my emile foam thread (really pic heavy!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree about the chest being to small. right now the suit is going to be in an art show but after that i think im going to make another
thanks for all the comments :)

Man... my friend just showed me your suit and its coming along so awesome man... its huge inspiration for me to keep pushing on mine!!! ahhh! so awesome!

This is really quite impressive. Thanks you for the detailed pics, I'm gonna need them for my Emile build... Of paper mache.

Very nice. Would you say that foam is easier or harder than pepakura? I'm currently working on an Emile suit, and I found the peping exhausting!

Deadpool, I personally think foam is a bit easier...at least you don't have all of the folds and whatnot.
Also great build!

so i finally decided to make a new chest piece. here is the old one:

old an broke
IMG_1260.jpg

IMG_1261.jpg

new hottness!!
IMG_1258.jpg

IMG_1259.jpg

IMG_1256.jpg

IMG_1257.jpg

the holes are going to have leds so im not completly done. hope you guys enjoy.

oh and ive decided to change this from an emile build to a regular mark V build BUT it will have changable parts and such so that might set it apart

so where would one get the foam?

You can find the foam at many big box stores, like Walmart and also at the larger hardware stores, shop around your area. Many of the big stores also have websites so you can check stock and store locations. Lastly, if you can 't find it local you can order the stuff online via amazon or ebay, I have links on my squidoo pages in my sig below :)

@Soul Products: I like your new torso, better fit and your foam skills are looking sharp. The only thing I would do slightly different is join a few more of the seams together prior to cutting out the foam, then I would carve out the back of the foam along those seams in order to get the correct shape. Good luck with the LED's, they will really add to the overall "epicness"

ok got some cool stuff for you guys tonight. first off, the entire suit has been repainted. im almost done with that, bout 95%. second ive rigged up all the strapping and such.

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

IMG_1266.jpg

IMG_1268.jpg

IMG_1269.jpg

IMG_1270.jpg

now heres a video of me testing the manuverability and such (walking jumping and of course tea-bagging lol). also you may have noticed that i had the shotgun with me.....well ive improved it a little bit, thats at the end of the video.

http://youtu.be/4LA2L4LfquA

This is the shittt and it was all foam?! Dude I'm making some out of paper mache completely, how long did this take man?

the initial construction took about 6 months but its been sitting around for the better part of a year lol, gonna finish it today!!!! and then its on to the undersuit

This is the shittt and it was all foam?! Dude I'm making some out of paper mache completely, how long did this take man?

I'm glad you like SP's work, it's really impressive, but next time what your language please. SP, get to that undersuit man, that purple T just isn't cutting it. Great job man!:)

All I have to say is Wow, absolutely amazing job on the suit. By far one of the best Emile Suits I've seen to date, the piece de resistance of the helmet really tops it all off, and I'm really diggin the version 2 paintjob.

Looks really good man. The only thing I could suggest is maybe give the skull on the helm a wash so it makes the ridges pop and gives the carved in the visor effect even more of an impact. Other than that it looks really good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back