Matronoke's Halo Reach Armor/Security Build- [PIC HEAVY] - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks awesome so far, can't wait to see it when it's done. Also, that visor is gonna be difficult, or, it would be for me. Hehe.

haha my plans are to build my own vacuum former.... hopefully i wont blow myself up

lol I tried and failed making the visor just straight up without a vac once already, got a bubble visor coming in the mail, and if that fails I'm coming to mansfield and raiding your house for your vac former!!!! it's actually not that far lol

UPDATE

Ok I finally finished all of the freaking pep work. It took FOREVER but now on to more fun stuff :D

Here is a pic of the entire suit laid out.

IMG_2167.jpg

after I resin everything and rondo the chest so I am able to cut it and put it on, I will do my first test fit!

Wish me luck!

Dang thats lookin nice! Personally I am almost done pepping my helmet, and seeing your work is real inspiration. Can't wait to see more!

Well I resined every piece of the suit today. Can't really post a pic since everything is hardening in my backyard. But figured I'd give an update.

Tomorrow I plan to rondo the inside of the helmet and torso. Then cut my torso in 2 pieces so I can test fit. Lastly, I will do my first full test fit and see how the entire suit looks when its all together.

Update time!!!

I finished rondo on the inside of my helmet and torso. I haven't mastered the art of rondo yet but i know enough to get the job done.

Here are pics. Enjoy!

Helmet:
IMG_2170.jpg

IMG_2173.jpg

IMG_2169.jpg

Torso:
IMG_2182.jpg

Also, here is my current progress on one of the grenades for the belt. I will have more info on this once I see if it even turns out.

Grenade:
IMG_2176.jpg

More updates coming soon!!!

P.S.- If there are any tips that will help me with the rondo process, please help me out. Thanks!!!

Update!
I know srry for triple post but I'm soo psyched about my test fit.:D:D

The suit looks soo cool and I can't wait to get farther.

IMG_2194.jpg

IMG_2214.jpg

IMG_2188.jpg

IMG_2198.jpg

IMG_2204.jpg

IMG_2200.jpg

Looking great so far, I actually love the commando shoulder, so when mine gets posted on my MKV thread have a look at it for reference on the stripe that goes through it.

Looking wicked dude! you planning on going to any cons anywhere when you're done? we should have a security meet-up

haha we should. The thing is i have no idea where any cons are. The idea for this suit popped into my head only a month and a half ago.

damn thats so awesome man. cant wait to see it bondo'd and resined. i wish i knew people here in sacramento or northern california to go to some cons with.

I sanded down my helm a little bit last night. Was able to get all of those pesky rondo splatters off.

HelmetPrimerFront.jpg

HelmetSandedBack.jpg

I then added another coat of primer and am now ready for Bondo stage.

HelmetSandedFront.jpg

HelmetPrimerBack.jpg

Before bondo, my plan is to rondo everything first so that should be my next update.

Dang!
This is WAAAY better than my armor build, I think I should start working faster.
GREAT work, my friend. This is a major motivation for me.
Keep up the good work and keep inspiring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back