My Carter build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished up the right forearm and a shoulder this weekend. Beginning to pep the helmet.
100_5798.jpg
any thoughts?

Very nice helmet! :)

Question, what technique did you use to get the UNSC emblem on there?

100_5798.jpg

Wow your armor is looking good keep up the good work. I don't know if you were trying to do this or not but your paint has a real "halo universe" feel I really like it good job.

I'm not sure what you mean about the real halo universe feel but I think it has something to do with the amount of weathering I do, but thank you :) when I was making the helmet I absolutely, undeniably, hated the thing. My friend reign was there when I was sanding it and I was mad and he told me to stop sanding it because it looked great and I like what I did with it. all of your support really helps :D About the eagle on my shoulder, I actually made my own stencil from a picture of that emblem I found, if you can't tell the eagle is actually painted on backwards if you cant tell by its head facing the wrong way. easiest way to make the stencil is to print the image you want off onto 65 or 110lb cardstock, cut out the image to your like with an xacto knife, cut it down to a square size and tape it to the object and spray lightly 1-2 times. I'll be making another stencil of that exact emblem for my torso and I'll show how I make it.

That is exactly the method I'm going to use on my combat knife scabbard. Turns out nice I would say, yours looks fantastic. :)

hey your suit is coming along nicely! i can't wait to see final pics of everything put together. Do you know how you're going to strap everything together to attach to your undersuit? I have yet to figure this out and it seems like you have a pretty good idea on where to start :p...any pointers?

I have been changing my ideas slowly but the picture I drew is close to what it should be like. The torso itself will be a main point of the suit. the biceps/ shoulders will clip into place with the undersuit of foamies and pleather covering up my exposed shoulder (because the actual shoulder that i made will be attached to the bicep along with the other one and my shoulders will be expose to the black underarmor clothing i will wear. The cod piece will clip into the torso with the stomach under armor clipping around my back with possible tighteners to loosen/tighten if needed. The inner thigh armor will be mounted to the thigh itself and insure mobility and the thighs themselves will have clips to the codpiece. The shins will be attached to some used shin pads from hockey/soccer that I will buy that will allow the free floating knee. I'll also make the spinal protection that carter has out of foamies to help with mobility.

update number 64,000

Half of my torso, the thing warped somehow even after the rondo was hardened.... Even ask Reign, he couldnt stop laughing as I tried to squeeze into it.
100_5839.jpg

ze boots bein resin'd
100_5837.jpg

100_5839.jpg

100_5837.jpg

nice job with the boots! you're flying through this project like nothing! too bad about your torso though...were you able to salvage it?

oh yeah, most definitely. I just needed to trim it down some and reshape it. trying to sand a whole torso would be nearly impossible so I cut it in half

Why the frack does everyone use this helmet file.There is a much better and acurate one!The guy who made it is called Ruze789.This one isnt even acurate.I mean look at it!The lower part is way to wide,and the visor should have and inward tilt,not the other way around.Just find the file,youll see what i mean.Great build so far tho.

Glad to see the guy above me is a Croatian like me, but hes a ranting one, bad boy :p

Looking good on the build, love the way the helmet turned out.

Why the frack does everyone use this helmet file.There is a much better and acurate one!The guy who made it is called Ruze789.This one isnt even acurate.I mean look at it!The lower part is way to wide,and the visor should have and inward tilt,not the other way around.Just find the file,youll see what i mean.Great build so far tho.

Ruze789 does have a good model but its much more complicated. I started on that and what took me a week to complete only took me 3 with the other. I dont like the chin piece on his model because it sticks out fairly more then this one does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back