Member Of The Month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'll nominate Keegan, then. Although I'm 100% positive this will be highly predictable and go to all of the already extremely well known people here. But it is the donators choice, so whatever.

Although, really, if the donator is choosing by themselves without discussion of choices with other members, a topic isn't really necessary, and it might be better off to just have nominations e-mailed/PMed.\

EDIT: Actually, I'll nominate Ral Partha, too. He's really helpful around the forums.

Glad we're getting some input on this. There are plenty of dedicated 405thers who don't necessarily have great prop right now. I'm sure I can think of a few.

Hmm, like my teacher said, "Extra credit is not given because it is needed, it is given because it is earned." Just because someone made alot of props/has their own, doesn't mean they don't deserve to receive the "extra credit". On the other hand, if the recipient is willing to donate the "extra credit" to the runner up if they already have enough props, they would be nice.

I nominate Ral Partha. He's just been a great help in the forums for a while now, especially with unfolding the models.

I nominate Kensai111

Seriously guys, he does so much for the forum, including the e-zine, and just generally helping out :D

And by the way, I don't think nominees need to be new members, lots of us that have been around for a long time don't have anything yet.. (don't worry, I'm not trying to get you guys to nominate me :p)

Well Adam squished one of my early concerns of this topic by it being "Member of the Month" since that's something I've been doing with the Member's Spotlight since my inclusion as a writer for the 405th Source. Especially since we (Adam and I) had a chat the other day saying we needed more member focus on the front page I'd hate to lose one of the two reoccurring topics we have on showcasing our forum members (I would feel bad for previous Member's Spotlight members who got nothing). I do however feel like I can offer something positive to help this topic, we have donators, we have amazingly talented people I feel like we can turn this into something to showcase that users talents.

Ithica, moderators & staff, donators, Adam and forum members I hope we at the Source could offer our services to put a shine on this situation and turn it into more than a "this guy did a good job, here's some freebies for your work" and explore the work of that user in an article therefor generating user content (as you requested Adam) while bringing to light that member's accomplishments, service, and other outstanding qualities outside the forum. (Voting and whatnot would still be in the hands of the donator, nominations, etc) I hope you'll take the idea into consideration so that the 405th and the member can benefit as a whole :)

As for nominations, thank you to everyone who put a kind word in for me. I'd like to nominate UNSC_Leatherneck for a number of lengthy reasons. To keep this already long post short Chris has invested an ungodly amount of hours into the 405th not only as a member, but as a Q&A Team member, then as a writer for the 405th. He stepped up, filled and conquered the roll as Writing Editor, invested even more free time as the Writing Editor and as a writer during our .PDF days. He excelled and was promoted to Editor in Chief. He then (almost) single handedly reproduced, reformatted and moved everything written and published during his career with the e-zine at the new 405th source. He beta tested the mobile version and helped with a successful and stable launch of the new 405th. More weeks of content generation, managing whole teams of writers and even making a trip across the country (Louisiana to TN) to cover AdventureCon the second largest 405th meetup in the states. He easily invests every extra breath into the 405th for $0 and with no time or space (one bedroom apartment complex) to build a single piece of armor. He doesn't even own an xbox or a copy of Halo, but based on his few experiences with it dedicates his waking moments to all the the Source making people around the world have an interesting read for the day.

Cheers,

Kensai

I'd say Ral Partha. He's been the main proponent of all the Pep stuff and a long time member and all around nice guy. He unfolds fast and clean and never shows a bad attitude.

Skullcandy Girl said:
I'd say Ral Partha. He's been the main proponent of all the Pep stuff and a long time member and all around nice guy. He unfolds fast and clean and never shows a bad attitude.

If we can nominate more than 1 person, I say +1 to that!

He's always on the spot with a simple, well-done unfold for a new model and as SKG said, always has a good word on subjects without any attitude.

Last edited by a moderator:
Omg, there are so many people I could nominate for these awards. All members I've met with have been increasingly supportive of everything that I've done, but the list is too long! It's just hard picking who would be best to nominate. Love this idea Ithica, great support for the members and forum. Good luck to you guys.

-SpartanSRS

Ok, I've seen his name many times in here, so I'll add my 2 cents.

Ral Partha

For: Pepakura files, great and helpful attitude.

I'd have to say Ral Partha for his great unfolds and just generally being a very helpful person all around.

I would like to nominate crackhead. Not only has he been constantly modeling and unfolding all the new ODST gear and posting them free of charge, but he also helped to create the first how to resin/fiberglass and how to bondo videos. These videos have helped countless people, (including me haha). Thats my vote.

i just got a chance to read thru all of the posts, and i had no idea that there was going to be this much negativity about this. if youre thinking that this is rigged, or that theres no use in posting who you think should get it then youre completely wrong. all of the nominees that have been posted are ALL being considered regardless of what theyve done, how much theyve done, etc. etc. some people are worried that the prizes will just go to a friend of the donator, but what you dont realize is that most of the people who have quality work are all already in business with each other. trading goods and services is something that happens every day on every prop and costuming board out there. which means the people that you think are going to win because of favoritism probably already have the piece thats being given away.

if you dont want to be a part of this, then theres a real simple course of action for you. dont be. dont post about it, dont nominate anyone, dont do anything. just leave this thread alone when you see it on the active content list. the only thing youre doing by posting that you think this is a bad idea or rigged is removing yourself from the running and becoming the topic of forum gossip. just because YOU think its a bad idea or a hoax doesnt mean that myself, adam, dave, or anyone else on the donator list are going to pull out. all of us are all on the same page and know what this contest is actually about. so thank you to all of you that have stayed on track with this and actually put in some positive input.

I like the idea. I think it really gives people something to shoot for, and im sure there are some of us who will go that extra bit to be nominated and get a shot at winning an awesome prop.

Great idea Ithica/every body else!

I am proud to announce that Moonwildflower was my choice for "Member of the Month". Leekegan will now start his run. I chose her because she has been the quiet one sitting inthe background working her butt off for 405th. I did not even know she was around until Savvytank pointed her out...lol. She worked hard and asked for nothing in return. She has completed her own suit as well and would like to upgrade a lil at a time. Everyone let April know job well done.

Ithica

Ithica said:
I am proud to announce that Moonwildflower was my choice for "Member of the Month". Leekegan will now start his run. I chose her because she has been the quiet one sitting inthe background working her butt off for 405th. I did not even know she was around until Savvytank pointed her out...lol. She worked hard and asked for nothing in return. She has completed her own suit as well and would like to upgrade a lil at a time. Everyone let April know job well done.

Ithica

Congrats, another mention is Moonwildflower is also my right hand woman as the newest artist on the 405th Source and has really been working hard to keep fresh art coming for you all. She's very deserving of this, congrats April :)

Cheers,

Kensai

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay, we have a winner! Congratulations Moonwildflower!
wink.gif

Congrats Moonflower! The first in hopefully a long line of deserving recognition.

I would like to nominate for the next selection JEDI THERON. While not extensively active with posts, his posts are supportive... his busy schedule (he's a police officer who until recently worked over nights, and a dedicated father) prohibits him from being highly visable here, but he has pepped many pieces to full or near completion. My nod goes for Jedi Theron on the next go around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back