Lord Perth's Flamethrower W.i.p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord Perth 16 said:

here's the tube i got, i put my controller in for scale. What can I strengthen it with?

also, one thigh is fiberglassed!

[img]

[img][/QUOTE]

Dammit... pics... not... working (big surprise) *sigh* :cautious:

I'll have to wait until I get home (much) later, before I can give any suggestions for this :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an idea for your flamethrower.
Perhaps if you put strips of irregulary cut tissue paper (flame colored) into the barrel, then put a fan in there, the fan would blow air against the tissue paper, forcing it out of the barrel and it would wiggle around (similar to fire)
The only problem is getting the tissue paper back into the barrel (maybe put the fan on reverse). That would be cool :cool:

For the tank on the back you could get one of those barrels previously mentioned, fill it up with expanding foam insulation and use it as a mold. Poof! One light, large foam tank!

Good luck with your build!

So, I think I should put this

sof_logo.jpg

on my helmet some where...but im not sure where...I thought that this might be better on shoulder pads, idk....

Also, can someone help me or point me in the direction of scorch marks?
I'm going to do some of the metallic weathering, but I think some scorch marks would be most appropriate.

Thoughts?

also, new helm pics after this weekend, I'm bondoing today

This is looking great can't wait to see it when its finished..
As for the logo, i think you should put them on the shoulders, kind of like in the game where you would see your emblem...
Keep up the awesome work!

Lord Perth 16 said:
So, I think I should put this

...on my helmet some where...but im not sure where...I thought that this might be better on shoulder pads, idk....

Also, can someone help me or point me in the direction of scorch marks?
I'm going to do some of the metallic weathering, but I think some scorch marks would be most appropriate.

Thoughts?

I've had a check in the Halo Wars Theater- Sergeant Forge and Captain Cutter have the Spirit Of Fire insignia on their right shoulders. ;)

Heh, even managed to find a picture. :D
131ee036.jpg

In my work I sometimes see stainless steel that has been effected by heat. It can turn an interesting range of colours in a short area. Like a browny red (close to the source of heat) through to blue (at the furtherest point), but that's on polished steel and caused by friction. Keep in mind where the hot spots are on the flame thrower (if it were real of course) and what the source of the flame is. Prior to cleaning I'd say there'd be a build up of soot around the end of the barrel which could probably be achieved with a mat black paint.

Hope that's of some help. ;)

personally, I like the pink foam idea, it would be very light and make the suit less apt to make you fall on your butt every time you wanted to look up at something. :lol:

but using the strips would give you the basic shape and pink insulating foam takes sanding very well. I work with Styrofoam a lot, but I honestly have never tried strengthening it with fiberglass, which would probably have to happen.

if this picture helps with some of the lines, please use it, it isn't a high res digital image, but this shows off more of what each piec is supposed to look like:

3250893373_74ed02930d.jpg

UPDATE!!!!! OK, smoothing is nearly finished. hope to have it done tonite, and start base paint and be ready for black wash ect on monday....

0519091407.jpg

0519091408.jpg

0519091408a.jpg

Lord Perth 16 said:
UPDATE!!!!! OK, smoothing is nearly finished. hope to have it done tonite, and start base paint and be ready for black wash ect on monday....

0519091407.jpg

0519091408.jpg

0519091408a.jpg
VERY NICE MAN!! this will be awesome

Deathwasp said:
-sniffle- it's beautiful.

Rock on. Remember to fill the backpack with gatorade.
You'd be a hit at the cons. :whistle:

woot woot

WOOT!! I'm considering what to do with the metal brushing and some scorching effects...but for all intents its done and I'm most pleased.

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

Drgnfyre4 said:
That is some dedicated bondo work there! Keep up the hard work. Will there be more detail work to the surface?

Probably not fo rsurface work...I'm liking the more rag tag grittyness, more like a marine..less like a spartan

blink me said:
why isnt the visor in all the way o_O

The way the helmet is shaped. :(
it's ok though...very good venting this way....it still touches, but air can pass through

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back