Lord Perth's Flamethrower W.i.p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord Perth 16 said:
SO I'm begining to embark on my epc journy with Smithx2 to make a flamethrower pair from halo wars

[attachment=9051:unsc_ico...Flame_sm.jpg]

Being that the units are ever so tiny, and that general concept art is limited, we're taking a bit of artistic license with the helmet and using the pilot helm from the wiki, and the mark VI thigh plates, but the major hang up is getting the oxide tank on their shoulders. I've been thinking about wood, but....nothing seems to work well as I go through how I would build it in my head, I run into issues...so my helpful 405th-ies please to has your halp!?

Please note the above statement and realize that yes I am apart of this project and Lord Perth and I are going to be a flamethrower pair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Smithx2 said:
Please note the above statement and realize that yes I am apart of this project and Lord Perth and I are going to be a flamethrower pair.

Don't worry Smithx2 they were just keeping an eye out for Lord Perth. With the time it takes for WIP's to get built we sometimes forget details that were metioned earlier (although a quick skim through earlier pages before posting will help prevent this folks ;) ).

As for the helm/s- looking great fellas! I really love that you're doing something that hasn't been done and seems to have been over looked by others or placed in the too hard basket due to the lack of reference material about.

I'm in the process of sending a PM to Perth with an update on that little something I've been working on for you guys. It's still not finished but it's taken a LEAP up in the quality department this week. ;)

Yes what you say would make sense, I know I would hate for someone to just hop on my project like that. And I greatly appreciate the support your giving us, Perth has been telling me about what your doing for us and you have no idea how grateful I am for the support. I'm just sorry that I haven't been more into the project until now, work and school has been a little hectic, but I finally have some good free time to commit.

Smithx2 said:
Yes what you say would make sense, I know I would hate for someone to just hop on my project like that. And I greatly appreciate the support your giving us, Perth has been telling me about what your doing for us and you have no idea how grateful I am for the support. I'm just sorry that I haven't been more into the project until now, work and school has been a little hectic, but I finally have some good free time to commit.

Yeah dude, sorry for jumping to conclusions, but I didn't see/remember any mention until that quote. Thanks for correcting me :) As I said, your helm's looking pretty good atm.

If you guys get the time, are you gonna have someone fab up a pep file for the "official" flamethrower helm? Since you're just using the wiki's pilot?

Bloodl3tt3r said:
Yeah dude, sorry for jumping to conclusions, but I didn't see/remember any mention until that quote. Thanks for correcting me :) As I said, your helm's looking pretty good atm.

If you guys get the time, are you gonna have someone fab up a pep file for the "official" flamethrower helm? Since you're just using the wiki's pilot?

Hey it's cool man, I think I was being a little defensive as well so no harm done. As for making an official pep for flamethrower, I had ambitions of actually using google sketch up or autocad to make said helmet, but like I said before, school and work have kept me busy and have given me no spare time. I'm totally willing to do it, or if someone else wanted to do it it's fair game, but Perth keeps telling me about the visor issue and I'm wondering if it would make sense to make a flame helm if we wouldn't really be able to maximize the true awesomeness of having the around the head visor deal.
I've had ideas to deal with this problem such as at work in the tool department we have welder heat shields and I was thinking maybe cut a couple of those up and have them professionally tinted. But it's just an idea, I would love to hear more ideas or comments to help the cause. :D

warhound said:
Smithx2 your helmet is also looking good, but appears to be slightly warped =(.

Thanks for the compliments guys, but as for the slight warping, :( I was hoping nobody would be able to tell, I noticed that problem as well and I am unsure on how to fix it besides ripping some pieces off and maybe putting new ones on. I tried bending and glueing it using hot glue but I don't think that worked to well. I don't think it helped that I kind of kept switching the type of glue I was using all throughout construction.

Smithx2 said:
Thanks for the compliments guys, but as for the slight warping, :( I was hoping nobody would be able to tell, I noticed that problem as well and I am unsure on how to fix it besides ripping some pieces off and maybe putting new ones on.

I can help you with that, i had some issues with the jaw not being lined up....it wasn't too bad. I'll bring my finished one over adn you can have a better look at it.

Alright, I finally put some pictures of the actually finished helm up, so here they are!

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Looking good so far guys. Love the helmets. Just popped in during my Marine build to say how impressed I am and also to impart a suggestion. From the large, high-res image on the first page and also from watching Ghostbusters II the other day, the striking similarity between the 'barrel' of the flamethrower and the Slime Blower from the film, has hit me. You guys may want to look into builds of the Slime Blower to get some idea of how to adapt that to give you the basics for the flamethrower, then build up the plating and such around it? Just an idea.

Keep up the great work!

It looks really good! How well does it fit?

Also, how did you work out that fan? Is there a tutorial on these forums or did you completely do it by yourself?

If you did it by yourself, I beseech you, teach me your way. How long can it run before the battery(s) needs to be replaced/recharged?

ponchato said:
It looks really good! How well does it fit?

Also, how did you work out that fan? Is there a tutorial on these forums or did you completely do it by yourself?

If you did it by yourself, I beseech you, teach me your way. How long can it run before the battery(s) needs to be replaced/recharged?

I did this myself, and it's like midnight, so I'll write up a quick tutorial when I'm more awake, i was quite simple, I didn't even bother with a switch, and I've had it running for like about 2 hours with no noticeable drops on the same 9 volt, I can make a quick video, other wise some pictures and a bit of writing, I'll base that on popular demand, which at this point is just you, so let me know what you would like.

Lord Perth 16 said:
I did this myself, and it's like midnight, so I'll write up a quick tutorial when I'm more awake, i was quite simple, I didn't even bother with a switch, and I've had it running for like about 2 hours with no noticeable drops on the same 9 volt, I can make a quick video, other wise some pictures and a bit of writing, I'll base that on popular demand, which at this point is just you, so let me know what you would like.

A video would probably be the easiest to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back