MY FULL JORGE SUIT!!! WIP (will be pic heavy)

Battle damaged or pristine?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
looking good!
I was going to build jorge until I discovered that the pep files are not being distributed.
I guess I have to look at something else to build.

Correction, they are not being distributed by Acehigh anymore, which we all know is the king of Jorge's armor and all we want is his files (no offense to the other modelers), but there are a few other modelers who have made parts of his suit, such as Spartan-029 and Rhinoc for example... You just need to look a bit more thoroughly through the files that we already have in our Halo Reach pep files thread.

i think it is great you kept to your word it is pic heavy

oh and what did you use to strengthen the inside

Lots of pics! I used fiberglass and resin.

Speaking of pics, here are some more of the left shoulder. I might redo the outside part. Make the cylynders a bit smaller, the whole thing a bit more narrow, and a tiny bit shorter. Not sure yet though, what do you guys think?
LShoulder6.jpg

LShoulder7.jpg

LShoulder8.jpg

LShoulder6.jpg

LShoulder7.jpg

LShoulder8.jpg

Your work is freakin' sweet, and no doubt. I do have a single question, though...

Is the left shoulder actually tall enough? I only have the McFarlane figure to go by, but it looks like the shoulder pad is supposed to be a major part of the suit's protection. When the arm is relaxed, the top edge of the pad looks like it's supposed to rise to the bottom point of the collar, and the bottom is supposed to extend to just a few inches above the elbow. As far as length goes, it looks like it is supposed to cover the entire side/arm hole in the torso armor, excepting a small slice toward the top/rear of the shoulder.

Like I said, I only have the toy to go by, and have only seen a few pics and one or two cut-scenes from the game. I just thought I'd point a possible issue out before you got any farther along.

Again, kudos on your pepping and bondoing skills. I have much to learn in both of those departments.

Your work is freakin' sweet, and no doubt. I do have a single question, though...

Is the left shoulder actually tall enough? I only have the McFarlane figure to go by, but it looks like the shoulder pad is supposed to be a major part of the suit's protection. When the arm is relaxed, the top edge of the pad looks like it's supposed to rise to the bottom point of the collar, and the bottom is supposed to extend to just a few inches above the elbow. As far as length goes, it looks like it is supposed to cover the entire side/arm hole in the torso armor, excepting a small slice toward the top/rear of the shoulder.

Like I said, I only have the toy to go by, and have only seen a few pics and one or two cut-scenes from the game. I just thought I'd point a possible issue out before you got any farther along.

Again, kudos on your pepping and bondoing skills. I have much to learn in both of those departments.

Actually when I got the back piece pepped I was wondering if it might be a bit to big. But eventually decided that it wasn't. It is just the right size and I am happy with it. It is fairly big, just like the real deal. Check out page 3 for some size pics of it.

I know, I know. It has been forever since an update. But I have had to get a few other masks out before xmas. But after xmas I will be working on it again.

In your question about the cylinders, it looks as if they're just right, length wise. If you're going to change anything, I'd say maybe make the diameter just a bit smaller. I think that even 10% would be pushing it, though. In all honesty, it looks like it'll work just fine the way it is.

Ok, here we go. An update for you guys and it has been a while. Luckily yesterday was above freezing so I put a couple hours in. Here is a pic of what I wanted to modify, I got most of it done. The whole thing looks way different and more accurate. I did some major referencing on the game the other day(gotta love theater mode).

First off I didn't like the color, it was to far off. So I actually cut the whole inside off in strips and re angled them inward. I have re-fiberglassed them back in and bondo-ed it a bit. I decreased the angle of the top of the armor(the flat part all around your head/neck). Before it sloped downward on the outside, but not anymore(maybe ever so slightly, but the in game one does just a bit). I made that same part flatter from front to back. Softened the angle between the previously talked about part and the front. I will extend the small tier ends of the big cylinder. I also trimmed the side ribs to the proper angle in the front(not in pic)

Not sure if that makes any sense but that's what I got done. Anyways here is a pic, I haven't taken on of the progress yet, but I will today.
Chest12.jpg

Chest12.jpg

Here is the newly pepped thigh. I will need to make it have a bigger diameter at the bottom though. But that will be super easy. I forgot who pep it is, but I will look it up after work.
IMG00095-20110102-1928.jpg

IMG00096-20110102-1929.jpg

IMG00097-20110102-1930.jpg

IMG00095-20110102-1928.jpg

IMG00096-20110102-1929.jpg

IMG00097-20110102-1930.jpg

You might wanna try sizing the thighs up to proportion with the rest of the suit.. Ad then fill with padding or sometthing. It looks like you could increase it's size a little.

You might wanna try sizing the thighs up to proportion with the rest of the suit.. Ad then fill with padding or sometthing. It looks like you could increase it's size a little.

Very nice observation sir. Actually I have already done that :D This pic was taken before I had done so. I was in a rush to work this morning and I forgot to mention it. But it has been done, the thighs look beefy as well(that's also why the pics are sideways, dang work).

dude very nice work man, looking very awesome, can't wait to see it finished :) and good luck
btw very nice security helmet man :)

very very nice. If i cant get my reach default armor to fit ima do Jorges set. I just bought a silhouette SD so maybe that will help me out.
Your pep work looks fantastic. very very nice work.
how did you attacked the knee piece to the shin?

Although with an increase in size, there will be a bigger hole for the leg to slip through, so how do you plan on making his whole "appearance" with thick legs?

Would you fill the gap between the shin and thigh with the under armour and add foam around it to create a sort of a pant-like thing you just slip on?

Man you are gonna look like such a beast when you put the whole thing on? For padding on the inside of the chest pieces and for mounting the shoulder you could even look into buying some football or hockey shoulder pads to make you look LIKE ARRRRNOLD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back