Mark VI high-def foam armor WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome! Great work on the reshape:D! What tools did you use to reshape it? Did you use a heat gun or reglue some part?:p

Edit: Nvm:p I read post 107^_^

Awesome! Great work on the reshape :D! What tools did you use to reshape it? Did you use a heat gun or reglue some part?:p

Edit: Nvm :p I read post 107^_^

Thanks for the kudos! I did not have to heat it up much, the visor itself worked good to hold the final shape in place (thanks to Longshot for the suggestion)

Thanks for the kudos! I did not have to heat it up much, the visor itself worked good to hold the final shape in place (thanks to Longshot for the suggestion)

Excellent job on "re-forming" the helmet. It definitly look more correct.
--and--
yes will have to do another rockband session with the 2 chiefs. Vids and pics to be taken.

:)

thanks for the info, i will be getting one to place in my helmet
You're welcome. If you can't find one I did find a laptop cpu fan on Amazon.com, you can find it in the extra goodies section of my squidoo page, follow the link in my sig. It's a 5v so should be a bit quieter.

My local radioshack carries a small selection of CPU fans, so you might try that option if you want a fan now vs waiting on shipping. You can also tear apart any old broken electronics ans take the fan (did that for an old Boba Fett helmet).

I'm still amazed at how your armor and shotgun turned out! Especially the helmet! Unfortunately, my armor project has hit the wall of Darth Real Life, and I don't think I'll have it done for Free Comic Book Day. Keep up the good work!

I'm still amazed at how your armor and shotgun turned out! Especially the helmet! Unfortunately, my armor project has hit the wall of Darth Real Life, and I don't think I'll have it done for Free Comic Book Day. Keep up the good work!
Thanks for the kudos! To bad about your Free Comic Book Day, I'm sure you would be a big hit.

Here are my recent pics wearing the armor with the adjusted helm. Enjoy
EPSN0081.jpg

EPSN0082.jpg

EPSN0085.jpg

EPSN0086.jpg

EPSN0087.jpg

EPSN0089.jpg

The suit only weighs 7 pounds, the undersuit is breathable nylon and the helm has a decent fan and soft padding for comfort. All in all I can wear it without overheating and am quite happy with how it turned out. Longshot-X is painting the shotgun and the weather is turning nice here (spring has sprung) so the next pictures will be outdoor themed with a weapon. Can't wait!

Attachments

• EPSN0081.jpg
    EPSN0081.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 166
  • EPSN0082.jpg
    EPSN0082.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 163
  • EPSN0085.jpg
    EPSN0085.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 151
  • EPSN0086.jpg
    EPSN0086.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 160
  • EPSN0087.jpg
    EPSN0087.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 176
  • EPSN0089.jpg
    EPSN0089.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 160
Wowzers! I haven't seen many complete foam armor builds ( only 1 that I can think of ) but still the best I've seen , and even better than some fiberglass ones . Keep up the great work.
(also i was wondering if there was padding in the top of the helmet or if your neck is just really long)

Thanks! I think you will start to see a few more nice foam builds completed, I've seen some pretty good craftsman working on various projects.
And yes, I put very thin padding in the top of the helm and my neck is long too, so in some pics I look giraffe like. I think I might try some padding in the torso shoulders to compensate.

Yup! I can confirm that I have the Shotgun.
Next on my list is to stop by the hardware store and get some paint.

Finaly we have a nice completed suit!
I still want to add lights to it. heheheheh

Those pics look good.
But they are missing something?!?!?!
Hmmmm.... Oh I know its the shin expanders. I found them too!

That means that the next pics will look UBER

Someone mentioned a comparison between a Fiberglass suit and a Foam suit.
Funny! Cause that's what Gamemaster and I have been building up towards.
A comparison (side by side) of 2 Mark VI MJONIR HD's suits.
One of Fiberglass
One of Foam

More on this in due time.

For now I feel that we have earned this:
2%20thumbs%20up.jpg

Attachments

• 2%20thumbs%20up.jpg
    2%20thumbs%20up.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 170
i still cant beive thats foam, its just so epic and smooth, bet its also really comfortable.

i still cant beive thats foam, its just so epic and smooth, bet its also really comfortable.
Thanks! It is comfortable too, as far as wearing foam flooring can be anyway.
Here are a few pics from our "shotgun photoshoot"
Img00021426.jpg

Img00021462.jpg

Img00021427.jpg

Img00021434.jpg

Img00021435.jpg

Img00021441.jpg

Img00021452.jpg

If you want to see high-res pics of each part up close check out www.squidoo.com/halo-armor-challenge

Attachments

• Img00021426.jpg
    Img00021426.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 164
  • Img00021434.jpg
    Img00021434.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 163
  • Img00021427.jpg
    Img00021427.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 170
  • Img00021462.jpg
    Img00021462.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 170
  • Img00021435.jpg
    Img00021435.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 162
  • Img00021452.jpg
    Img00021452.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 170
  • Img00021441.jpg
    Img00021441.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 163
holy cow that is awsome. Who woluld have thought that your suit and weapond were made out of foam they look so real. I have troble making pattern for my foam build suit, oh well I have to keep on trying

holy cow that is awsome. Who woluld have thought that your suit and weapond were made out of foam they look so real. I have troble making pattern for my foam build suit, oh well I have to keep on trying
Thanks! It does look quite real for foam, I have to agree.
I have to admit, the patterns were the difficult part and I spent around 300 hours and a few handfuls of hair for this suit. It was alot of work and I do have the patterns scanned and in JPG format for the Mark VI challenge, you can find out more and view samples here: www.squidoo.com/halo-armor-challenge

Wow this is an amazing suit, doubly so because it's entirely foam! Fantastic job to both you and Longshot, your guys work is the perfect inspiration.

Wow this is an amazing suit, doubly so because it's entirely foam! Fantastic job to both you and Longshot, your guys work is the perfect inspiration.
Thanks for the Kudos! (From both of us)

For the Vancouver Canucks run to the Stanley Cup we dressed up Spartan Intimidator with a Canucks Jersey. His torso is too big for the XXL Jersey, so instead I wore a leather coat underneath to "bulk up"
spartan-canuck.jpg

More pictures: www.squidoo.com/vancouver-hockey

Attachments

• spartan-canuck.jpg
    spartan-canuck.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 153
Halo 4 Starring... ME!

Check me out, I'm the new (extremely unofficial) poster spartan for Halo 4.
halo4-me.jpg

Attachments

• halo4-me.jpg
    halo4-me.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 166
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back