My NewVegas NCR Veteran Ranger :) (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so finally bought i hot glue gun and a filter and this is what i did to it looks good now
P3145244.jpg
P3145254.jpg
P3145251.jpg
oh and i add padding its just foam out of an old knee pad
P3145253.jpg

just an update resined my helmet i was looking at other options but making my own is the cheapest heres some pics
P3175256.jpg
P3175257.jpg
P3175258.jpg

Well done on the Helmet, it's looking nice and neat. I wound up ordering an M1 replica for mine, as I'm a lazy bugger and it only seemed to be about $10 more... But I am still waiting for the damn thing to turn up, haha!

Nice build matey I really like it..
im taking my time on mine and am not too far behind you ..the sanding and need to do a bit more to make sure that back piece fits snug before i fibre glass a fabric hinge into place.. I love the paint job you have done and the filter looks pretty cool.. If you need to bounce any ideas off any one feel free to message me or look through my build "another ncr gas mask"..
looking forward to seeing the whole thing done :)

yeh thnx guys so um just a little update i fiber glassed the helmet but when i did i tried fitting it over the mask and it didn't fit so im a bit peed off about having to making another one and the hot glue gun i bought from the hardware store doesn't have replacements they have been waiting since last year for them and they have run out of acitone which really annoyed me so im just going to have to wait now :mad:

yeh thnx guys so um just a little update i fiber glassed the helmet but when i did i tried fitting it over the mask and it didn't fit so im a bit peed off about having to making another one and the hot glue gun i bought from the hardware store doesn't have replacements they have been waiting since last year for them and they have run out of acitone which really annoyed me so im just going to have to wait now :mad:

This is looking great!! Keep it up! Lol but yeah my helmet didn't fit either, but then I used a heat gun to straighten the helmet now it is fitting better, but no gaurantees lol

-Mangoes7

I really like the mask part and the filter. good work on them! Your mask is the best that i've seen so far. and your helmet looked good too. you should go ahead and finish it. it would be kinda cool.

I really like the mask part and the filter. good work on them! Your mask is the best that i've seen so far.
If you can find it, check out Kommisar's, personally I think his build puts all of us to shame =P I am really looking forward to seeing how this one turns out though, since we're both using the same pep.

EDIT: And I've just noticed we're both from QLD... Good times!

Where did you get the filter?

I bought a cheap respirator off eBay and scavenged one of the filters for mine. Got 3 of the respirators for about $14 AUD including Postage and Handling (so like, $4 each). It looks like Bmth1123 might have done something similar.

hurray i finally have more hot glue and acitone so update: hot glued strapping in the mask and it works really well and resined my new helmet and this time i know it will fit good

so ok guys just to let you know there wont be any updates till the week after next week because im out of money and i got lots of school stuff going on at the moment so two weeks is holidays and i should get supplys then

sorry guys ive had alot on my plate for the past few months havent had much time to work on the costume but the mask has strapping and the helmet is pretty close too done when i get for time ill finish it and post some pics for you guys :)

regards bmth1123

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back