Life Size Spartan build = Jorge -052

Status
Not open for further replies.
you are one tall guy,the tallest person by far I know of. Good luck on the jorge suit. My friend and I are both working on a suit each from noble team. He is doing jorge and I carter. Already put some pieces together myself and he too. His torso he told me was horribly tedious. Good luck though, can't wait to see it completed.

7'4".... 7'3"... guys it just depends on what socks he is wearing that day... :)

rofl... and whether or not he stretched that morning... :D
@M071: the build's looking great so far! deffinitly one I'll be keeping an eye on this thread

Thanks guys !! I needed a good laugh today . That’s hilarious!! I’ll make sure to stretch and also wear thick socks so I will be life-size . As for the days I get up and skip stretching and put on thin socks I’ll be 98.65% life-size lol

Oh god... 7'3".... Well, don't stand next to me then once we have our suits because I'm all of 5'1". I would end up looking like your 7 year old daughter. ^__^

No No you’re still taller than my 6-year-old daughter :D You’re the same height as my 9-year-old son lol Which brings me to my next question have you built armor for yourself ?

Dude you're huge! im all of about 6 ft... problem for me im 145 pounds so i dont exactly fill out the armor... Lots of extra padding!
anyways cant wait for updates.

im watchin you...... you know in a thread follower kinda way XD

Don’t feel bad when I scale up I have the same problem and even though I’m 155 pounds heavier than you I’m still going to need a heavy-duty under suit as well
PS I’m glad you’re watching me….….in the non-creepy sense lol

My friends "Anicken" and "TheRick46" here on the 405th are the ones I'm talking about. Anicken is still debating on his armor, I have yet to see his progress but I'm assuming it's Reach Mark V variant. TheRick46 is doing Jorge-type armor but with his own twist and colors. ^_^
lol. if you like that, there's also "Hyperfanhilating," where you're fanning yourself from excited arm and hand spasms due to extreme fandom.

Used my new word today Awesometastic . It led to a hysterical breakout of laughter that lasted for a good five minutes. Apparently the word was to feminine for my vocabulary and
they thought I probably obtained it from a girl . I had to remind the guys that I pay their checks and dropped the subject. I’m going to save Hyperfanhilating for a technical solution or problem and pass it off as the fix lol
Pass on your word of the day when every you want

you are one tall guy,the tallest person by far I know of. Good luck on the jorge suit. My friend and I are both working on a suit each from noble team. He is doing jorge and I carter. Already put some pieces together myself and he too. His torso he told me was horribly tedious. Good luck though, can't wait to see it completed.

I’m sitting here looking at my torso and all 227 pieces on 14 enormous sheets . He said it was tedious and in what aspect ? Is there piece is there a starting point that he’d recommend I love getting advice from people who already volunteered to be a guinea pig for something . I will Be looking forward to hear back from you Noble one

No No you’re still taller than my 6-year-old daughter :D You’re the same height as my 9-year-old son lol Which brings me to my next question have you built armor for yourself ?

I'm working on it as we speak. Were you going to ask me about scaling? Because I still haven't figured that one out. The tutorial that everyone generally uses has a disclaimer saying it may not work for those under 5'7". I wrote the author of the tutorial about a week ago but he never wrote back. :p

hey man great job on your suit ive only got the helmet so far and cant put the pics on yet but its comin realy great job!!!

I am using Rhinoc's torso, wich are you using? On mine i made it in to 3 parts, the part that sits on your shoulders, the canaster, and the back, then i put them all together. Personaly i would start with where your head goes to make sure its the right size.

well i'd start there but after that id go with the canister piece. you know to get the hard part out of the way. then shoulder piece to torso... but its your build sooo...

I'm working on it as we speak. Were you going to ask me about scaling? Because I still haven't figured that one out. The tutorial that everyone generally uses has a disclaimer saying it may not work for those under 5'7". I wrote the author of the tutorial about a week ago but he never wrote back. :p

I was going to make a joke about getting the same size files you would use:p Unfortunately just like you mentioned when scaling the files smaller or much larger they seem to require additional modifications after you finish :(

hey man great job on your suit ive only got the helmet so far and cant put the pics on yet but its comin realy great job!!!

