My Carter build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that torso by Flying Squirrel. In fact I made 2 of them for my kids in their last halloween. They came out pretty good. See my thread.
Yeah, I looked all through it when I was making this torso, Great work on it. Im sure they went crazy haha.

Wow great build, I love that worn paintjob u did, drybrushing right?
Yes, I did the normal paintjob and then dry brushed it with aluminum spray paint.

all is looking great man keep it up :)

Finished up my hd Mark VI torso, came out ok. Going to start working on the knife and sheath and work on the new HD cqb helmet made by lex. Here are some pictures of my torso, I used rare earth magnets to hold it together.
IMAG0030.jpg

IMAG0029.jpg

IMAG0028.jpg

Some of the paint job I changed, I'll upload a newer picture soon.
Making this torso was more of a test of the magnets. Now I know how I am going to incorporate them into my Reach torso.

IMAG0030.jpg

IMAG0029.jpg

IMAG0028.jpg

Few build can make someone like a character, but yours has archived that, I don't like any of the 5 noble's armor configs, but your build and mainly your paint job has turned my opinion of Carter (My second least favorite) upside down, keep up the good work, as you thread will be the reason I log into the 405th for a while.

(Still hate the new config of the site and I'm still mad at it for losing all my info/threads/alot of other stuff.)

Few build can make someone like a character, but yours has archived that, I don't like any of the 5 noble's armor configs, but your build and mainly your paint job has turned my opinion of Carter (My second least favorite) upside down, keep up the good work, as you thread will be the reason I log into the 405th for a while.

(Still hate the new config of the site and I'm still mad at it for losing all my info/threads/alot of other stuff.)

Thanks, that means a lot being able to change your opinion so significantly.
No update as I have been lazy pepping haha. Work on the torso will happen soon. I am planning on filling in parts of the torso with foam. Then I will cut out the straps and possibly make them out of foam to help with maneuverability and be closer the my ribs. If I cant do that I will cut out the straps to keep the main piece in tact and use magnets to hold it together. Will have the other thigh pepped tomorrow and on to the codpiece which I plan on making out of foam.

LOOKING AWESOME DOOD!!! I JUST LOVE THE COLOR SCHEME AND THE FINAL OUTLOOK!!!
ill post more pics when i have more pieces done

Awesome build man. The Carter suit is coming along nicely. I like the paint alot.

Big update

This is what I completed today with some new toys I picked up from Harbor Freight. I picked up a hot knife and a heat gun and decided to go along with my cutting out the straps idea and I think it came out great, so great in fact my dad couldn'ts tell it was foam :D
Here are the pictures of the process I used to cut out the foam:
P1000252.jpg

my new hot knife, worked quite well.
P1000255.jpg

cut out the paper pep piece and use a sharpy to draw the outline on the foam mat.
P1000256.jpg

after going over the lines 1-3 times with the hot knife and getting a good rounded edge I finished off the cut with my xacto knife. I learned that cutting completely through with the hotknife produced melted jagged edges and then I went of the edges with my dremel sander.
P1000253.jpg

padding
P1000254.jpg

hidden led's
P1000257.jpg

P1000263.jpg

P1000260.jpg

P1000262.jpg

P1000263.jpg

P1000265.jpg

so, there is my update for today. I used plastidip spray to help with the spray painting which came out great. The plastidip spray comes in an aerosol and a brush on and can be found at lowes and home depot and other places I am assuming. Any thoughts?

P1000252.jpg

P1000255.jpg

P1000256.jpg

P1000253.jpg

P1000254.jpg

P1000257.jpg

P1000263.jpg

P1000260.jpg

P1000262.jpg

P1000263.jpg

P1000265.jpg

P1000263.jpg

I think it looks great! Very good way to fill in those gaps. Keep it up "Carter".

so, finished up the foam codpiece a couple days ago. Here are some pictures:
IMAG0067.jpg

IMAG0068.jpg

Oh, and if someone could buy me this for my Birthday that'd be great :D
IMAG0062.jpg

going to begin work on the foam/rubber undersuit as soon as I get reference files to how it looks.

IMAG0067.jpg

IMAG0068.jpg

IMAG0062.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back