Matt H's Reach Carter Armor WIP (99% Complete!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole build looks awesome man. Whats wrong with the torso? It looked good to me. Anyways, keep up the good work. Also, You should be receiving something special in the mail soon. As soon as I can get to the post office. Most likely next week. lol. Be good brotha!

Thanks guys!
@SpartanRogue: Thanks dude, I HATE working with bondo, its just a pain in the butt to do the "rinse and repeat" method all the time lol!! but hope its worth it this time cause my first build I didnt use much bondo for my CE Mk V
@Narn & Nesbitt: Thanks for the encouragement guys! Hope you guys like the finished product hopefully soon :D
@CJ: Awesome dude!! Di you take pics??? post them up!! :D
@Shade: Thanks man, the OLD Mk V is still needing repairs lol!! But the second set im making now for my brother is still in the pep stage and need to do just the forearms, boots, and finish the helmet and they will be ready to be hardened!! :D
@Leacan: Yeah I've been practicing with my grinding wheel to try and get a nice smooth indent where the "blood wells" are :D
@Blackula: Thanks brotha man! Gonna rebuild the torso cause I didn't compensate for an undersuit when I built that one. Debating whether to just wait for L3X's pep release of V4 or just build his V3 chest and add some details :p Stoked for the package!!

Aaaaanyways, made a run to Harbor Freight and Michael's yesterday and today. Grabbed a pack of EVA foam for my soft parts, a heat gun, and some more 1/8" birch plywood to rebuild my knife, AND some cardboard for something a little farther down the road ;) weapon perhaps??? :D

did a little work today. i redid my knife blade with a single 1/4" sheet of birch plywood instead of sandwiching 1/8" pieces.
photo-1.jpg

Pretty happy with the paint job. Again, this is just a test fit so it's not all properly fitted. The white parts are actually chrome reflections. When i painted this thing, the sun was directly behind me and when i sprayed the first coat of paint on, the reflection from the sun blinded and stunned me . LOVE this paint!!! My girlfriend said it looked too real so I shouldn't pull it out of the sheath when it's done lOl!!
Also did some sanding and spot putty
photo-2.jpg

photo-3.jpg

Thighs should be ready to paint this weekend. More to come :D

dude this looks awesome!!

this is a double post but its on a different thread but do you have your fj/para knee pep still? and if so could you link it to me?

ok heres a little update. got back from chicago the other day and done a little work so far
New knife almost done
photo-4.jpg

Switched to cardboard for some of the details on forearms because the large heated and curved styrene turned in to an epic failure...
photo-5.jpg

First round of bondo and sanding
photo-6.jpg

Early start today, so hope to have some more progress pics today :D

*kneels* Thank you, oh mighty Blackula!!
Welp just a little update for the day, been doing some sanding on the shins cause they're the farthest in progress
Putty
photo-7.jpg

Prime to fix imperfections
photo-8.jpg

photo-10.jpg

First coat of paint. What do you think of the color?? :D
photo-9.jpg

Now im gonna go paint the other shin and start glazing my bicep pieces. Printed out a new cod and chest today too, so I can work on it when insomnia kicks in tonight :p

I think it looks real good. I think Carter's real blue is a lighter shade, but I fancy the darker metallic flake. Again, nice job!

Got some new paint this morning ;)
photo-11.jpg

Should be a good day :D I also repainted my shin because i stupidly painted them blue instead of gunmetal/steel. More to come! Off to the gym for an hour then back to work!!

Gray shins = better :p
photo-13.jpg

Glazed, ready to be sanded and primed
photo-14.jpg

And, the gray primer sure brings out the imperfections.... *sigh*
photo-15.jpg

Think that's all for today. It's hotter than hell here so im going to the lake :D More work this weekend!

TGIF 405th!!!

MH

Lol about the gray primer. I use it because of that. It helps Identify any issues. Anyways, I love how its coming together. Keep up the good work homie!

lol yeah, that's what i did it for too, i just wasn't expecting it to look as terrible as it did. The stuff I used to prime is great stuff!! The filler-primer from rust-olium. Sands like a dream!!! I put some putty in places that need to be leveled out on one of the forearms, probably gonna sand it out and do the same to the other one tomorrow. Feel like it was kind of productive today though. Need to make a run to wally world for some more blue. One can was enough for a bicep, shin, and a coat of another bicep. Too bad i wasted some on the shin, was just excited to paint a piece and didn't think it through :-\ oh well. Thanks for the comment brotha man! May have to spray a coat on that bucket you sent me this weekend....

this is looking fantastic... I glanced briefly but didn't see it, which Shin file is that? I want to trace those little rounded rectangle details into the front of the shin i've got built. Use it for a place to put some EL panels.

The shin file is by forgedreclaimer. It is the fj/para file. His thread is in the 3d modeling forum. Thanks for the comment dude!!! Good luck with your build!!

hhmm, not a good start for the day.....
photo-16.jpg

anyone have this happen to them when painting? I used the dupli-color car paint, and it bubbled and dried almost instantly like this. I had no problem when I painted my bicep piece with it yesterday.... Maybe it was too much moisture in the air. I primed and sanded before i applied the paint too. Oh well. Guess I'll just sand it off and try again :-\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back