My first ever build: MK VI (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sweet pep .. i wish i can pep like that XD ..

P/S: i used UHU glue and never had any problem. it sticks strong even after resin it.

20150805_193147_zpsrwgiokns.jpg

Helmet is curing, but if it doesn't get harder soon, i might have to dust it in corn starch. I'm ordering my new resin when i get paid. It has a 6-8 hour cure time.

20150805_193127_zps2bzvjdm5.jpg

I also got started on the chest. However, lightning struck my AC unit and now i have to stay at my parents house until it gets fixed. It's supposed to be 85-90 degrees here. Progress will be non existent till I'm back.

Thanks for stopping by everyone :)

Attachments

• 20150805_193147_zpsrwgiokns.jpg
    20150805_193147_zpsrwgiokns.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 20150805_193127_zps2bzvjdm5.jpg
    20150805_193127_zps2bzvjdm5.jpg
    476.3 KB · Views: 112
http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss108/jbishop1989/Mobile Uploads/20150805_193147_zpsrwgiokns.jpg

Helmet is curing, but if it doesn't get harder soon, i might have to dust it in corn starch. I'm ordering my new resin when i get paid. It has a 6-8 hour cure time.

http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss108/jbishop1989/Mobile Uploads/20150805_193127_zps2bzvjdm5.jpg

I also got started on the chest. However, lightning struck my AC unit and now i have to stay at my parents house until it gets fixed. It's supposed to be 85-90 degrees here. Progress will be non existent till I'm back.

Thanks for stopping by everyone :)

Wow, that looks really impressive. What's the next resin you're going to try?

Hi!

That looks very good. My mother bought me aqua-resin to coat the helmet. Is that good enough? A lot of people seem to stay away from it because it makes the card stock collapse.

Any advise?

Thanks!

-Farell

Hi!

That looks very good. My mother bought me aqua-resin to coat the helmet. Is that good enough? A lot of people seem to stay away from it because it makes the card stock collapse.

Any advise?

Thanks!

-Farell

Start off using a very, very, very thin layer. Make sure you have plenty of supports. Glue popsicle sticks to the inside of your piece for reinforcement. All of these things will help your piece stay in shape correctly. Just don't saturate the paper.

20150806_222954_zpsnnordbxb.jpg

Well, my landlord put in a tiny window unit to cool the house a little... it's still hot as balls lol. I managed to get a little on the chest done. I'll be able to get a lot more done tomorrow. Let me know what you think guys. Your comments and critiques are awesome!

Attachments

• 20150806_222954_zpsnnordbxb.jpg
    20150806_222954_zpsnnordbxb.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 111
The chest was my least favorite piece to do of all the pieces. I guess because once you start getting all the pieces put together... its just annoying to manage on your desk. It also takes the longest!

Your pep looks great!

Looks great, can't wait to start my first complete build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you waiting for? Halloween is less than 2 months away man! You can get your helmet done in that much time. That's what I'm aiming from.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438971409.286358.jpg

I'm doing a motorcycle helmet now. Next will be a complete suite.

You're doing good though.

I'm doing a motorcycle helmet now. Next will be a complete suite.

You're doing good though.

Thanks man. I can't wait to make some real progress tonight. Things have been too crazy to get a lot done in one sitting, but tonight will be a very late night of pepping lol.

What method did you use for sizing the chest and stuff

I used HaloGodesses guide and a ton of other resources. I just read a bunch of posts on the topic. It's more or less a trial and error. It can definitely be one of the most annoying parts of this whole process.

Did you ever think of just taking your measurements and doing point to point on pep?

Did you ever think of just taking your measurements and doing point to point on pep?

There are a number of ways to measure up your parts; point-to-point is only one, and even then, it's not a sure-fire way to get things sized perfectly. Often I'd find it better to get a rough measurement first, and then try to narrow it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back