Thanks
I can’t wait to see the pictures of your build. Are you building yours with your little brother ?

I am using Rhinoc's torso, wich are you using? On mine i made it in to 3 parts, the part that sits on your shoulders, the canaster, and the back, then i put them all together. Personaly i would start with where your head goes to make sure its the right size.

I have the pep file by Rhinoc also it looks pretty straightforward. I also obtained a copy of high aces controversial Jorge torso as well . I’m leaning on Rhinoc’s at the moment because I printed off high aces and it has 227 parts. That’s pretty helpful idea and not making it one entire build But breaking it up into three separate parts will make it very easy to manage

Thanks for the help and yours looks really Good by the way ;)

well i'd start there but after that id go with the canister piece. you know to get the hard part out of the way. then shoulder piece to torso... but its your build sooo...

I think I’ll do the top plate first just to get an idea of how it fits and then do the canister, it looks like it’s the hardest part of the build . By the way !! your Ironman build is awesome I love the work so far it looks really good can’t wait to see more updates. I like how the 405th has adopted some of the other costume builders from different genres like gears of war, fallout and Ironman

yeah, not sure if you read the whole thng but im still not sure if we're moving or not so i haven't been able to do any work on it :(. i'll see if i can't do anything tomorrow maybe...

Thats very nice. Ive just started on my first build and I'm using Jorge's chest piece.....any suggestions?
I haven’t started my chest piece yet so I can’t give you any tips yet on that part of the build . Trooper 114 recommended you do the top shoulder plates to make sure you get your head through and it’ll give you a good idea of how well you sized it. Then it’s recommended you do the hardest part of the build next which is the canister followed by the back plate and then assemble the three pieces. I should get a good couple hours this Sunday to work on my chest piece . My own experience I found you start with the small pieces they turn in to bigger pieces because you don’t want to be adding the small pieces when your build is almost finished it's very difficult. Also keep the model you’re working close, it comes in very handy and can save you a lot of time trying to figure out where parts go.
Congrats on starting your build and welcome to the community.

yeah, not sure if you read the whole thng but im still not sure if we're moving or not so i haven't been able to do any work on it :(. i'll see if i can't do anything tomorrow maybe...

Yeah saw that :( That’s why I’ll be watching your thread in a non-creepy sense waiting for an update

I always enjoy a day off from work to enjoy an entire day of work!

I finished up the right thigh and putting the finishing touches on the left thigh now
Both will need some type of temporary bracing to hold their shape for the resin process . There was a slight modification at the top to get the last indent piece to fit. There’s a gray line in the 3-D model side I’m not sure if it has anything to do with it but it’s together now
By V2-Spartan 029
Jorgebuild005-2.jpg

Jorgebuild006-2.jpg

The boot shield piece I also did the back ankle piece but I made a hilarious mistake and When I Feel like letting you all laugh at me :$ I’ll post the picture ;)
By Ruze
Jorgebuild003-2.jpg

Internal earpiece for the helmet
I don’t know if there’s any super secret for doing the small pieces. I used tweezers for the process because my hands are way too big and I know it doesn’t line up perfectly

By ForgedReclaimer
Jorgebuild002-2.jpg

Jorgebuild001-2.jpg

Doing the small pieces is extremely hard on my hands, having dislocated every finger and my thumbs more times than I can count from years of playing football. I can’t forget having to have my left hand rebuilt from an accident in the machine shop. The helmet only took me an hour and a half to print, cut and lay pieces out. The excessive speed that can do that in, is thanks to my little robot assistant who specializes in cutting lol At this point if somebody nearby was good at small pep work I would pay for the cost of their suit, help with sizing and the construction and I’m dead serious about my last statement !!

:DMore updates coming this weekend:D

Jorgebuild005-2.jpg

Jorgebuild006-2.jpg

Jorgebuild003-2.jpg

Jorgebuild002-2.jpg

Jorgebuild001-2.jpg

Great looking suit so far man! 7ft Jorge, crickey, that's going to be fun to balance! I'm at 6'2 and debating if platform boots would be a smart idea for me lol. Your son is going to DIG this outfit. You will run the risk of being the coolest dad of humanity at this point, I just thought you should know that.

