Legendary Armor – Mark VI Master Chief Helmet Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are lame and are sending me a sample of something for tomorrow. Turns out I didn't have to pay for the test either. I cancelled payment since they hadn't sent what was requested.

BishopX said:
They are lame and are sending me a sample of something for tomorrow. Turns out I didn't have to pay for the test either. I cancelled payment since they hadn't sent what was requested.

Good, cause what they sent you is just total BS, especially that you were going to send that much money for it

Last edited by a moderator:
Did they provide a reasonable excuse for such a piss poor effort on their behalf? Maybe you should use the line "I'll have to take my business else where"

Okay. I received another sample of vac metalizing today. This is gold transparent this time.

visor%20plastic%20test%2000%20(1).JPG

I didn't realize that in-side and out-side were hyphenated words....who'd have thunk?!?

This is camera shot of no visor reference....
visor%20plastic%20test%2000%20(6).JPG

This is the lens coated on the outside...
visor%20plastic%20test%2000%20(5).JPG

This is the lens with the coating on the inside....
visor%20plastic%20test%2000%20(7).JPG

Hmm..thats alot better then the other sample, I will say that!

It seems a little clearer with the coating inside. I would imagine that having on the interior will protect the finish on it more then the outside will..

We're going to go with the one on the inside. This sample that was sent was not polished or anything. It looks like something they had in their waste bin. I'm not impressed by their professionalism but hopefully, their workmanship will be better.

Vacuum formed visors will be sent over to them fedex on Friday after they are polished. Vac metalizing turnaround.....unknown.

xes said:
Man.. I get that all the time. My fiance is from Canada. Colour, Armour, Chequing accounts, pop, yada yada
Canada FTW :)

So will this mean LA will come in Canada one day? ^^

Sorry for the off topic, I like your faceshield/visor :p

Adam said:
they must work for jordi
HAHAHAHAHAHA. Nice.

But really. Why those things? At first I thought they were using your buck to make the actual visors, but I now realize that you're sending them the clear visors to coat, right?

So what the hell are those things?

We already had these cast acrylic domes at the shop so I sent them as samples instead of burning up real vac pulls....good thing I did.

BishopX said:
We already had these cast acrylic domes at the shop so I sent them as samples instead of burning up real vac pulls....good thing I did.
Ah, I get it now. They coated the inside, as requested, but made the wrong face gold... Third time's a charm?

Nicktendo said:
Ah, I get it now. They coated the inside, as requested, but made the wrong face gold... Third time's a charm?
What are the "domes" (half circle thingies?)?

-Fin(n)ish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back