Macattack64 Mark VI Spartan Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I got the other forearm where it needs to be. Next I'll carve in the detail lines so that it is enough for acrylic black paint do go in and made them look deeper.

I also want to share some history.

P8190125.jpg

P8190126.jpg

Oh, thank you very much. :)

I'll update tonight hopefully, but I've drawn on the lines for me to cut the lined detail. I'll let you guys know how it goes. :p

I'll have to do it tonight after work.

Wow, my jeans look just as dirty as your hat! :p

Noob question about how you're going to add the details on the forearm. Are you going to carve them in with the engraver on the dremel? If so, how well does it work? I haven't used it yet on mine for fear that I'll mess up. Is it fairly easy to use (hell, it can't be no harder that using those cutting wheels I guess...).

pooper said:
Wow, my jeans look just as dirty as your hat! :p

Noob question about how you're going to add the details on the forearm. Are you going to carve them in with the engraver on the dremel? If so, how well does it work? I haven't used it yet on mine for fear that I'll mess up. Is it fairly easy to use (hell, it can't be no harder that using those cutting wheels I guess...).

I must be an idiot cuz when I tried the engraver bit I messed up on my red helmet. I've just been using the cutting wheel to make the lines. I'll show you maybe try a video of me doing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol I can't use the engraver bit for crap too

But I think using the cutting wheel is good for getting straight details

SoullessSin said:
Lol I can't use the engraver bit for crap too

But I think using the cutting wheel is good for getting straight details

You can get certain curves if you do it right.

Should I do a video or no?

SoullessSin said:
Well I don't have the well of a steady hand to engrave into bondo.

But a vid is a good idea :p

Use 2 hands, you get increased steadiness. :)

Wow, that is gunna look awesome when it's finished. Can't wait to see the finished product! I love the geometry of the legs. Makes them look more machine-ish

shell bullet 5 said:
Wow, that is gunna look awesome when it's finished. Can't wait to see the finished product! I love the geometry of the legs. Makes them look more machine-ish

Well as of right now i don't know if I'm gonna use those legs..

Anyways..

More pictures.. Less words..

P8200127.jpg

P8210128.jpg

P8210129.jpg

P8210130.jpg

P8210131.jpg

I started sanding my biceps and need to figure out what I'm doing because some of the edges are weak so I may add bondo behind them.

SoullessSin said:
So far that's all sharpie work right?

Haha you stole my idea for not typing any updates

No I used the dremel. Only one picture with sharpie.

Mac are you using the cutting disk? I don't trust my hans to be steady enough to make the cut with out going through the piece? Your forearms look really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back