My Carter build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found this thread, I like the idea of the hot knife 1 to 3 time then finish up the cut with the xacto knife. Mit have to give that a try next time i'm working on the foam. TKS.

Just found this thread, I like the idea of the hot knife 1 to 3 time then finish up the cut with the xacto knife. Mit have to give that a try next time i'm working on the foam. TKS.

I learned three very good ways to cut the foam now. One I already described, # 2 is using a dremel blade to cut which makes very smooth cuts, #3 a new blade like a box cutter I got that cuts through this foam matting like butter. It looks almost like a box cutter.

Small update, I finished these up a couple minutes ago. Enjoy
IMAG0079.jpg

IMAG0080.jpg

IMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0081.jpg

the boots came out pretty good in my opinion, they look pretty funny without the shins though. Any thoughts?

IMAG0079.jpg

IMAG0080.jpg

IMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0081.jpg

Your foam skills are really good, as are your painting techniques,IMO. Keep it coming man!

Your foam skills are really good, as are your painting techniques,IMO. Keep it coming man!

Wow very good job man Oo!
The paint work is excellent :)

Thank you both :D some of the cuts of foam came out rather jagged as you can see in the third picture. Overall it came out pretty good for a scratchbuild with no reference pictures.
A teaser. I added onto the torso since this photo was taken.
IMAG0059-1.jpg

IMAG0059-1.jpg

awesome work. love the attention to detail. only thing I don't like is the helmet. no offense to the maker but it's just not that accurate of a model. it is a good helmet it's just not accurate

Legs are looking great, so is the torso, I agree with Bubben about the accuracy of the helmet, it's a great helmet, but it's not as accurate as it could be, I would suggest taking a look into adding on to the current helmet if at all possible when you finish up some more of the armor.

Legs are looking great, so is the torso, I agree with Bubben about the accuracy of the helmet, it's a great helmet, but it's not as accurate as it could be, I would suggest taking a look into adding on to the current helmet if at all possible when you finish up some more of the armor.

I'm not entirely sure about what you mean by adding onto the helmet I currently have. What do you mean? i understnad it has flaws as all models do, I'm just not entirely sure what to change.

very nice once again man, all is looking great :D keep it up

Finished up the thighs with led's and will begin strapping for almost the whole suit

brilliant idea on the knee.. i was pondering how i was going to do that and you know what.... problem solved. lookin good by the way!

There is a chunk that is supposed to go on your boot to give it a bit more bulk, although you might have omitted it just by personal preference.

brilliant idea on the knee.. i was pondering how i was going to do that and you know what.... problem solved. lookin good by the way!

Agreed, the knee idea is very clever, I haven't seen any one use that method, (could be wrong) great work none the less.

Thanks :D great work on your suits by the way, great work and glad I could help.
This is just breathtaking. Applesauce to you, man! Keep up the epic work!
Thanks Abby :D

There is a chunk that is supposed to go on your boot to give it a bit more bulk, although you might have omitted it just by personal preference.
Chunk? Could you send me a picture? May help with making them look more accurate.
Agreed, the knee idea is very clever, I haven't seen any one use that method, (could be wrong) great work none the less.
pioneering a new idea? sweet

Sooo..... nothing really big for updates... just finished the thighs... oh and I'm going to describe how I made my shins+ the incredible floating knee.
First I started off with a pair of normal soccer shin pads. Then I cut off the plastic pieces which came off as the knee and shin piece. Here is the picture:
IMAG0092.jpg

Then I took a thin strip of my 1/2" foam matting and glued it in the front of my shin along with the left over padding from the shin. Before all of this I covers the exposed portion of the left over padding with thin foam (foamie things??) so it would have a more undersuitish feel. Then I glued the knees on and put a nylon strap behind the knee so it would bend with my leg as I bend over and give the appearance of the floating knee found in Reach. Picture:
IMAG0093.jpg

and that Ladies and Gentlemen is how I made my floating knee.
Note: I will be running another strap that goes under this current strap vertically up the thigh and a strap from the thigh to the codpiece.
Here are some updates on my reach thighs. Note: these are foam and I used one led per thigh.
IMAG0095.jpg

Also, here is my crappy tactpad that will hold my ipod.
IMAG0094.jpg

And more thigh pictures:
IMAG0097.jpg

IMAG0096.jpg

Oh, and the led's :D
IMAG0098.jpg

IMAG0099.jpg

So, any thoughts or pointers for my suit? may need some ideas about strapping from the codpiece to the torso and codpiece to the thighs.

IMAG0092.jpg

IMAG0093.jpg

IMAG0095.jpg

IMAG0094.jpg

IMAG0097.jpg

IMAG0096.jpg

IMAG0098.jpg

IMAG0099.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back