Matt H's Reach Carter Armor WIP (99% Complete!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the issue on my MK.V, helmet, but i don't know what made it happen, but my dried instantly also. After i sanded it off, I repainted it, and it had no problems...

I had this problem also. It was on my forearms and slightly on my biceps too. I don't know what caused it but I did my best to fix it. I had to repaint in certain parts.

lol i just sanded most of it off. couldn't get all the goop off but I think im just gona give it like 5 coats of primer before putting the next attempt of silver on. CJ, did you ever finish your mk 5???

welp, not perfect but it will do for now.
photo-17.jpg

2 coats of primer, spot putty, more primer, and 2 coats of silver. Couple spots need some touch up cause the painters tape tore up some of the gray >=( Touching up the thigh pieces now and probably gonna run to wally world to get more blue paint.

Thanks jmw!! For the scaling, I just look at how the piece fits on tbhe character and then measure the length on me. For example with the shin, the piece fits about from the ball on the side of the ankle to the hinge point of the knee, so you measure those points and plug that number in for the height of the shin piece. Hope that helps/ makes sense :)

Whatever you sprayed on your knife to give it a metal finish is amazing. great work. i like the type of paint youre using.

looks good!
And yes i did finish my Mk. 5, wuite a while ago actually, but i have been to lazy to put it all on xD

^^ Hey!!! I'z gots things ta' do, peoplez ta' seez and shtuff!! :p lol im workin workin workin on it! Crappy day here today, lots of moisture in the air so i gotta wait a while before i paint my thighs. Probably a slow day for the project cause i got other things i have to take care of today too :\

EDIT: Oh, and Got Armor, this is the paint i used. http://krylon.com/products/premium_metallic/ Great stuff! I sanded with high grit and put a few coats of that on there and it looks awesome!!
CJ, suit up and post some pics!!!!!

Got a bit of a late start today, but here goes:
Put a test paint coat on one of the forearms and put some more raised parts on
photo-18.jpg

Painted the thighs
This one got blown off the table with a gust of wind and screwed up the paint job. Slowly getting it back to normal....
photo-19.jpg

Right thigh almost done
photo-20.jpg

Great paint job and I'm loving the detail you're adding in, like on the gauntlet. What kind of paint and what colors are you using (sorry if you mentioned it before now)?

@ ZP: I used meat skewer sticks. I wish I took pics before i hardened the pieces but i forgot :\ Just a few should do the trick to hold the pieces shape. Keep it in all the way through the fiberglass stage and just cut it out at the base. Thats what i did at least

@Carpathia: Thanks dude! Im stoked on how the gauntlet is turning out too! For the blue i used the RustOleum Metallic Cobalt Blue. The silver I used the Dupli-Color Perfect Match Ultra Silver Metallic. The grey is a Charcoal metallic grey from RustOlium too. I actually used your Carter build thread as reference for my build, but I couldn't find the exact colors you used so I used my best judgment to get as close to the ones you used. Thanks for the compliment dude!

Small update on the forearm
photo-21.jpg

photo-22.jpg

Just need to do touch up paint, add a couple more screw details and then padding!
Had a small mishap with a sanding disc so progress has been slow ever since (nothing pic worthy at least )
photo-23.jpg

Hope to have more pics up today. Have to leave town for the day tomorrow so I'll see what i can get done before today is over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back