Lowcone494's MJOLNIR project. NEED HELP WITH SOME IDEAS! {PIC HEAVY-ish}.

Status
Not open for further replies.
041_zpsfbe42e27.jpg
this is what im now wondering

I really like what you did here in highlighting certain aspects of the undersuit.
I was planning on hand drawing the layers I was thinking of for my reach undersuit, but it probably is a lot easier to just edit a photo like you have :)
I would say that the color at the top/front of the chest for a REACH build would be a layer of foam between the undersuit and the actual armor pieces. In Reach, there are sections where there is like an upper and lower undersuit, like the interior of the thighs for example.
As for this Halo 3 Master Chief image, i would say that you could get away with it all being a single level of undersuit rather than having layers of undersuit.

Lastly, in regards to the red on the back of the helmet: Yes, that is part of the helmet, but some people in the past have made that area removable or out of rubber so that they can take the helmet off or put it on more easily.

Attachments

• 041_zpsfbe42e27.jpg
    041_zpsfbe42e27.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 95
I really like what you did here in highlighting certain aspects of the undersuit.
I was planning on hand drawing the layers I was thinking of for my reach undersuit, but it probably is a lot easier to just edit a photo like you have :)
I would say that the color at the top/front of the chest for a REACH build would be a layer of foam between the undersuit and the actual armor pieces. In Reach, there are sections where there is like an upper and lower undersuit, like the interior of the thighs for example.
As for this Halo 3 Master Chief image, i would say that you could get away with it all being a single level of undersuit rather than having layers of undersuit.

Lastly, in regards to the red on the back of the helmet: Yes, that is part of the helmet, but some people in the past have made that area removable or out of rubber so that they can take the helmet off or put it on more easily.

im using photoshop and thats the back off mod from impct props.

Yeah. I don't think they were the first to do it, but I think they have a tutorial for it on their site which is nice.

i was online earlyer and saw a needler kit for 600 dolars and i think it would be sooo worth it.
edit: volpin props.

i have been thinking. once i do the paint, i want to do decals, do i print out a template of it and paint it on using that, or something else? also I want to do the 405th icon from the banner on my shoulders, how would i go about doing that? and lastly, after i do the decals, is there a clear paint i can put on the suit to protect the pain after i do the weathering and decals?? i want to use it if i go play paintball and don't want to have to repaint it after each time i play.

Scouthelm01_zpsc079b829.jpg

found another reference pic, this is not mine, the black is the undersuit, the blue is a part that (Iknow is not mesh) looks like mesh (Iknow its not). and the green is, you guessed it!, the visor.

UPDATE: been going by kroger every day and they still have no cardstock! DX

Attachments

• Scouthelm01_zpsc079b829.jpg
    Scouthelm01_zpsc079b829.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 113
I noticed that im stuck in the thing where i need a job to get exp but need exp to get a job... GAAHHH! DX why wont anyone hire me lol

i have just did the scaling. i am 70 inches, I added to make it 72 to compensate the height. i did 72/86=0.837209302 and divided that by the scale of the file, 2.414170

Is this right?

i have just did the scaling. i am 70 inches, I added to make it 72 to compensate the height. i did 72/86=0.837209302 and divided that by the scale of the file, 2.414170

Is this right?
I am unsure about using that scaling method as it seems to only work with people of a certain height. It's normally best to just measure for each piece seperately to make sure everything fits right. ;)

I am unsure about using that scaling method as it seems to only work with people of a certain height. It's normally best to just measure for each piece seperately to make sure everything fits right. ;)

yeh, il just hop on your thread for that once i get to a store that has cardstock... the kroger here has 40 sheets of colored cardstock. but i want GP brand bc its cheaper and has more paper at 110lbs.

yeh, il just hop on your thread for that once i get to a store that has cardstock... the kroger here has 40 sheets of colored cardstock. but i want GP brand bc its cheaper and has more paper at 110lbs.

I got my ream from Amazon. It's not too expensive and holds up well enough. Remember, it just needs to hold until you harden the piece. After that, the paper doesn't matter.

