Lowcone494's MJOLNIR project. NEED HELP WITH SOME IDEAS! {PIC HEAVY-ish}.

Status
Not open for further replies.
041_zpsfbe42e27.jpg
this is what im now wondering

Attachments

• 041_zpsfbe42e27.jpg
    041_zpsfbe42e27.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 121
You're wondering what to make the red parts out of? Typically, people include those in the pep armor. The back of the helmet and the area you indicated on the torso in red are both part of most pep files. Same with the areas you've indicated in yellow.

You're wondering what to make the red parts out of? Typically, people include those in the pep armor. The back of the helmet and the area you indicated on the torso in red are both part of most pep files. Same with the areas you've indicated in yellow.

in a way. i know they are in the files. i wonder if the yellow is the undesuit or a black detail spot. amd i wamted to make the red part on the torso out of firm rubber or foam to give it slight flex and a nice detail instead of a flat spot.

also... i just noticed my infantryman status. i thought you had to have so many posts or be a member for so long. does my thread get moved or do i have to remake it in the creation discussion? or does it stay here. in the noob section.

in a way. i know they are in the files. i wonder if the yellow is the undesuit or a black detail spot. amd i wamted to make the red part on the torso out of firm rubber or foam to give it slight flex and a nice detail instead of a flat spot.
The black spots on the forearms are definitely part of the forearm itself (detail) and NOT part of the undersuit.

Also, my tactical case is hollow. That is how it was modeled. It would not have been a smart idea for me to model it as a solid piece. :p

The black spots on the forearms are definitely part of the forearm itself (detail) and NOT part of the undersuit.

Also, my tactical case is hollow. That is how it was modeled. It would not have been a smart idea for me to model it as a solid piece. :p
thanks for the note on the forearms. thats what i thought but they looked like they were the undersuit showing through.
do you use it as a storage spot or just leave it empty. i might put my wallet in it if i can fit it to a h3 MK VI :D

just found my halo 4 master chief figure. hes my new motivation. what better then for me to build the halo 3 mkvi with motivation from the h4 figure lol.

i was hoping someone could give me some links to some good threads with visor help. like all my questions, i am tyring to learn as much as i can before i start so i can go in prepared and make as litle mistakes as i can. tho i still expect there to be mistakes. the visors are the last thing i really need to learn about. other than making weapons.

does anyone know where i could find a file for the h3 mauler??

Visor help? You just buy a visor. :p Once your helmet is finished (hardened) you can fit your visor in and place it just to see how it fits and use a dremel to cut off SOME of excess. You want to make sure the visor is still a little bigger than the visor space on the helmet so you have something to work with when you screw it in place.

You can use the tactical case as storage. You just need to make it so that you can attach the lid with a hinge so you can open and close it, but make sure it is VERY secure when you shut it AND make sure you have it firmly attached because it would suck to have it fall off and loose your personal items. D:

H3 Mauler (best one I could find): http://www.4shared.com/file/T5A2zlWT/HD_Mauler_2.htm

Visor help? You just buy a visor. :p Once your helmet is finished (hardened) you can fit your visor in and place it just to see how it fits and use a dremel to cut off SOME of excess. You want to make sure the visor is still a little bigger than the visor space on the helmet so you have something to work with when you screw it in place.

You can use the tactical case as storage. You just need to make it so that you can attach the lid with a hinge so you can open and close it, but make sure it is VERY secure when you shut it AND make sure you have it firmly attached because it would suck to have it fall off and loose your personal items. D:

H3 Mauler (best one I could find): http://www.4shared.com/file/T5A2zlWT/HD_Mauler_2.htm

thanks for the file.

and for visors, i wonder if vacuforming is good for helmets like odst. and as far as double layer visors go.

i just noticed my infantryman status and wonder: does my thread get moved or do i remake it in the creation discussion.

if i do get the case working, ill be using a slide lock system and a magnet for the lid ill use a hinge that allows me to open it without having to slide it off and open it and to hold itclosed ill use a smaller magnet and a painted velcro strip.

random note:is there a 405th shirt or could i make one on a site like customink?? i plan to have the 405th decal on my shoulder plates for ohiocon.

