Macattack64 Mark VI Spartan Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
xXSTICKXx: 30 August 2009 - 01:04 AM

pretty sick man now i dont mean to bea pain but how do you sale to get your helm size put our hight in the scale and add a few cm to hight and witdh?

All I did was try to match the width of my red helmet. Give or take.

Ok so I sanded off the spot putty to get it nice and smooth, I still have a few minor spots to fix.. I took these pictures while the primer was still a little wet..

P8080079.jpg

P8080080.jpg

P8080081.jpg

P8080082.jpg

P8080083.jpg

I'll do some sanding on it to get it smooth and I'll fix any spots that need fixing, then it'll almost be done and I'll put some paint on it, get a visor, and get a new visor for my other red helmet. I'm thinking double, eh?

Haha I'm glad you like, but I don't know how much time I'll get.. School starts tomorrow and little to no time to work on this tomorrow..

You are slushcasting smoothon 300 for reinforcement right? How is that working out for you so far? From looking at the pics it seems to be doing rather well

P32: 30 August 2009 - 11:35 PM

You are slushcasting smoothon 300 for reinforcement right? How is that working out for you so far? From looking at the pics it seems to be doing rather well

I'm using Smooth-Cast 320 and it works well, you just have to make sure spots are thick enough and try to preven spilling.. other than that, it's great.

@Mac

Haha yeah I got school starting in the next couple weeks and armor progress will be slow for me also ):

Though I do plan on finishing by Halo-Ween

Not that I know of, Pooper.

But I do have an update.. After a day of school and finding time It's midnight, I'm sweaty and tired.. Here's the Recon.. I'm still not done though.. I need to do spot putty in certain areas and I also need to get the forehead thinger.. Also the primer was wet when I took the pictures..

P8100084.jpg

P8100085.jpg

P8100086.jpg

P8100087.jpg

P8100088.jpg

P8100089.jpg

EDIT: I'm calling it a night.. This is what I'm left with:

P8100090.jpg

P8100091.jpg

P8100092.jpg

Um, I do have one critique for you on that Recon helmet, buddy... it's looking too shiny in the pics :) J/k

Seriously though, that's some fantastic work you've done on that second helmet. I take it you're going to give yourself the option of switching between the two with your armour, should you choose to do so?

Took a look at your WiP pics on the last page, btw. I'm liking how the bondo work is coming along on those forearms. You've got some nice, smooth contours going on there. And the chest armour's looking pre-tee sweet, too.

Quick question. Could you give me the dimensions of the ab plate (height, width)? See, I bought mine second-hand from another member here, and that wasn't included with it, so I'm thinking of scratch-building it out of layered sheet styrene. I'd like to get the sizing right, though :)

SPARTAN II said:
Um, I do have one critique for you on that Recon helmet, buddy... it's looking too shiny in the pics :) J/k

Seriously though, that's some fantastic work you've done on that second helmet. I take it you're going to give yourself the option of switching between the two with your armour, should you choose to do so?

Took a look at your WiP pics on the last page, btw. I'm liking how the bondo work is coming along on those forearms. You've got some nice, smooth contours going on there. And the chest armour's looking pre-tee sweet, too.

Quick question. Could you give me the dimensions of the ab plate (height, width)? See, I bought mine second-hand from another member here, and that wasn't included with it, so I'm thinking of scratch-building it out of layered sheet styrene. I'd like to get the sizing right, though :)

Yea sure, I'll bring it up for you on pep, and give you what it says.. it's scaled from a 42.1 height torso but this is an extended ab plate.. Height: 12.9 cm Width: 27.5cm That's what Pepalura tells me, I can measure it for you too?

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, that helmet is absolutely Fantastic! It makes me want to stop what I'm doing and start making myself a recon helm. Quick question, and sorry if I missed this, but what's your plan on making the attachment piece that goes on the forehead of the helmet?

Mac, it's looking great... I love this suit!

pooper said:
Damn, that helmet is absolutely Fantastic! It makes me want to stop what I'm doing and start making myself a recon helm. Quick question, and sorry if I missed this, but what's your plan on making the attachment piece that goes on the forehead of the helmet?

Mac, it's looking great... I love this suit!

I'm gonna pep one so it's the right size, fill it with liquid plastic and do some bondo, I'm not sure if I'm going to figure out a vent or not, but as of right now no vent.. But yea.. :p

EDIT: Quick question: should I add some kinda of detail on the back of the helmet?

I apologies for the double post. I didn't get any replies for whether I should do anything about the back, so I took it upon myself to do it anyways.

Here are the pictures:

P8110093.jpg

P8110094.jpg

P8110095.jpg

P8110096.jpg

P8110097.jpg

P8110098.jpg

P8110099.jpg

P8110100.jpg

Macattack64 said:
Yea sure, I'll bring it up for you on pep, and give you what it says.. it's scaled from a 42.1 height torso but this is an extended ab plate.. Height: 12.9 cm Width: 27.5cm That's what Pepalura tells me, I can measure it for you too?

Well, if that's what Pepakura tells you, and that's the scale you printed it out at, then the measurements you posted should be enough. Thanks, buddy :cool

Macattack64 said:
I apologies for the double post. I didn't get any replies for whether I should do anything about the back, so I took it upon myself to do it anyways.

Here are the pictures:

[/quote]

Oops. Didn't see your question about that yesterday, but yeah... I agree there should be some sort of details on the back of the helmet. Which look good, btw. Do you have anything else in mind for detailing of the helmet?

nynjamasta said:
Were can I get that smooth version of recon?????? I have looked EVERYWHERE!!!!

your armor is really good.

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17258&st=0&p=273709&fromsearch=1&#entry273709

I think it probably should go on the wiki, but I don't know how to do that.

SPARTAN II said:
Oops. Didn't see your question about that yesterday, but yeah... I agree there should be some sort of details on the back of the helmet. Which look good, btw. Do you have anything else in mind for detailing of the helmet?

Well I may add the little bit of detail that goes to the circular indents on the top and the circles for the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back