MK VI Foam Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah i meant foam lol sorry i have pep on the brain with my armor still. I meant foam. im going to edit my post. sorry drack lol.

I am thinking that when he's about 4-5 years old I will be making a suit for him of either what I choose or the latest fad. I want to see the other parents faces drop when he turns up at party looking awesome and their kids are in a rented costume or an old cardboard box :p

Home made costumes are waaaaaaay more cool lol.

IMG_0757.jpg
Love the hair dude. :)

Yeah i meant foam lol sorry i have pep on the brain with my armor still. I meant foam. im going to edit my post. sorry drack lol. Love the hair dude. :)

No worries man I knew what you meant :). Sorta got bad news concerning my hair. I will be at some point shaving it all off but the up side is it'll be for charity for a local Kids hospital. Hopefully my newborn won't get to confused as to who I am afterwards :p

Donating your hair to charity is a good cause. If i have to cut off my hair i plan on doing the same thing :)
No way he wouldnt know who you are, your daddy :)
I know this is not really have to do with your project, but any chance we will get a picture of the little spartan?? :)

Wow Man!!! I haven't checked in awhile due to work and such, but you are A-mazing at foam. This suit looks fantastic. Great job all around.

Tony

Thank you blackula. Can't wait to get some pics of the SCAR I have started building up. I don't have a great amount of time to spend on it but it's easy fast work so far. Hopefully after the week end I will have something decent to post up for ya'll.

Managed to get some of the bits I made templates for cut and clamped. I thought I would start to post as much as I can about my gun build in case anyone following my thread with experience in this department might be able to give me pointers or links to how they did theirs. I am pretty sure I know what I will be doing but mostly making it up as I go. I hope to get all the main templates made up tonight and will see if the wife lets me get any of it cut and clamped over the week end. Here are my first pics.

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg

Been playing reach, I really want to make a noble 6 next! :p

Ok so managed to get into the work shop for 5 mins today here is what I have got done on the SCARs mid section. Once the textured rubber sheet I ordered turns up I will start carving out the grip recess.

IMG_0784.jpg

looking good!! oh and my gamertag is the same as my name on here, if you ever see me on hit me up lol

Another gun update.

IMG_0787.jpg

looking good!! oh and my gamertag is the same as my name on here, if you ever see me on hit me up lol

Yeah noticed that on your signature. Once I have time for online gaming will do that :)

Righteous.

Well so far i think your gun is coming along nicely :) Keep up the great work.

Hazards of the job!

I was trying on my helmet last night after giving it a new coat of paint when I was attacked by a grunt!

IMG_0861.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

Well back to painting. Hope you enjoy the updates as there should be a lot to come soon :)

Man that grunt sure did a number on the helmet! You fought a grunt and came out alive! good job spartan!

Lol looking really great drack, i am loving it! :) adds great character to it

Man that grunt sure did a number on the helmet! You fought a grunt and came out alive! good job spartan!

Lol looking really great drack, i am loving it! :) adds great character to it

Hehe thank you man.
I am loving the look now as that grey almost new out the armoury paint job didn't sit well with me. Only down side of this paint scheme is that I am having to hand painting the whole suit so got alot of work to do this week.

Wow! and battle damage seen in some helmets, but this my friend is very good!
Wow! e visto daños de batalla en algunos cascos, pero esto mi amigo esta muy bueno!

I couldn't agree with you more!
For some reason, the shiny new look has never looked right to me, has an unrealistic quality... if you would.
A few slashes and gouges here and there helps the universe make sense again.

Looks great!
Cheers,

@cereal killl3r. It was the little bits of battle damage on your build that kept niggling at me saying "you know he's right, scratch me, scratch me!" :p Can't wait to hack at the chest soon as torso nearly painted now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back