Key Blade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm open to the idea of doing more keyblades. As long as it's not like, Oathkeeper. Which I'll declare as "Unpepable". No idea on timeframe, this stuff is just my free time between work/personal/actual armor building. Which ones were you looking for?

Wow, I finally found some keyblade pepakura files, lol. Great job guys, really like your work. Wish I knew how to model my own files/unfold and all that.

Anyway, it'll be pretty cool if you can make a Pep file for the Metal Chocobo keyblade. I think it should be pretty easy since it's pretty much box-shaped, but hey I wouldn't know. Here are some pics of it if you wanna try it out. Thanks in advance, it'll be sick if I can actually make one of these out of paper, lol.

metal chocobo 1

metal chocobo 2

The Guardian Soul would look pretty nice too:

guardian soul

Are you looking for a high poly full-size version for like, cosplay, or a small one? Because either of those would be a pain in the butt to build full size out of paper and not, you know, collapse immediately under their own weight.

Flyerfye said:
Are you looking for a high poly full-size version for like, cosplay, or a small one? Because either of those would be a pain in the butt to build full size out of paper and not, you know, collapse immediately under their own weight.

I was looking for a full-size cosplay type thing. I'm pretty new to the whole Pepakura scene, but I was thinking that resin/fiberglass would be supportive enough for it. Then again... I've never actually gotten that far with anything yet, heh, so I wouldn't know. A full size paper model would be nice to use as a guide though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, gotcha. Yes, I don't think straight up pep, even strengthened, will be strong enough to keep the thing from breaking in half at some point. However, it's definitely possible to do some structural reinforcement inside. Hopefully a good way can be figured out. Innovation! That's what it's about. :pStarted on the Metal Chocobo model, but I might not get a chance to finish it up until after the weekend.

chocobo-preview.jpg

Flyerfye said:
Ah, gotcha. Yes, I don't think straight up pep, even strengthened, will be strong enough to keep the thing from breaking in half at some point. However, it's definitely possible to do some structural reinforcement inside. Hopefully a good way can be figured out. Innovation! That's what it's about. :pStarted on the Metal Chocobo model, but I might not get a chance to finish it up until after the weekend.

Ahhh, it's looking great already. Take your time, I don't mind how long it takes you. Thanks again.

I have a pepakura keyblade made up that is in the Noob Forum under the name Pepakura Weapons that you are welcome to try out and see how it works for you good luck.

vmast3r said:
Ahhh, it's looking great already. Take your time, I don't mind how long it takes you. Thanks again.

Thanks! And no prob, I'm in a Kingdom Hearts mood lately. :p(since 358/2 Days just came out)

Okay, so I did make some progress, this is all from like, the ONE concept art picture of it ever, and I haven't been able to actually go ingame and check my proportions. So I'll remodel if I'm too far off. Not going to put the rivet things on, that'd just be cruel and unusual punishment to make anyone pep all of those. The edges look a little funky right now, but they'll be smooth as a board once they get into Pep. Sadly, I don't have Pep Designer at home, so I can't unfold anything until Monday. Model's pretty much done, if anyone wants to tackle an unwrap before I get to it (and figure out how to fit it on pages and still make it long enough), scale should be maybe 4-5 feet long for starters, to be totally accurate. PM me if you want the model, as I'm going to be making changes and tweaks to it until I have to stop and unfold. :p

metal-chocobo.png

Sneaky Sneaky Edit: Scaled to 4', bloody impossible to pep. Build at you own risk. Metal Chocobo by Flyerfye.

Flyerfye said:
Sneaky Sneaky Edit: Scaled to 4', bloody impossible to pep. Build at you own risk. Metal Chocobo by Flyerfye.

Damn, I almost forgot about this site. It's been such a busy week, and still two midterms left tomorrow, can't wait to get them over with.

That looks great man, thanks for actually getting a pep model of it. Hopefully I can get to trying to building it soon. I've been working working one of your Kingdom Keys though, I've pretty much pepped it, but haven't gotten the time to get dirty with the resin and stuff. And I still have to get the shaft parts for it, gonna see what I can use for it hopefully this weekend.

Thanks a lot for both key blades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back