Hey, i downloaded the Mauler file and began to unfold it. I think I did pretty good for the first time. I just have to buy the keycode for pep designer before I can give you the file. Do I need to have the permission of the modeler before I unfold it?

Hey, i downloaded the Mauler file and began to unfold it. I think I did pretty good for the first time. I just have to buy the keycode for pep designer before I can give you the file. Do I need to have the permission of the modeler before I unfold it?

i didnt make it. and you mean as a first weapon build? i dont know if you need permission or not. if you do the unfold, ill just put the name of the modeler so they get credit and unfolded by you.

You don't need permission to unfold it. If it needs to be unfolded I can do it. I'm able to save files in pepakura. I'll try to get to it today. I have 2 unfolds I am currently working on and will just add the mauler to it and add it here. :)

EDIT: I also noticed there is a problem with the model that will make it a little tricky to properly assemble. I can fix this. :)

i didnt make it. and you mean as a first weapon build? i dont know if you need permission or not. if you do the unfold, ill just put the name of the modeler so they get credit and unfolded by you.

You don't need permission to unfold it. If it needs to be unfolded I can do it. I'm able to save files in pepakura. I'll try to get to it today. I have 2 unfolds I am currently working on and will just add the mauler to it and add it here. :)

EDIT: I also noticed there is a problem with the model that will make it a little tricky to properly assemble. I can fix this. :)

I am just going to leave it up to HaloGoddess, because she knows what shes doing, and she has the pep keycode. But ill still finish my unfold.:)

Here is the NEW H3 Mauler fully unfolded and fixed: http://www.4shared.com/file/BUhQJj5pce/Mauler_Animaloide.html

Since I'm unsure of the EXACT name of the person who modeled it, I used the name of the person who's 4shared account it is connected to. If ANYONE knows the correct name of the person who modeled it, PLEASE let me know! I want to ensure that the right person receives proper credit. :)

Here is the NEW H3 Mauler fully unfolded and fixed: http://www.4shared.com/file/BUhQJj5pce/Mauler_Animaloide.html

Since I'm unsure of the EXACT name of the person who modeled it, I used the name of the person who's 4shared account it is connected to. If ANYONE knows the correct name of the person who modeled it, PLEASE let me know! I want to ensure that the right person receives proper credit. :)

thank you verry much! ill be buying more cardstock soon and ill be done with summer school this week so i should get my hot glue gun back to. (stupid english 10) lol. im also going to aply at kroger today, i have outstanding references so i should get in. thanks for al the help from you guys and gals thus far!

Ok, so i went to kroger(where i bought my first pack of cardstock) and they didnt ANY. so, im going to apply at kroger in a few minutes and then head out to the local doller store to see if i can get lucky. :(

Try wal*mart too. They had it pretty cheap when I got mine. $6 for a ream of cardstock and there is a fair amount too. One ream is all I needed to make my Kat costume, but at the same time, I made mine out of foam and only needed the pep models as templates and reduces how much I actually need. However, I made 2 attempts on my chestplate and made even more things from that one ream. ;)

Following what ()HaloMaster() said, you only need the activated version to save files. You can download Pep Designer HERE and use it to change your scale free of charge.

Following what ()HaloMaster() said, you only need the activated version to save files. You can download Pep Designer HERE and use it to change your scale free of charge.
I fixed it, Turns out i was not paying attention and i was using the viewer. i have the right program now. i might buy it anyways. thanks for making me notice. i was close to stopping the work altogether. ill be posting pics up once i go to my moms for wendsday and hoe the store by her house has cardstock. my roger does not have it anymore. :(

Try wal*mart too. They had it pretty cheap when I got mine. $6 for a ream of cardstock and there is a fair amount too. One ream is all I needed to make my Kat costume, but at the same time, I made mine out of foam and only needed the pep models as templates and reduces how much I actually need. However, I made 2 attempts on my chestplate and made even more things from that one ream. ;)
Was it 110lbs cardstock??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back