As for the smaller pieces, I am right in that boat. Rugby players do not have delicate hands. So burning myself with hot glue and holding folds is a pain. Tweezers work, but still,you have to take your time. I've messed up entire sections of the pep by trying to use my fingers.

Look forward to seeing more of your stuff!

well that looks good, have to say i now feel more prideful in my skinny fingers XP on everything else are going to pep it al first or do it bit by bit?
and i'd take you up on your offer but... well what do you consider nearby? XD

Great looking suit so far man! 7ft Jorge, crickey, that's going to be fun to balance! I'm at 6'2 and debating if platform boots would be a smart idea for me lol. Your son is going to DIG this outfit. You will run the risk of being the coolest dad of humanity at this point, I just thought you should know that.

As for the smaller pieces, I am right in that boat. Rugby players do not have delicate hands. So burning myself with hot glue and holding folds is a pain. Tweezers work, but still,you have to take your time. I've messed up entire sections of the pep by trying to use my fingers.

Look forward to seeing more of your stuff!

You can’t give a father a better compliment than that !!!! Thanks !!
Back in August when found this site my son pushed so hard for me to finish before this Halloween but unfortunately I just couldn’t get the time for it:(He’s going to let me make it up to him because he says now I have a whole year to make him one . So here in a couple months look for a new thread “Spartan origins Project” spin on Halo legends :D lol

Balancing and the weight of the suit won’t be an issue at least the legs and chest piece. A ways back I developed a load bearing exoskeleton for a company a long story short ..... Going to incorporating that in this build and will start working on that in November like next week keep you posted

Rugby player ..so you played a real sport to lol when you say hot glue method you mean the clue stick guns? They have high temp and low temp if I’m thinking of the right ones. I’ve been using this superglue method and seems to be working pretty good depending on how hard something is I either use 5 or 30 seconds . What are the advantages to hot glue over superglue. I’m just thinking about the 400° tip with huge non-nimble hands and horrible thoughts come to mind !!

well that looks good, have to say i now feel more prideful in my skinny fingers XP on everything else are going to pep it al first or do it bit by bit?
and i'd take you up on your offer but... well what do you consider nearby? XD

When you’re doing the small pep work or any pep work for that you can definitely feel prideful about skinny and nimble fingers!! The tips of all my fingers have a hardened superglue coating on them. What do I consider nearby anyone who can make it for a days work in the state Washington at this point. In fact I’m going so slow with the small stuff . I’m almost willing to throw in lodging and food to get help at this point. I’m really fast at the bigger pep work but everyone here is I bet lol I’m starting my chest piece tomorrow morning and I bet I’ll finish my chest piece by 3 PM you can set your clock to that :)

Updates on today’s work
Wish I could find more time to work on this project but completed the helmet add-on piece also one of Jorge’s additional armor plates for the forearm . Any suggestions or ideas on putting them together feel free to throw any advice, suggestions or improvements my way .
Jorgebuild001-3.jpg

Jorgebuild002-3.jpg

Jorgebuild010.jpg

Jorgebuild017.jpg

Jorgebuild015.jpg

This is a plea to anyone that knows what was carried in a backpack:confused and what the add-on piece on top of his helmet did:confused I’m trying to make it as close and functional as I can:rolleyesSo anyone that knows where I can find the information or anyone who has the information please share;)
Thanks

Jorgebuild001-3.jpg

Jorgebuild002-3.jpg

Jorgebuild010.jpg

Jorgebuild017.jpg

Jorgebuild015.jpg

ha this is turning out awsome like i said im checkin this out like 3 times a day XP, i might have more posts in this thread than you! XD. anyway good work on the little pieces up their, bet that was fun for ya... and just cuz i've played it and so has every other person here in reach the back pack and helm piece don't do anything but look pretty... i'd imagine he keeps ammo in the back pack though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back