Props LeeKegan Spartan Laser Halo Reach

Status
Not open for further replies.
As always Lee, this is a work of art my friend. I am loving the details you put into this. Keep the posts comming! lol

OMG! That's amazing. It's actually not as big as I thought it would be lol. For the 90° corners on the carrying handle at the back, are those pieces you can buy or did you make those yourself?

I know what you mean on the size, but it is built to scale. They started out as squares that I cut and sanded to size after I had glued them to the round stock.

This is superbly well made Lee!

I'm guessing a Huge*** price for this if you ever sell a few.

Some updates.

Lighted up a section with LED.
SpartanLaser001-9.jpg

SpartanLaser002-9.jpg

SpartanLaser003-9.jpg

its_beautiful.jpg

What I was thinking about it, was to make a laser sight, and then it charges up, and the laser shuts off, and a bunch of red LEDs turn on

Here is what the LED's look like unlit. These come out of a toy gun.

SpartanLaser001-10.jpg

Here is what they look like lit up.

SpartanLaser002-10.jpg

When the front handle is in the held position the power is on.

SpartanLaser003-10.jpg

Lee, I know and respect how you feel about this, but I think it would be a crying shame if this particular prop didn't end up painted when you're done. What with the lights and all, and it also not being a conventional "gun" by any means, in this specific instance I think it would only add to this prop's character.
Plus I know a guy who does a mean paint job on these kinds of props lol...

Just a thought :)

Ugh, Lee, your work is always so breathtaking! It's almost discouraging... almost. Keep doing good. Can't wait to see this one finished!

Once again Lee, you have completed something truly fantastic!! You have done just an absolutely wonderful job sir!!

-Matt

Where do you find the plans for the electronic circuits you use? I've torn the internet apart looking for decent circuit plans for projects I want to do and come up with junk. Your work is amazing!

Where do you find the plans for the electronic circuits you use? I've torn the internet apart looking for decent circuit plans for projects I want to do and come up with junk. Your work is amazing!

It is the board out of a toy gun that I modified by moving LED's and extending them with long wires.

Radio Shack also sells some circuit boards that you assemble.

this is going to be totally awesome just don't over do it i don't want to have to see a red laser streaming through the sky toward an airplane. i think if we all loaded our guns and made em real we could take over the world :D no just kidding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back