Matt H's Reach Carter Armor WIP (99% Complete!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ LOLZ!!! That would have been a good idea haha!!! Im going for the Birth of a Spartan look though, but I can always just slice my finger again later down the road and smear it all over the suit :p

K not too much of an update today. Work is slow cause I sprained my wrist this weekend it i can barely move it, more less sand and other things, but here goes;

Put my foam inner thighs on one piece and sprayed the crap out of it with plasti-dip to give it the black rubber look. I also filled the light ports with hot glue like Zonbi did with her N6 build.
photo-25.jpg

Theres some smear marks on a few parts of the inner thigh, but hey i have never worked with foam before and i was using a huge high temp glue gun, and it burned the hell out of my fingers :p The piece is pretty snug and stays up in place when i put it on to test it out!

Glazed, sanded, added the vent detail and primed the left shoulder. Almost ready for paint but still thinking about making the cross in the middle fatter like in the Birth of a Spartan trailer
photo-24.jpg

Also started working on this hunk-o-junk that Blackula sent me :p
photo-26.jpg

May not be able to work tomorrow cause i have a trip at the end of the week and have to do a bunch of stuff to get ready for it, but we'll see.

Keep on building 405thers! XD

MH

LOl, everything looks good except for that raggedy helm you have there....lol. No, seriously great job. Keep building foolio!

Hey, I know it's a bit late since you've already put so much work into it, but I've got a new, much more accurate left shoulder for Carter if you'd be interested. The indents on the upper curved area are a bit wider apart, the curved portion is smoother, the vent detail is included, and the lower outer portions are a bit more accurate. Just let me know if you're interested and I'll give you the link.

Here's a pic of the pep file...

LeftShoulder.jpg

I also have not seen the gauntlet attachment in your thread. I've been working on a more accurate model for that as well (and it's designed around the gauntlets you're using)...

GAttach-1.jpg

...again, just let me know if you'd be interested and they're yours.

Hey, I know it's a bit late since you've already put so much work into it, but I've got a new, much more accurate left shoulder for Carter if you'd be interested. The indents on the upper curved area are a bit wider apart, the curved portion is smoother, the vent detail is included, and the lower outer portions are a bit more accurate. Just let me know if you're interested and I'll give you the link.

Here's a pic of the pep file...

LeftShoulder.jpg

I also have not seen the gauntlet attachment in your thread. I've been working on a more accurate model for that as well (and it's designed around the gauntlets you're using)...

GAttach-1.jpg

...again, just let me know if you'd be interested and they're yours.

It looks great, please give me the link, I will help unfolding it
goihmv12@gamil.com

You're build is just looking awesome. You have some really nice detailed work going on here.

@Blackula: yeah i was gonna just throw it in the garbage, but i think it can be salvaged... lol :p i shall do my best to finish it to be up to par!

@Carp: Thanks dude!! Gonna start on them tomorrow!! :D i needed to rebuild Ruze's attachment anyways so I'm stoked to build yours!

@Thorn: Thanks dude!! Glad you like it! I've been keeping an eye on your build too and it looks great too :D !!!

No updates today. On my way home some lady backed her car in to mine in the parking lot at the fitness club >=( totally bummed. Gonna cost some $$$$$ cause parking lot claims are a 50/50 split from both our insurers >=( uber lameness.... *sigh*

Small update. I redid the torso, cod, tac-pad, and the left shoulder with Carpathia's new files. The Torso was L3X's V3 file with some of the V4 details added in. I will get a pic if i make it out to my parents where i do my work at later today. BUT, i did snap a couple pics yesterday while the fiberglass was curing on those pieces;

Left forearm complete, just needs padding
photo-28.jpg

Helmet painted, just needs touch-up where the masking tape lifted while painting >=(
photo-27.jpg

Oh, and here's a pic for fun. Saw this in Vegas when i was there for work last week :p
photo-29.jpg

thanks black and thorn!! work has had me under the gun the last few days. got some stuff i have to do in the morning tomorrow but after that im going to put in a whole day at the work place in hopes to get my chest and cod completely hardened. i got a layer of glass on them enough to support the basic shape so i could take the support struts out and get more glass in the tight places so hopefully i will make some progress and have the whole suit hardened. Also need to start hardening my brothers pieces. his suit will be a complete mad scramble for deadline lol!!!

oh, and i'll take a lot more pics tomorrow! stay tuned!

Show off.... =p

Looks good so far Matth! I am actually just about to start my 2ed suit, it shall be foam!
I congratulate you on staying with the rondo method... i got scared that i would break all of my armor wearing it cuz it was so stiff xD

updayte tyme wif pickshures!!!! I shall start with a load-out pic....
Everything so far, minus a couple small things
photo-30.jpg

Boots are done, just need to attach the 2 pieces and put some padding in them so they dont tear my actual boots apart :p I'm not going to do the toe parts becasue i like how these tactical boots look. I'm going to make the parts that stick out from the toe out of foam instead. Update with that soon.
The shins are almost done, just need to pad them and mount them to my half-knee knee pads.
photo-38.jpg

QUESTION TO ANYONE DOING THE FJ/PARA Kees by Forged Reclaimer:: How are you attaching the knee parts to the shin? This is my method for securing the knee cap to the assembly. Was thinking i may just rebuild the other part and put some screws on the inside and screw them on to the shin piece?
photo-31.jpg

Thighs almost done, just need lights, padding, and strapping
photo-37.jpg

Newly hardened parts. COD by RoadWarrior, Chest by L3x, and hunk-o-junk helmet by Blackula ;). Chest is a hybrid of his v3 and v4 by just adding the v4 details to the v3 model. I just went all n00b and mud-glassed the chest and cod. a little extra weight but i can handle it :) Got the soft parts cut out today too
photo-36.jpg

Biceps need padding and strapping, probably gonna add the lights this week.
photo-35.jpg

Newly re-done shoulder by Carpathia. Thanks for the file dude :D Needs the detail striping then its ready to mount to the bicep
photo-34.jpg

Freshly pepped tac-pad, again by Carpathia! Stoked to get this thing done
photo-33.jpg

photo-32.jpg

That's all. feel like it was a decent day today.

wow, like wow.........just.............wow.............god it looks so amazing, I want the weathering, but then again, I really don't.......excellent my man

The new part came out looking awesome. As for the knee you're method looks great, I just used a long piece of foam that run's up the whole front of the shine into the knee. I can't wait to see how this all looks put together. Each piece looks so good solo, that I know this is going to be one killer suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back