one was with acrylic paints only, it looked ok. I tried another finish with copper leaf and that looked better but I dont have a pic now. I ordered some copper powder to add to the resin to get that real copper look.

I'd truffle shuffle for one of those!

The+Truffle+Shuffle.jpg

Well done!

Sean Bradley said:
I'd truffle shuffle for one of those!

The%20Truffle%20Shuffle.jpg

Well done!

Thats funny. I think we might be showing our age with this one. :D Some of the younger crowd may have not had the joy of seeing this masterpiece, so they dont know what it is.
I will post a pic of the next one with the copper powder. Its a good way to experiment with filling powder. I think I am going to ge some aluminum powder also. Sometime its the simple projects like these that are the most fun.
Thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything. OK! I'll talk! In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max's toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog... When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I got nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out... But the worst thing I ever done - I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa - and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life.

Adam said:
Everything. OK! I'll talk! In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max's toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog... When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I got nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out... But the worst thing I ever done - I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa - and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life.

lol hahaha is this all from memory

aaH THE GOONY'S :p
remember watching this. Still have the video lying somewhere.

I sort of hate to admit it...but I watched Goonies last weekend...ahh, the memories. This coming weekend I'm thinking about Ferris Bueller's day off and Top Gun.

a1200 said:
I remember the goonies from when i was younger, thats awesome hehehe

The 80's really had some good kid movies.

Yttrium said:
I sort of hate to admit it...but I watched Goonies last weekend...ahh, the memories. This coming weekend I'm thinking about Ferris Bueller's day off and Top Gun.

the breakfast club
... or the one with the 6 people in saturday school
thts a good one

Razgriz said:
Do the truffle shuffle, now! :D

Looks awesome.

I think everyone must watch it this weekend. Run to the video store or on demand or netflix on xbox, just get it.
First person in the US to show me a picture of it on their tv I will send you a key for free, when I get the copper powder.

Outside the US could pay shipping but probably wouldnt be worth it for them but you have the option.

Post the pic in here.

gamerguy55 said:
Those keys are awesome!

Goonies = win!
*Starts digging through VHS tapes*

Edit: I smell ice cream.

Rocky road??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back