My Cortana- FINISHED PICTURES PAGE 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading this when the zipper messed up and I'm glad you were able to replace it successfully! Would have been a shame to throw in the towel over a fix like that. I like the contacts, Where did you end up getting them at? I'm needing to get some for my projects.

Great work :)

I was reading this when the zipper messed up and I'm glad you were able to replace it successfully! Would have been a shame to throw in the towel over a fix like that. I like the contacts, Where did you end up getting them at? I'm needing to get some for my projects.

Great work :)

Thanks! And I ended up getting them from pinkyparadise.com. I know, super girly website, but I wasn't able to find a better price anywhere else, and they work well even for my super dark eyes. Most of them you are able to put a prescription into the lenses too. I had to buy two pairs because I have two different strengths in my eyes, but it means I have a spare pair now!

Thanks! And I ended up getting them from pinkyparadise.com. I know, super girly website, but I wasn't able to find a better price anywhere else, and they work well even for my super dark eyes. Most of them you are able to put a prescription into the lenses too. I had to buy two pairs because I have two different strengths in my eyes, but it means I have a spare pair now!

Nice, Thank you for sharing! :)

The paint looks way better now, good job fixing it up! Which hairstyle are you going to do for your Cortana?

I posted this on the last page too but I'll post it again.
Reachpattern.jpg

I found it in the journal that came from the Halo Reach LE, and that's what I've been basing my designs off of and so I'm going to try to get it to look like this, or at least close as I can with a wig.

Yay for UPDATES!

I know it's been a while, but thank you still for all the support! I had a paint emergency and couldn't find any where I live. I finally sent my mother out to find some and she had success. I was also slowed up by deciding that the legs needed to be shortened, so I took the seems in by hand. >< It was worth it though because the whole thing fits so much better. So here are the pictures of what is done.

Update1.jpg

Update2.jpg

Update3.jpg

And I need opinions, now that it's all untaped, I almost feel like the back of the legs just doesn't have enough detail. It's not bad, just not as detailed as the rest of it. Does it need more detail or will it be ok how it is? I would really appreciate some community input on this.

I've also decided to take in the seems at the wrists where they are too big, so hopefully that will get done today and I can get the arms painted later today. And then from there, just detailing and of course more glitter. Should have the suit completely together by next Monday for my photography inclined friend to take pictures of the whole ensemble. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there supposed to be detail on the arms? The arms look kind of naked with all that awesome detail around them. Are you going to do a wig?

I love this thread, you've really showed some perserverance in sticking with it even when things go bad. too many people just give up. Those contacts look amazing! I wouldn't overdo it on the detail remember sometimes less is more ;) Can't wait to see the finished product, you have to post pics from the con.

On the zipper issue, I'm glad you got it fixed but for anyone who has or will have this problem I found a product a while back, check out fixandzip.com they make a clip on replacement zipper foot so you don't have to replace the whole thing. I got one for my jeep top and it worked amazingly, they have several different sizes. I hope that dosn't sound too much like a plug :)

You did a pretty awesome job keep it up!!!

Thank you! :)

Is there supposed to be detail on the arms? The arms look kind of naked with all that awesome detail around them. Are you going to do a wig?
Actually, I even said in my update post that I just had the arms left. Still working on taking in the seams at the wrists. Also, I do have a wig, and it has been cut, but I don't have pictures of the cut wig yet, I wanted to leave that til the whole thing was finished.

I love this thread, you've really showed some perserverance in sticking with it even when things go bad. too many people just give up. Those contacts look amazing! I wouldn't overdo it on the detail remember sometimes less is more ;) Can't wait to see the finished product, you have to post pics from the con.

On the zipper issue, I'm glad you got it fixed but for anyone who has or will have this problem I found a product a while back, check out fixandzip.com they make a clip on replacement zipper foot so you don't have to replace the whole thing. I got one for my jeep top and it worked amazingly, they have several different sizes. I hope that dosn't sound too much like a plug :)

Thank you, that actually means a lot. I got so frustrated with it that it drove me crazy, and the zipper issue nearly killed the whole thing for me. But I'm really glad that I stuck with it and am getting it finished. I think I've decided to add two small details to fill in the gaps, but I definitely agree that less is more sometimes. Thanks for the input!
And that's awesome, I'll definitely have to remember that website if I ever go through this again. Because while replacing the zipper wasn't difficult, I definitely couldn't do it without a sewing machine, which I don't personally own. So thank you, again, for the advice. :)

There is NO way I could ever try and do what you're doing. If I can't cut, melt, sand, polish or burn my materials....I'd be lost. Very nicely done so far. Can't wait to see the wig though.... :)

There is NO way I could ever try and do what you're doing. If I can't cut, melt, sand, polish or burn my materials....I'd be lost. Very nicely done so far. Can't wait to see the wig though.... :)
Thank you! Now take what you just said, and reverse it. I know just about nothing when it comes to cutting, sanding, melting and polishing and such. We'll have to see how my armor build goes when I start it up after d*con. But, I really think if you can do all that stuff then you could do this too :)

I think it is coming along very nicely :)
The back of the legs look fine to me too
Thanks! And due to time constraints, I think I've decided to leave the back alone, but it's good to know that other people think it looks fine how it is ^^

Wow it looks awesome! :)
Thanks a lot chicka! :)

So I meant to finish the painting of my costume today.. But I accidentally ended up working a double at work so, no progress was made :( Which means I just have tomorrow afternoon to get it all finished. Might be a long night tomorrow night...

Finally Finished!

Double Post, I know, but IT'S FINISHED! :D And I'm so excited.
And I got some awesome pictures taken today, and my friend did an awesome job editing them and making them look awesome. :D
I had a lot of issues with the face paint(it was too dark and mixing it just didn't work at all), but I think it worked ok for taking pictures today, and I ordered a different kind that I know will work and be the right color, just hoping it gets here before d*con. *fingers crossed*

Anyways, pictures! That's what y'all are here for anyways :p

cortana1-Upload.jpg

cortana3-Upload.jpg

Just ignore the ribbon I forgot to take off before we took the pictures, my friend didn't think about taking it off either, oh well. ><
cortana13-upload.jpg

cortana23-upload.jpg

cortana30-upload.jpg

cortana39-upload.jpg

cortana32-upload.jpg

I will also definitely be posting pictures from the con! I have so many awesome pictures I really don't know which ones to share ><

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back