I got my ream from Amazon. It's not too expensive and holds up well enough. Remember, it just needs to hold until you harden the piece. After that, the paper doesn't matter.

ill be going to my moms soon so ill just get it at wall mart good idea tho

I'm going to agree with this as well. Not everyone has the proportions of John.

I actually used a scaling method very very similar to Halogoddess', and I've gotten many compliments about the proportions of my suit.

Don't wait until you get cardstock to start looking at other threads. Do your research now, while you have no supplies. Research is about 75% of this hobby, so you should really dedicate some time to do it.

I'm going to agree with this as well. Not everyone has the proportions of John.

I actually used a scaling method very very similar to Halogoddess', and I've gotten many compliments about the proportions of my suit.

Don't wait until you get cardstock to start looking at other threads. Do your research now, while you have no supplies. Research is about 75% of this hobby, so you should really dedicate some time to do it.
I have been, That is why i even started the thread, i knew id only get to do testers on the amount of card stock. I have been researching every day since i started my thread and even before it. I have all the information i need to do my suit and then some. I have some of the supply's on hand but i want to buy them because i want them to be my personal property (I want my own dremmel so i don't have to be borrowing my dads if he would even let me use it.) All i have left is to get a job and buy the materials, build, and maybe invest in a few tools to make the work smother, like that machine that cuts out the templates for you, and (if i get enough saved up) a 3D printer. notes on this stuff would be nice, also i might try my hand at foam once i get a light rifle file for foam and the money to.

Also, How would i do the UNSC decals? like the insignia and my Spartan ID, and I need a sticker printer so i can make a 405th sticker instead of trying to hand make it.

Also, How would i do the UNSC decals? like the insignia and my Spartan ID, and I need a sticker printer so i can make a 405th sticker instead of trying to hand make it.
YOu can try to handpaint "UNSC" on your armor or you can print out the words onto cardstock and then cut it out to create a stencil so you can paint it on. As for the sticker part, you can go to an office supply store and buy sticker labels to print the 405th logo on it. You would just have to know how to lay out the image so that when it prints, it fully prints on one whole label. Normally the large sticker labels should work. They come in different sizes and you will mostly be looking for the height you want since a label sticker is normally longer than it is higher. Since you have PS and I'm guessing you understand how to use it, you should have no problem setting it up. :)

YOu can try to handpaint "UNSC" on your armor or you can print out the words onto cardstock and then cut it out to create a stencil so you can paint it on. As for the sticker part, you can go to an office supply store and buy sticker labels to print the 405th logo on it. You would just have to know how to lay out the image so that when it prints, it fully prints on one whole label. Normally the large sticker labels should work. They come in different sizes and you will mostly be looking for the height you want since a label sticker is normally longer than it is higher. Since you have PS and I'm guessing you understand how to use it, you should have no problem setting it up. :)

yeh, kinda thought that would be the answer, ill just get some sticker paper, i have a cannon printer that can use it so ill just do that and paint a clear layer over the armor once i do the decals and weathering. but if i do stickers, they cant be weathered. so il just do stencils.
I also got hold of some information on vacuforming for big visors and visors in general.
once i get funding, ill be able to put this project into full gear and now i have all the information to make the suit.

EDIT: going to walmart to try for work, they just opened one by my moms.

Sorry for my many double posts but aside from that, i have been looking for halo 4 files, to look at and start plying with in my free time of my first suit.
Im looking for:
H4 EVA helm,venator
H4 Fotus chest
H4 Rogue shoulders
H4 Fotus forearms
H4 fotus legs
H4 thighs
I want to make a H4 multiplayer suit after my current work and want to have the files on hand to play with during my free time. I have looked around for the files but have some trouble finding them.

good news!! i have got cardstock and have started my build. i will be getting pics up as soon as i can. and ill warn you now, its technicolor cardstock. i also have the money to go out and get resin for the shin i have already completed.

I have looked around for the files but have some trouble finding them.

Try the 3D Modelling forum. I do recall putting up something like.... oh, I don't know. A hundred, hundred and fifty Halo 4 armour files? You know, nothing major.

Try the 3D Modelling forum. I do recall putting up something like.... oh, I don't know. A hundred, hundred and fifty Halo 4 armour files? You know, nothing major.

well i do have some skill in overlooking things... thanks for the note. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back