Spartan Laser - Halo 5 - 3D Printed

Draxes

IMG_9783.jpg
IMG_9782.jpg

I finished printing and now I'll start spray painting. I modified the 3D files found on on thingiverse by this excellent modeler: Spartan Laser [Halo 5] by misterchiefcostuming. Spectacular work but I cut it apart to fit my Bambu X1C and did some slight tweaks to make the model more stronger. I have seen other people cosplay with the Spartan Laser and it looks bad ass...AND it has the bonus of while large, not looking like an actual gun. I will primer it today and get it painted with a simple black and green color combination with maybe a yellow streak for added effect. I also added the 405th logo to the front on both sides of the model so that they are cut into it.

Here is the breakdown of how I got it printed on my 3D printer. I added my edited files to Thingiverse as a Remix in case anyone wants to use what I put together here: Spartan Laser - Halo 5 - Remix for the X1C by zeckkoa

It took around 6 days to print and 4 kg of Sunlu PLA+. I just had to do 1 reprint of one part because I used the dumb default grid infill patter and the part just collapsed when I grabbed the handle.

SPARTAN LASER-3456g.png

WOW this thing is MASSIZE! Gotta basically be a real spartan to be strong enough to carry that thing around at a convention tho. Can't imagine holding onto 4kg for that long lol.

WOW this thing is MASSIZE! Gotta basically be a real spartan to be strong enough to carry that thing around at a convention tho. Can't imagine holding onto 4kg for that long lol.
My thoughts exactly. But looking at photos of Sinisterpropz and how he lugs that thing around...it just looks so cool
sinisterpropz_351032011_1207749206601113_4573843788161013529_n.jpg

This guy is definitely the gold standard to which I am building my armor off of even though I am doing things just a bit different.

My thoughts exactly. But looking at photos of Sinisterpropz and how he lugs that thing around...it just looks so cool
View attachment 334786

This guy is definitely the gold standard to which I am building my armor off of even though I am doing things just a bit different.
this thing is awesome how did i miss this post man im getting old lol

i-bBV3brS-5K.jpg
HWC23_PC_JTF4&Strandy_42-235.jpg
HWC23_PC_JTF4&Strandy_42-51.jpg

I was extremely happy with how it came out. I fretted over the paint job and the sanding. The original 3D model had a lot of errors that showed up on the print...which took forever to sand smooth. And then the white enamel spray paint I used was a pain. But in the end I got these behemoth splaser in working fashion. I was just bummed because I actually have a red light on the inside of the gun that would shine through, but I just couldn't get it open to turn it on. But at least I got the red light on the barrel to work.

Oh, and thank you for the glove recommendation marinesniper! They worked perfectly and really pull the armor together.

View attachment 338885View attachment 338886View attachment 338887

I was extremely happy with how it came out. I fretted over the paint job and the sanding. The original 3D model had a lot of errors that showed up on the print...which took forever to sand smooth. And then the white enamel spray paint I used was a pain. But in the end I got these behemoth splaser in working fashion. I was just bummed because I actually have a red light on the inside of the gun that would shine through, but I just couldn't get it open to turn it on. But at least I got the red light on the barrel to work.

Oh, and thank you for the glove recommendation marinesniper! They worked perfectly and really pull the armor together.
i really love this everything looks great and yes it makes a big difference i think it makes the hand look stronger. and your welcome i hope some time i can get out that way and maybe we can hit a con or two.

This thing's paintjob is gorgeous man! How did you get such clean lines on it? Also what's the blue piece just at the muzzle, it looks like a CNC piece?

This thing's paintjob is gorgeous man! How did you get such clean lines on it? Also what's the blue piece just at the muzzle, it looks like a CNC piece?
The muzzle piece is the front piece of a broken led flashlight i stuck in the barrel with a red led element behind that. I need to jam it in a bit more.

Fantastic looking result Draxes! The finish looks top notch. Good luck sorting the electronics. You can always add rumble motors from a controller to it to give it life along with the lights.
Redshirt

Guess who's not coming back from the Slayer match--the guy in the Red Shirt
Current Project:
Needler Multimedia Arduino-Driven Animated Airsoft Prop (Everything the Neca Needler Could Have Been)
Signature Project: Halo 3 Working Airsoft Spartan Laser in Metal & Fiberglass
Oh damn those are some great suggestions! Yeah if i were to do it again i would have printed it with more empty spaces for electronics and lights.

Oh damn those are some great suggestions! Yeah if i were to do it again i would have printed it with more empty spaces for electronics and lights.
LoL. I can relate to a lack of space. My Splaser is huge and I thought there was plenty of room inside, but no. A 12 volt LED tail light bulb and socket from the auto parts store and an 11.1 volt LiPo give a great effect from the barrel.
Redshirt
Guess who's not coming back from the Slayer match--the guy in the Red Shirt
Current Project:
Needler Multimedia Arduino-Driven Animated Airsoft Prop (Everything the Neca Needler Could Have Been)
Signature Project: Halo 3 Working Airsoft Spartan Laser in Metal & Fiberglass

I am just now seeing these kind comments about my suit. Thank you so much reading this made my day.

Welcome to the 405th! I would have thought you would have been a member already! I hope you can share more of your amazing skills in suitbuilding with the group. I am up in the PNW, but hopefully one day I'll get a chance to meet you in person and compare notes. You can see how I built my armor here: Mark VI Mjolnir Powered Assault Armor GEN 3 - 3D Printed - Full Walkthrough. I used a lot of the videos and photos you shared to figure out how everything fits together. It was extremely helpful!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back