Matronoke's Halo Reach Armor/Security Build- [PIC HEAVY] - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Red Baron! comments like that make me wanna continue with this suit even more :)

UPDATE -

I rondo'd everything today. Man my back is sore from leaning over a table slush casting and brushing in rondo lol

Rondo.jpg

Tomorrow I will get to work on sanding off the rondo that got onto the outside and preparing the pieces for the bondo stage.

Wish me luck!

wow!

just one word thats all it needs... but ill give you several anyway!

Great build man, I cant wait to see you smooth this puppy out and get it painted!

keep up the good work spartan!!!

Wow, I cant wait to see the finished product. It's looking amazing so far. Just out of curiosity, what pep file did you use for the COD piece?

Got a little bit of work done on the boots and my helmet.

I'd love to have some pointers on how to do this bondo work. I feel like I could make this better than it is now.

Anyways, here are some pics:

Boot:
ToeBondo.jpg

ToeSmoothed.jpg

Helmet:
HelmetBondoFront.jpg

HelmetBondoBack.jpg

HelmetBondoFrontSmoothed.jpg

HelmetBondoBackSmoothed.jpg

The boots are almost ready for paint and man I hope they turn out ok

In all honesty, easiest way to make the bondo look better is a power sander, I got a black and decker one for like 30 bucks at home depot, noted it was on clearance, that being said looking bad ass man! If you want to fill in those little dentions in the bondo you could use some spot putty too, instead of more bondo coats

Woo hoo!! I finished the paint job on my helmet!!! I feel like I just created the best work of art I've made in my entire life!!! Here is the process that I went through...

First I finished bondo work and sanding of the helmet:
DSC01013.jpg

DSC01014.jpg

I then cut out the details and visor and added a coat of metallic primer:
DSC01015.jpg

Next I added the base coat of teal:
DSC01017.jpg

Then taped off the areas of teal and added black:
DSC01018.jpg

DSC01019.jpg

After that I added a wash of black acrylic paint:
DSC01021.jpg

Then did the metal wear details using a brush:
DSC01023.jpg

Lastly I added the final details and put the visor back on just for kicks lol.

Here is the finished product (still needs vents, LEDs, and working visor)
DSC01027.jpg

DSC01029.jpg

DSC01031.jpg

DSC01030.jpg

Hope you like it !!! :D

Next on my list will be the torso. Wish me luck!

The Helmet is looking really good there are a cupule of spots that could have used a little more Bondo or sanding but that is a common issue especially on helmets (Learnt that the hard way myself) but all and all it looks reallygood!

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished paint on my chest piece.

DSC01039.jpg

DSC01040.jpg

Here it is with the helmet.

DSC01056.jpg

Sooo much more work to do and soo little time left =/

Hi, GREAT work so far ! I've gotta ask you, how do you get into your chestpiece ? did you split it in two pieces? in that case, could you send me some pictures on how you did it :) I'm using the same file, and have just finished the pepping ^^

ya i split it in two pieces. All u do is take a dremel to it. It doesn't matter where you cut it but i cut mine through the middle of the bottom and top arm supports on both sides. If I where you I would wait to cut it until after you harden it with rondo or fiberglass so it doesn't warp.

ya i split it in two pieces. All u do is take a dremel to it. It doesn't matter where you cut it but i cut mine through the middle of the bottom and top arm supports on both sides. If I where you I would wait to cut it until after you harden it with rondo or fiberglass so it doesn't warp.
Nice, thanks for the info! Yes, that was just what I've planned to do! It's sure as hell frustrating when your pep models warp :/

haha ya i realized it after i finished.... oh well now it looks like I went to hell and back twice in this suit lol

UPDATE!!!

after painting the shoulders for the first time using spray-paint....I realized 2 things....

First, the colors that I bought did NOT go together =/
Second, the paint job itself looked very bad.

So I got a better idea. ACRYLIC PAINTS!!!

And here is the finished product! Everything is repainted and looks 10x better than before.

HELMET - SECURITY:
DSC01084.jpg

TORSO - HP/HALO:
front-
DSC01071.jpg

back-
DSC01072.jpg

SHOULDERS:
right - UA/Multi-Threat:
DSC01077.jpg

left - Commando:
DSC01080.jpg

Now time for me to work on the forearms & hand plates.

Wish me luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back