Lowcone494's MJOLNIR project. NEED HELP WITH SOME IDEAS! {PIC HEAVY-ish}.

Status
Not open for further replies.
here are some more pics.
0602141248_0001_zps7a55122a.jpg
Fan01_zps5fc38aa4.jpg
Mag01_zps94e99e5e.jpg
0602141135_zpsdf9623ad.jpg
PR03_zpsa8a39274.jpg
The fans above are 12V so they can be used on a 12v battery pack right?? these are the ones that are too big but i thought id try em on. me being really thin helps me none lol.

I have been listening to Halo OWaW ost all week.

0602141248_0001_zps7a55122a.jpg

Fan01_zps5fc38aa4.jpg

Mag01_zps94e99e5e.jpg

0602141135_zpsdf9623ad.jpg

PR03_zpsa8a39274.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
my pep program is not allowing me to scale for some reason. So i just printed low def versions of them so i could get some more practice and then once i fix my viewer ill hopefully have a job to fund more card stock and do the high def parts scaled the right way.Also what do you suggest, hot glue, or bottle glue? and I just fixed my images, i moved them around on my Photobucket.

well i found a new reference pic while on google. This is not by me and all credits for the art goes to the creator,
04_zpsbae955d1.jpg

Attachments

• 04_zpsbae955d1.jpg
    04_zpsbae955d1.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 117
Exactly how is it not letting you scale? Are you getting an error message or something? A step-by-step description of how you are attempting to scale would be helpful as well.

If you're on a budget, it would be best to get the scaling figured out since these huge models you are building are wasting a lot of paper.

my pep program is not allowing me to scale for some reason. So i just printed low def versions of them so i could get some more practice and then once i fix my viewer ill hopefully have a job to fund more card stock and do the high def parts scaled the right way.Also what do you suggest, hot glue, or bottle glue? and I just fixed my images, i moved them around on my Photobucket.
You shouldn't really be having problems changing the scale. Try checking out my thread: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31627-HaloGoddess-quot-How-To-Scale-quot-and-More-Tutorial and in the 2nd post, I cover how to change scale in pepakura. It's a pretty helpful thread so check it out. :)

Your pieces do look pretty big and being that you are more thin, you may find that you have to alter the pieces to fit you a little more snug, but NOT TOO much. This is an issue I have come across being that I'm female so I don't have a muscular, male build. XD haha

You shouldn't really be having problems changing the scale. Try checking out my thread: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31627-HaloGoddess-quot-How-To-Scale-quot-and-More-Tutorial and in the 2nd post, I cover how to change scale in pepakura. It's a pretty helpful thread so check it out. :)

Your pieces do look pretty big and being that you are more thin, you may find that you have to alter the pieces to fit you a little more snug, but NOT TOO much. This is an issue I have come across being that I'm female so I don't have a muscular, male build. XD haha

Lol i have no muscle either! i have read your thread and ill be reinstalling the program and making sure everything works before i print the stuff off. i need to get a job before i can buy more card stock.
Once i get to summer school tomorrow ill be posting my expense report and asking for the names of some products.I have not spent anything yet so this is more of a price list for how much ill be spending on this suit.

they are meant to be big, they were just to be low def tester parts and i felt like taking pics while wearing them, they will be my test for my first time using resin and glassing and bondo.

once i get a job and buy more cardstock (along with all the other things ill need), ill be doing the high def H3 MKVI suit and using carpathia's support parts for when i do resin. that way, ill have experience in using resin, Bondo, and glassing from the low def parts so i don't mess any of the parts up.

nice work by the way on your stuff!

Does your tactical hardcase have a hollow interior or is it solid? i want to take the tactical hardcase and fit it to my MKVI once i make it.

I a also thinking of making a jetpack and retrofitting it to my MKVI once i make it.

I also found out what is wrong with my program. my mom got the viewer not the designer. i gave her the new installer and it should be fixed now. all i need is a job and i can kick off this build.

thanks for pointing that out lol

OK! here is the expense report... please tell me if there is anything you dont think i need or you think i should add.
X=no price ??=need suggestions
Folding table----49.99 paint-------------3.69
Dremmel kit-----79.99 bondo------------15.99
epoxy----------3.99 paint brushes-----4.99
Blue tape-------5.99 fiberglass cloth---5.69
masking tape---10.49 vinyl gloves-------8.99
T plate---------3.74 sand paper-------2.92
knife set-------3.79 respirator---------??
hot glue-------8.99 clips--------------X
cardstock------5.48 super glue--------2.79
speaker wire---9.99 battery packs----??
LEDs----------X black plunger head-6.99
Visors---------?? switches-----------??
undersuit------ X speakers----------??
velcro---------X screen------------(doorscreen)
foam----------? foam mats--------??
magnets------1.89 mesh-----------??
EVA foam-----? rubber strips------??
cargo net-----? plastic tarp-------19.99
headset-------? speaker grille------X
foil-----------X metal ruler--------X
razor blades--X total thus far:257.76
money i want for the con after my build: at least 250.00

Where are you located?

Craigslist can be a beautiful thing if there is one set up around your area, or a flea market. You could probably find the folding table and speakers and such used for a decent price. Cargo net you could make yourself out of some 550 cord. Under suit can be a simple as long johns or as expensive as a motorcycle pressure suit. Everything else look into amazon or eBay. Don't skimp on the respirator. I have 4 good ones two for me two for my kids. I have a full face one I plan to use when messing with resin and fiberglass and a half one for sanding.

Good luck. And expect to make mistakes.

Im in ohio. and craigslist is not on my good terms. im planning on a black surf suit for an under suit. i dont plan on cheaping out on the respirator (even tho i plan to be working in a open field ill wear it anyway). good idea on the cargo net, and im trying to find some good foam mats but i need some reference on the ?? ones. like brand names.

Be careful what you choose for an undersuit. Neoprene body suits like diver/surfer body suits are meant to retain body heat to keep you from getting cold while diving/surfing. So it's likely that you'll overheat in a suit like this.

You really want something that breathes under your armor. Athletic wear like compression pants and training shirts are meant for just that. Also, as much as I hate them, a morph suit would be a better alternative than a neoprene body suit.

Be careful what you choose for an undersuit. Neoprene body suits like diver/surfer body suits are meant to retain body heat to keep you from getting cold while diving/surfing. So it's likely that you'll overheat in a suit like this.

You really want something that breathes under your armor. Athletic wear like compression pants and training shirts are meant for just that. Also, as much as I hate them, a morph suit would be a better alternative than a neoprene body suit.
I thought about that and yeh, i might look into what you used for yours. and morph suits are no good imo.

As stated in my Mk VI build thread, I use Fila compression pants and a Fila training shirt. They breathe so well that if I wear the costume in a well air-conditioned space or outside during the late fall months, I can get a bit cold. Most of the time, however, it's very comfortable.

As stated in my Mk VI build thread, I use Fila compression pants and a Fila training shirt. They breathe so well that if I wear the costume in a well air-conditioned space or outside during the late fall months, I can get a bit cold. Most of the time, however, it's very comfortable.
the shirt (if i remember right) had the same detail part as the h3 undersuit. on the center of the stomach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back