Macattack64 Mark VI Spartan Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appologize for the double post. I have an update and a small rant for tonight.

-Recon is almost done and I added the small circular things to the front and the forehead thing is put together just needs plastic..

-Started working on forearms today and they are getting knocked out pretty fast idk how much detail I'll put into them. I don't think I'll add any line detail to it.. Should I? I don't want it to be like overly detailed if I don't do too much to everything else.

Rant: So my mentally challenged/handicapped neighbor, he really is and that's what it's called, comes over and questions me about what I'm doing like usual and the oh that smells shindig, but when he leave he says see ya holds out his hand so I go to like hi5 him. He grabs my hand like he's going to break it and I drop my forearm piece.. When I inspected it, it was like an edge of plastic was pealing up from inside and a small crack.. Apparently the edge pealing up must go deep because it was like taking all my superglue into it and idk where it went, but it had to go somewhere inside the piece.. I clamped it and hopefully it is good. It feels like it might be a very small gap in there but it should be good. I just needed to vent.. But I'm still pissed about it.

I just hope this incident won't leave me with problems towards the end. Like if I do add the line details cut in and it cuts and there is the gap..

IDK I guess I'll have to see and find out..

MACATTACK OUT.

Hope to see some pics on that recon :D

Though I had the same thing to me except the neighbor part

But I dropped my almost finished helm onto concrete and a chunk of bondo came off

and it cracked on the left jaw side along the housing for the lights

and the top left side of the brim

Sorry to hear your misfortune though :/

SoullessSin said:
Hope to see some pics on that recon :D

Though I had the same thing to me except the neighbor part

But I dropped my almost finished helm onto concrete and a chunk of bondo came off

and it cracked on the left jaw side along the housing for the lights

and the top left side of the brim

Sorry to hear your misfortune though :/

I just hope it doesn't effect anything major in the long run. I thought about it and I realize I had put all the bondo on the forearm pieces and all I had to do was sand it, cover it in spot putty and then I'd be done. I didn't like round it out entirely but made it smooth and nice.

EDIT: I'd also like to state that I won't be completely finishing the Recon helmet. I'll have all the details in, add the forehead thing and I'll prime it, but I'm gonna leave it at that until I get all my other stuff to being bondoed and primed. Then I can focus on straps and lastly I can focus on paint, pads and visors.

Last edited by a moderator:
All you did was fill in the crack and covered it huh.

Well I hope it doesn't turn into anything worse.

Though I am going the same path as you are,

I'm trying to get everything bondo'd and primed before paint :p

SoullessSin said:
All you did was fill in the crack and covered it huh.

Well I hope it doesn't turn into anything worse.

Though I am going the same path as you are,

I'm trying to get everything bondo'd and primed before paint :p

Fill it, kinda. More like clamp it down, superglue it back and hope for the best. It looks pretty good.. IDK dude, I'm kind of worried, but I think it should be fine.

hey, mac, i just saw your recon, it looks amazing. Also saw that you are gonna be starting the top piece so i figured now would be a good time to release this Recon Top Piece. It should be about the perfect size. I have a pic of it in my recon wip in my gallery if you wanna see it.

gallery_6889_643_21935.jpg
]

Sorry to hear about your little "mishap" there, buddy. I'm sure if you manage to reinforce it properly using the super glue, once it's dried it should it together.

That's awesome news on the recon helmet, btw. I hope we can expect to see some pics soon with the final details added to it.

As for the whole detail issue, my personal policy on that is "the more detail, the better". I'm planning on putting as much detail into my build as possible, taking a bit from both the HALO 2 and HALO 3 in-game models. But maybe that's just me :plol

Ok just the recon pics to show you the circles. I used the inside of a cd to get that size.

P8190119.jpg

P8190120.jpg

P8190121.jpg

Here's one fairly done forearm. Will cut in some detail lines after I get the other to this state.

P8190113.jpg

P8190114.jpg

P8190115.jpg

P8190116.jpg

P8190117.jpg

P8190118.jpg

I just 600 grit it and washed it.

Nice recon :D

I noticed you are using FS Med def forearms huh

Though I'm not a fan of recon but I do like what you did with the forearms,

I tried adding some detail but kinda failed :p

Lol nice :D

Haha were you too lazy to do Nuggets Hd forearms?

I know I was :p

EDIT:

How weird, the firefox browser I have will only let me browse on the 405th site and no where else o.o

SoullessSin said:
Lol nice :D

Haha were you too lazy to do Nuggets Hd forearms?

I know I was :p

EDIT:

How weird, the firefox browser I have will only let me browse on the 405th site and no where else o.o

Actually if you look at earlier pics I had a set of Nuggets forearms. Actually I still have them all resined, but anyways I felt they were too big and they woulda been a pain to rebuild.

SoullessSin said:
Oh I see,

Well you made the med def forearms look like HD :D

I'm not done with them yet. :) I got some lines to cut into them. I think on the underside.

SoullessSin said:
I know what you are talking about

I still need to do that,

How are you gonna approach that ?

Draw it on with a sharpie and then carefully attempt to cut it straight. This is where potential problems could occur with my latest mishap. Because if there is a gap there it's gonna need some fixing.. I just hope I won't have to or I could get some more super glue there. Whatever has to be done, will be done.

Basically just skipping on building up on bondo and cut it and probably put something on the backside?

Seems like I have to brake out my dremel :D

SoullessSin said:
Basically just skipping on building up on bondo and cut it and probably put something on the backside?

Seems like I have to brake out my dremel :D

No no no. I'm talking about how I did the lines on the recon, same way. I've already did bondo on the forearms.

EDIT: wait you got me all confuzzled.

EDIT2: You'll just have to wait and see maybe.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back