MY FULL JORGE SUIT!!! WIP (will be pic heavy)

Battle damaged or pristine?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
very very nice. If i cant get my reach default armor to fit ima do Jorges set. I just bought a silhouette SD so maybe that will help me out.
Your pep work looks fantastic. very very nice work.
how did you attacked the knee piece to the shin?

It is just attached to the shin itself. When it is glassed I will cut it off and they will be hinged to the shin for maximun mobility.

Although with an increase in size, there will be a bigger hole for the leg to slip through, so how do you plan on making his whole "appearance" with thick legs?

Would you fill the gap between the shin and thigh with the under armour and add foam around it to create a sort of a pant-like thing you just slip on?

Well I noticed that a lot of suits just look like big armor worn by smaller people. I'm in between muscular and lean, at 6', 170Lbs. But I think I will be able to make me look like a bigger person wearing big armor. As apposed to a normal person wearing big armor. I will fill the gaps between me and my armor with foam and undersuit. My armor will be well padded for maximum comfort as well. If I'm correct in my brainstorming and what not, I should be relatively maneuverable in the armor as well.

Man you are gonna look like such a beast when you put the whole thing on? For padding on the inside of the chest pieces and for mounting the shoulder you could even look into buying some football or hockey shoulder pads to make you look LIKE ARRRRNOLD!

HAHA!! That is a good idea. If you look closely at the suits in the game, you will notice that it looks like there is a "shoulder pad" looking thing. I was originally going to do that in foam, but I actually might use football pads :) Thanks for the suggestion.

Ok here is an update. I have been working the heck out of the chest. It is looking very close to the actual one. I will take detail photos of the chest later when I get home. Just so you don't think "why on earth does this guy keep putting up the SAME picture of the chest". It has changed a TON since the base pep. pretty much isn't even the same piece at all. I will put up the old one so maybe you can tell, but the changes are there. It just might be a bit hard to see with my camera(my phone).

In the meanwhile here are some full suit progress pics. Now before you start freaking out and saying "hey man, that helmet looks HUGE, and the thigh TINY". It is just the angles and the super crappy lighting here. The thigh is just the right size, and will be just a bit bigger when it is bondo-ed. That being said, the helmet may be just a tiny tiny bit to big. I haven't decided yet. In some pics of Jorge his helmet looks this big, but in others a bit smaller. Let me know what you Guys think about the helmet scale.

Also keep in mind that this is a mannequin(not me naked), so it has no give, flex, or anything like that. I did try the get the piece positioning the best I could with wire and masking tape. You can only go so far with it though. The cod is a lot more "narrow" from front to back then it will be on me. I had to tape it to the mannequin. None the less, let me know what you guys think and any ideas/suggestions you might have.

Progress5.jpg

Progress6.jpg

Progress7.jpg

Progress8.jpg

Progress9.jpg

I know that the top of the back in uneven :) I will fix it.

Progress5.jpg

Progress6.jpg

Progress7.jpg

Progress8.jpg

Progress9.jpg

This is looking really good! My only question is... are you big enough to fill Jorge's shoes? (Haha)
Jorge is a big guy and his armor is large and bulky...so sometimes it can look a little strange on a smaller dude.

This is looking really good! My only question is... are you big enough to fill Jorge's shoes? (Haha)
Jorge is a big guy and his armor is large and bulky...so sometimes it can look a little strange on a smaller dude.

I'm not small or anything(but I'm also not 7'3", 320Lbs) But I will make it look right(as stated in the top post on this page:) Unfortunately I didn't get to take pics today, as I was busy. But I will for sure tomorrow.

Wow this is looking better and better each time I check it out. Can't wait to see it finished. Have you ever considered doing Fan-Films? The level of detail and accuracy of your props is better than Hollywood quality!

I was quick-scrolling through the page and I passed the 3/4 armour shots. For a split second I thought it was a naked guy wearing nothing but the armour. Quick mental scarring. Then I realised it was a dummy. But anyway, nice work. I have yet to start my first armour piece of anything, but I'm probably going to go a Space Marine from Warhammer. I hope it'll be as easy as you make it out to be...

Sometimes I dont hav anythin on but the undersuit :D, im still workin on a bladder system to be able to pee in the suit.

Sometimes I dont hav anythin on but the undersuit :D, im still workin on a bladder system to be able to pee in the suit.

Haha, I think I will just go with the old fasioned take off the cod and go method :D.

Here are some close ups of the chest. Again< I know you might be thinking "stop putting up the same photos" But a TON has changed on this thing. I have completely re-worked the collar. Changed the angles of the top of the armor, the rib guards, the sides of the top, the back(in previous post photos), and it has been split up so I can finally put it on :) It fits great, I can't wait to get more done and update you guys.

Chest13.jpg

Chest14.jpg

Chest13.jpg

Chest14.jpg

I was quick-scrolling through the page and I passed the 3/4 armour shots. For a split second I thought it was a naked guy wearing nothing but the armour. Quick mental scarring. Then I realised it was a dummy. But anyway, nice work. I have yet to start my first armour piece of anything, but I'm probably going to go a Space Marine from Warhammer. I hope it'll be as easy as you make it out to be...
Hooray for the naked manequin :D

OHHHHH ITS ON A MANNIQUIN! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i was like....what the....

But holy crap that looks amazing man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back