My Noble 4 Emile built (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is something about your photographs (especially the last set) that is very striking. I think it's the lighting...I really like them.

Good luck with the vacuum-forming...looking forward to seeing the result and what you are able to achieve with etching the surface.

Nice work! Its definitely looking McNasty! lol...I just read through the thread, hoping to suggest the Vac forming of the visor, then I came to the part where you showed the plastic sheets you were going to use for vac forming. Anyways, I wish you the best. Its truely turning out fantastic! Keep doing what you do!

-Tony

guys, how I should paint the visor into gold paint (so I could see through it)? I really have no idea how to do that so I'm asking you for any suggestions! looking forward to hear it from you! :)

guys, how I should paint the visor into gold paint (so I could see through it)? I really have no idea how to do that so I'm asking you for any suggestions! looking forward to hear it from you! :)

They sell gold tint on ebay but i believe its somewhat pricey they have a thread somewhere on here that has the link i searched EVA Helment i believe, unbelieveable work BTW!

i used design master brilliant gold .......uh.....um......720? i think? anyway, its a floral paint and if you put it on in really thin layers you can build it up to be see through on the inside but reflective on the outside.

micheals sells it most of the time

What size did you make your EVA helmet? Im starting a EVA helmet I sized at 290mm. As im building it I feel like its too small. Your helmet looks about right for me. Can you please help me out?

I have a question for you- which thickness of clear plastic I should use for visor vacuum forming (if you could-the max thickness that is available to form in mm. please)?

I was too lazy to read through all of the comments, so I really dont know if this question was answered. But I feel like I can help you.

I used 1/16'' PETG plastic sheet when I Vac Formed my pilot helmet

284813_10150275474639441_511249440_7261264_6582945_n.jpg

It came out fine, but I felt like I could of went a little bit thicker.

The plastic gets really thin from the stretching
270756_10150270288374441_511249440_7220715_6410118_n.jpg

Since your going to carve the skull in the visor. I think you should use 3/32'' PETG. I think that is about 3mm

I was too lazy to read through all of the comments, so I really dont know if this question was answered. But I feel like I can help you.

I used 1/16'' PETG plastic sheet when I Vac Formed my pilot helmet

284813_10150275474639441_511249440_7261264_6582945_n.jpg

It came out fine, but I felt like I could of went a little bit thicker.

The plastic gets really thin from the stretching
270756_10150270288374441_511249440_7220715_6410118_n.jpg

Since your going to carve the skull in the visor. I think you should use 3/32'' PETG. I think that is about 3mm

Thanks for a very useful information my man! Sure I will help you out! I changed scale to 330 (Height), 260 (Width) and 375 (Depth) so it's kind of perfect size, but you can go even bigger if you don't want to cit the bottom that your head would slip in , and if you going to built attachment to it as well you can use this settings (for helmet settings I wrote) 131 (Height), 60 (Width), 320 (Depth)

So today I finally finished with painting the helmet (all details) so here it is-
dsc7928m.jpg

dsc7927y.jpg

attached the attachment and glued a little wire for better detalization:
dsc7926c.jpg

dsc7925h.jpg

dsc7924u.jpg

dsc7929u.jpg

and here is the paint I will be using for skull
dsc7930z.jpg

dsc7932d.jpg

and I experimented a little bit on the plastic sheet with usual golden spray paint, but it's came out not transparent...
dsc7936.jpg

dsc7937e.jpg

And I have one more thing to ask those who already made their helmets and custom padded them- could you please paste a picture of inside of helmet, your custom padding, in this thread so I could chose padding I will put into my helmet that is the mostly comfortable :) here's the foam I will be using for padding:
dsc7938.jpg

dsc7940g.jpg

um i wouldnt use that kind of foam inside your helmet, most foams like that have fermadehide in them. you know, the stuff they preserve bodies with o_O very toxic.

great job with the helmet though :) looks great

um i wouldnt use that kind of foam inside your helmet, most foams like that have fermadehide in them. you know, the stuff they preserve bodies with o_O very toxic.

great job with the helmet though :) looks great

I was wondering about this product- and I found out that this foam (Dumping material) is non toxic, it's used for noise eliminating caused by resonance in closed areas mainly in music studios.

Sorry guys for no updates in last few weeks- just have no time built anything... school takes all the time, specialy when I'm working on ODST helmet now- and I think there wouldn't be any updates till I'll finish with helmet (its on Bono stage-I'm about to put third coat) but still- today I got some free time and free handed the Kukri knife with cardboard:

dsc7961r.jpg

dsc7960l.jpg

It's slides in and out perfectly
dsc7963r.jpg

and here is comperesing with old pepakura knife
dsc7959w.jpg

dsc7964.jpg

I was planing to built it out of styrene or something like that- but right now I'm running out of money so I can't aford it...Anyway I think it turned out great as for first time building full cardboard piece :)

simply amazing work here....im so jealous!!! would you mind making one for me XD haha ill definitely be watching this build closely, youre doing such an excellent job, good luck with that visor!!!

simply amazing work here....im so jealous!!! would you mind making one for me XD haha ill definitely be watching this build closely, youre doing such an excellent job, good luck with that visor!!!

Hahaha :D thanks man- I was watching your stuff, and it's pretty damn good- I;m wondering which spartan are you making for your self :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back