My Mark VI "Sister" Build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
dang this looks great =D lots of work since i last looked at this thread, great work =D
btw it looks like you are the master at scaling xD
good luck

thankyou! Yeah I like to think im getting this stuff done fast, but there are some people who finish entire suits in like, 2 months!
Anyway, I wouldnt give myself so much credit for the scaling haha. Afterall, I made 3 different chest piece sizes, 3 thigh sizes, 2 shin sizes, 2 lower arm sizes, 3 boot sizes, AND i have to remake the shoulder now.
I really, REALLY hope that I will get my helmet right on the first time! Ill have to ask a bunch of people for reference scales

Still looking good!!

thankya!

In my most recent pictures I'm wearing the last pressure suit you posted. I ended up having to remove the elbow pads to get the shoulders on comfortably and I also cut slits into the top shoulder guards to slide the nylon webbing through and keep the shoulders up. (shoulder sag is a big turnoff in my opinion) Also, the size chart for that thing is off. I'm a 5'9 dude, my measurements indicate a size medium but even the large is a very tight fit and if you check buyer comments they say the same.

Also, should mention that that spotted grey stuff under the hard plastic armor caps is more or less perforated craft foam and it bunches up kind of funny.

In my most recent pictures I'm wearing the last pressure suit you posted. I ended up having to remove the elbow pads to get the shoulders on comfortably and I also cut slits into the top shoulder guards to slide the nylon webbing through and keep the shoulders up. (shoulder sag is a big turnoff in my opinion) Also, the size chart for that thing is off. I'm a 5'9 dude, my measurements indicate a size medium but even the large is a very tight fit and if you check buyer comments they say the same.

Also, should mention that that spotted grey stuff under the hard plastic armor caps is more or less perforated craft foam and it bunches up kind of funny.

yeah the issue that I think ill have with that suit is that the padding on it looks kinda of round and like it sticks up a bit. The other suits have padding that, even though its hard, lies flatter on the suit. Thankyou for the feedback on it though! Its exactly what im looking for- to see if other 405th members have tried any of these for undersuits

PS. Do you have any pictures of you in your armor with the pressure suit on from behind? I kinda wanted to know how far down the spine went for that pressure suit, in comparison to the armor. If you dont have on thats fine, just thought id ask
Looking good! (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
thanks!

yeah the issue that I think ill have with that suit is that the padding on it looks kinda of round and like it sticks up a bit. The other suits have padding that, even though its hard, lies flatter on the suit. Thankyou for the feedback on it though! Its exactly what im looking for- to see if other 405th members have tried any of these for undersuits

PS. Do you have any pictures of you in your armor with the pressure suit on from behind? I kinda wanted to know how far down the spine went for that pressure suit, in comparison to the armor. If you dont have on thats fine, just thought id ask

thanks!

I actually removed that piece (didn't want to risk damaging the foam "vents" or any of my wiring) but it goes down as far as the webbing does which is the top of the pants I wore.

Edit: Just to be sure I'll try and remember to try it on when I'm off work here in an hour.

I actually removed that piece (didn't want to risk damaging the foam "vents" or any of my wiring) but it goes down as far as the webbing does which is the top of the pants I wore.

Edit: Just to be sure I'll try and remember to try it on when I'm off work here in an hour.

So did the spine kind of go under your butt plate a little bit? And if you manage to try it on thatd be helpful :D

Sorry about the delay; it is surprisingly difficult to take a reverse blind camera shot while wearing half of that. I'm not sure this picture is particularly helpful but it's the best I could manage. The bottom most plastic "plate" of the underarmor would be half buried behind the butt plate. Also, that back piece has two wrap-around 6" wide cloth pieces that join in the front with velcro and is quite restrictive.

IMAG0067.jpg

Sorry about the delay; it is surprisingly difficult to take a reverse blind camera shot while wearing half of that. I'm not sure this picture is particularly helpful but it's the best I could manage. The bottom most plastic "plate" of the underarmor would be half buried behind the butt plate. Also, that back piece has two wrap-around 6" wide cloth pieces that join in the front with velcro and is quite restrictive.

IMAG0067.jpg

thankyou so much for the picture! Yeah, that does look like a hard shot to take hahaha. Hmm...I'm thinking of buying the "wow" $45 suit or the "tms" $49 suit. And if it doesnt work out im sure I can send it back. I think itll just work better because of the padding being flatter and where it is positioned.

prettyfloralbonnet that is one great undersuit you got there! 2 thumps to you for that idea!
Annanymous if you do buy the "wow" make sure to post some pictures and tell us how it fits/works for ya! I'm also thinking about getting one of those for christmas now... =D haha, anyways best of luck on the armor! Keep up the hard work! Foam would be a great way to show the vents in the back better!! Just remember... don't think to far ahead!! =P Your doing great! This armor is about finished!! Hard part is almost over!! Just take your time fiberglassing it!! Great Job again!!

prettyfloralbonnet that is one great undersuit you got there! 2 thumps to you for that idea!
Annanymous if you do buy the "wow" make sure to post some pictures and tell us how it fits/works for ya! I'm also thinking about getting one of those for christmas now... =D haha, anyways best of luck on the armor! Keep up the hard work! Foam would be a great way to show the vents in the back better!! Just remember... don't think to far ahead!! =P Your doing great! This armor is about finished!! Hard part is
almost over!! Just take your time fiberglassing it!! Great Job again!!

Thanks for the support, and if i buy it ill definitley take pics with and without my pepped armor on. And ill make sure to take my time with the fiber glassing. Only reason im getting a suit now is for shoulder sizing

This is one of the undersuits that I use for my armor. It has execellent ventalation and is easy to strap the shoulder pieces to. So far, I have been very happy with it.

img00024561_-_cropped.jpg

:)

O thats great to hear! And thanks for the pic. Do you remember what size you got?

haha xD wow you have made a lot of the same thing =D i too am the master at scaling
3 pilot helmets, 2 biceps, 3 forearms, the reach AR reciever 4 times, master chief helmet twice xD
well great job and hope you find a good undersuit :)

haha xD wow you have made a lot of the same thing =D i too am the master at scaling
3 pilot helmets, 2 biceps, 3 forearms, the reach AR reciever 4 times, master chief helmet twice xD
well great job and hope you find a good undersuit :)

jeeeees I have yet to make a helmet, but I'm assuming its gonna suck to make. I would HATE to have made that many helmets!!

I have that exact same one, and I also have a 30 in waist, I'm 5'8. I bought a medium though, and I am very happy with it. Underneath that, I wear a simple lycra body suit and under that just some shorts and a mesh tank top to stay cool.

If you have any upper boddy muscle, a small might be too small. If its too small when you buy it, you will have to return it. If its just a tad to big, you can always wear something under it. Just my thoughts. Good luck!

I have that exact same one, and I also have a 30 in waist, I'm 5'8. I bought a medium though, and I am very happy with it. Underneath that, I wear a simple lycra body suit and under that just some shorts and a mesh tank top to stay cool.

If you have any upper boddy muscle, a small might be too small. If its too small when you buy it, you will have to return it. If its just a tad to big, you can always wear something under it. Just my thoughts. Good luck!

Hmm good point about if its big you an always put layers underneath. I have zero arm muscle though, and I dont want to have it be baggy on my arms. I might order the small and if its to small i can always send it back. Thanks for the feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back