Mark V Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm back with updates. I have redone the helmet because I had to scale it up. I've coated the outside with resin. There seems to be no warpage. Tell me what you think.

DSCF9749.jpg

DSCF9750.jpg

it looks amazing it just needs some glass to keep its shape in so it wont warp on you or something like that

I got some more updates. The whole left arm is done in the pepakura stage. I have started adding details using card board and have fiber glassed the gut plate. Just need to add some rondo and sand.

DSCF9757.jpg

DSCF9755.jpg

DSCF9756.jpg

DSCF9754.jpg

Hackmandude12 said:
I put that piece in there for support when I fiberglass it.
GOOD MAN.
Seriously, I'm pretty sure that's why it's there.

Looks like it's coming along nicely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys how are you all, I love all the work you are all doing. I am very new to this Costume design, Well i just went out and bought a key for Pepakura and i am ready to start :rolleyes I was going through the site and all of your models are solid. How do you make paper look that solid? Or is it paper well I am sorry for my noob questions thank you for your time. :p

i dont mean to sound like a newb but i have tried and tried and my printer still prints the mark five super small i am wondering what you scaled your mark V helmet as cuz with the other helmets i have no scale problems ?

Viper_Legends said:
Did you change the printer settings to landscape?

yes and when i do that it makes it super big and prints off the page i tried to make it smaller but it messes up and it still prints off the page

HALOFAN111 said:
yes and when i do that it makes it super big and prints off the page i tried to make it smaller but it messes up and it still prints off the page

Yeah that happens to me. I have to arrange every part so it doesn't do that.

bilsy28 said:
Great Job. What Color Are You Making It?

I want to make red like Sarge.

Viper_Legends said:
Yeah that happens to me. I have to arrange every part so it doesn't do that.

oh so i have to rearrange all the parts i didn't think about that i haven't printed pep in so long i forgot about that part lol thanks i will let you know what happens

Hackmandude12 said:
I know but the mouth piece is flat and I was looking at some pics of Halo Combat Evolved, and the helmet is different in Halo 3. Halo 3 added more details and made the mouth piece flat and taller. I don't like that.

I've noticed that too. I don't like it as much as the original.

Sarge crimson red, eh? Nice choice in colors, it will definitley do well when finished.

I'll help answer these guys questions VL, so your thread can keep living.

1. He uses cardstock (110 lb) like everyone else here.

2. Dont always rely on scaling your parts, use a tape measure sometimes, it will give you a better size, and i think you have some configuration problems.

3.Dont double post (hey, in before the firestorms)

Viper, why are you using the textures on the model, when you are just going to paint over it? Unless its for reference. Just saying, it saves tons of ink.

rvb4life said:
Viper, why are you using the textures on the model, when you are just going to paint over it? Unless its for reference. Just saying, it saves tons of ink.

I just forgot to take it off. Stupid me! :oops:

Tripple post because nobody cares about my progress. I have added two layers of resin on the inside, one on the outside, then primed it.

DSCF9810.jpg

DSCF9811.jpg

Looking good so far man. It'll be great to have a Sarge to go with Caboose ! :D

I wasn't sure if you are planning on adding some more details to the forearms. What I've seen and plan to do is to add a raised bar on this side here:

Viper_Legends said:

That runs straight down from that indent. Also around the cuff section at the end, it seems like that is two bands right on top of each other, I'll look through my stack of reference pictures and see if I can find a better example of what I mean.

Cadet said:
I'll look through my stack of reference pictures and see if I can find a better example of what I mean.

That would be great!

Also, here is the gut plate at this point.

DSCF9814.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back