MK VI Foam Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... Noted.
I have thought of trying out gold mirrored tint on the inside of the underlying visor. In theory it should apply just as well as if on a glass window, being that the inner shield will be smooth. I don't think that I have come across a post/thread here where I have seen someone use automotive tint in a visor before.

Almost finished! (excluding under suit)

So it seems my baby don't really wanna come out so the suit is still on :)
Managed to get the arms all finished while sitting waiting for things to happen. Just the boots to go then it's painting time. I am going to take a break from the suit though now as starting to get a little repetitive so I will be restarting my gun. I had started a foam build which was looking ok but came across a thread where some one used MDF and had a router attachment for their Dremel. I went straight out and bought one. No prize for guessing my real name :rolleyes

IMG_0654.jpg

Here are the new additions.

IMG_0678.jpg

All together now.....

IMG_0679.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great, I'm loving this build. Awesome foam work. As for the router attachment for there Dremel...I will have get one of those, so thanks for the info there.

I will suscribe to this thread, so that I can learn as much information as possible. I like your clean lines and symmetry, and the instant gratification one gets from seeing a foam build come together faster than pep. To me it seems that you can spend, say 12hrs on a pep piece and still not be finished or 12 hrs on a foam build and progress further. I wonder how many more people will convert to or atleast attempt a foam build, me being one of them.

9 month project complete

At 3:30am GMT yesterday my best project finally arrived. My little boy was 7lb 15oz and is as good as gold. Although its the best thing to ever happen to me all my builds are now on hold. I will of course still pop on every day to see how everyone's work is doing. I am assuming that not being able to pull myself away from him will mean that I get lots of reading done so my gun should have been well researched before I start on it. I will still be doing my video tutorials once my camera is fixed for you all so keep posted for that.

Thank you for all your information, support and kind words if it wasn't for you all I wouldn't have such a strong drive to achieve the work I have done.

congratulations. any name ideas yet, and do you care to share? i had a really hard time picking both of my daughters names.

Awesome drack! I'm so glad that everything is well with your new son. Best of luck to you and your family.:D

Thank you guys. I have already started scaling up an ODST suit for him :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back