Moonwildflower's Mk Vi Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Syphon said:
i just walked in, we have a small mall, its only one story and 3 wings (more like long hallways) the only real problem i had was they wanted me to take my helmet off, and one of the guys who went with me told them he thought i had a gun (great friend huh?)

from what i can tell, thats all ya really have to do, most people are pretty cool about it, i know adam took his suit to walmart a while ago (liek a year-ish) and posted a vid on here somewhere, all he did was walk into walmart.

i would say go for it, the worst they could do is ask you to leave, and you still get kewl points for showing up

Thanks man. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get there in armor... Did you drive there wearing the armor, or change there? Not too sure I want to be sitting.

Last edited by a moderator:
i tried but couldnt fit in with the armor on, i had a friend drive me up there, i still had to take off a couple pieces, like my helmet, biceps, and for arms, along with half my space diaper ( i have it rigged to support and hold up my thigh pieces, other wise i woulda taking it all the way off)

i would suggest changing up there if ya can, dont know how long it takes ya to suit up, mine takes around 10 minutes i would guess (which is why i just wore it up there, changing in a parking lot doesnt sound very fun lol), im gonna work on that next time around

it also helps to have a buddy or two go with ya, in case ya have any armor malfunctions ( i had a couple pieces that didnt want to stay in place)

i have heard of a couple people driving with their armor on, but they said it was pretty uncomfortable, that and when your like me and around 6' 4" outa armor and around 6' 8" in armor it gets kinda hard to fit imto some cars

hope that helped, lemme kno if ya have any more Q's

Syphon said:
i tried but couldnt fit in with the armor on, i had a friend drive me up there, i still had to take off a couple pieces, like my helmet, biceps, and for arms, along with half my space diaper ( i have it rigged to support and hold up my thigh pieces, other wise i woulda taking it all the way off)

hope that helped, lemme kno if ya have any more Q's

That helps alot. Thanks so much. I've been going over this in my brain for a long time. My mom has a van and I was thinking of putting on my armor and just laying in the back with the seats removed. lol.

that sounds like a good idea, my biggest problem was fitting in the seats, they were too close together for me to fit in, considering how much bulk the armor adds, i think you would have plenty of room in the van tho

YuutaKenshi said:
Yah, thats a good idea and you wouldnt have to worry about seatbelts because youd be wearing armor. lol

better than my idea of riding in the trunk after i tried the first couple times to get into the car and couldnt fit lol

after i rethought the safety concerns i decided that just taking off a couple pieces would be better that trying to stop a car coming thru the back of the car if we got re-ended with me in the trunk ;)

Syphon said:
better than my idea of riding in the trunk after i tried the first couple times to get into the car and couldnt fit lol

after i rethought the safety concerns i decided that just taking off a couple pieces would be better that trying to stop a car coming thru the back of the car if we got re-ended with me in the trunk ;)

That would make for an intersting clean up. At least you buried in your armor, or vice versa.

Hi! Hey, Moonwildflower, that neckpiece looks perfect for what I was planning to do. I have some fake leather that's easy to work with and looks great once it's painted black, and also some black spandex-like fabric. Could you upload the patten for that piece? I've been thinking of a way to make that, but never had time until summer began. I'd really appreciate it if you posted the patten (If it's not too much touble). Did you use any foam in that piece?

BTW the vents on the bottom of your helmet look like they work great. I think I'll use that idea for my new HD FS Mark VI helm I'm planning to make this summer

Nightshade said:
Hi! Hey, Moonwildflower, that neckpiece looks perfect for what I was planning to do...

Sure! Here's some pics on how I put it all together as well.

So-you-wanna.jpg

Neck-peices-8copy.jpg

Triangle-examplecopy.jpg

sewing-width.jpg

Triangles.jpg

Triangle-front.jpg

Velcro-postions.jpg

Voila.jpg

Of course. You may need to adjust the actual size of the pattern to suit your own neck. That is the neck of a girl, but my brother can fit into as well. So maybe not... lol

And I would recommend the leathery material. It comes out looking better than spandex.

moonwildflower said:
That helps alot. Thanks so much. I've been going over this in my brain for a long time. My mom has a van and I was thinking of putting on my armor and just laying in the back with the seats removed. lol.

I've driven in my Jeep before without too much hassle. The seat belt went over the torso just fine but I should've taken my right boot off because the toe was so wide that it pushed both pedals at once; had to push with the side of my foot to hit the accelerator only.

BFDesigns said:
I've driven in my Jeep before without too much hassle. The seat belt went over the torso just fine but I should've taken my right boot off because the toe was so wide that it pushed both pedals at once; had to push with the side of my foot to hit the accelerator only.

Sounds exciting! Hope the toe didn't slip while you where on the highway...

moonwildflower said:
Sounds exciting! Hope the toe didn't slip while you where on the highway...

Nah, took Broad Street down through Philadelphia. Luckily I didn't have to use the highway. I was on my way to a Halloween party and didn't want to have to suit up when I got there.

Nightshade said:
Hey, moonwildflower, thanks a lot! That pattern looks great! Thanks, now I can start on my neckpiece. Very nice job!

You're welcome! I'm glad that I could help someone out. It's the only part of the undersuit that I actually got to work on anyway. I hope to have the entire thing done in the future.

iliketacos95 said:
I bet when on the stage as soon as you took of your helmet's everyone was like?!?! o_O they're GIRLS?! :lol:

It was an interesting reaction to say the least. It had actually been our main objective to get in the contest and pull of our helmets the entire time. When the helmets came off, it was just a bunch of flashing lights. Really crazy.
Before the actual contest, when the audience was coming in, we had to keep our helmets on because we didn't want to ruin the surprise. So they had a couple of spartans dancing in the corner. lol

Hey moonwildflower... I wanted to congrat you on winning the Video Game Cosplay contest... I know you wouldnt remember me but I was one of the judges in the contest, the guy in the TF2 Scout... Lol! You actually inspired me to create my own armor and I will be starting here pretty soon

I love the suit still!!!

I cannot believe I missed the topic that had two female spartans dancing around in it.

Very nice job, both of you. And that's a good neckpiece tut you have there, as well...
I need to start armor. lol.

Chris Gold said:
Hey moonwildflower... I wanted to congrat you on winning the Video Game Cosplay contest... I know you wouldnt remember me but I was one of the judges in the contest, the guy in the TF2 Scout... Lol! You actually inspired me to create my own armor and I will be starting here pretty soon

I love the suit still!!!

I think I do remember you... I was just so preoccupied thinking about my toe falling off. lol

Glad I inspired you to make some armor. If you get it done in time for next con in dallas, we can have more spartans walking around. Wooo!

Bloodl3tt3r said:
I cannot believe I missed the topic that had two female spartans dancing around in it.

Very nice job, both of you. And that's a good neckpiece tut you have there, as well...

I need to start armor. lol.

Heheheh.

There may be more dancing in the future...

Anyway. Yes. Yes you do need to make armor. Right now. lol

FWI, did some fixing on my helmet, re-hotglueing some of the foam that was trying to fall off, as well as the vents in the front.

I've decided that my next step in upgrading my armor will be to totally rework the calves. I want to try and model them in 3d with all of the detail that isn't available to the mid def pep files that I can find. Not going to try and mold them in clay because I have no paitence for the sustance. I'll try and put my progress and frustrations with the process here along with any other little work I do on the rest of my suit.

Anyone else love the smell of their armor after having been away for a while? I open my closet and go, 'ahhhhhhh'.

Lol, Sadly I havent been able to get to smell that yet, but I am sure that it will be a very interesting one!

Good Luck on reworking your stuff, Ill be watching!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back