Nerds with Girls???

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will literally drive you insane. I've done it twice, and I'm still trying to get over the last time.

I'm a complete geek, shy, and socially awkward, but I still have chicks notice me wherever I go. I just haven't been too concerned with getting a girlfriend.

And my best advice: DON'T WAIT!!! If you like a girl, ask her as soon as possible. I missed a lot of oppurtunities because I waited too long to ask her out.

Yes, don't be THAT guy. You know, when you start hanging out with a girl you like then she introduces you to her "best guy friend"

Every girl seems to come with one these days. Make one mistake, say one wrong thing and she goes running to THAT guy, who has been trying to get with her for years, he says she's too good for you. She dumps you and he gets nothing, everyone loses.

Don't be that guy, tell her how you feel and get it over with.

Hugh Holder said:
Don't be that guy, tell her how you feel and get it over with.
With the first one I did, she said no, so it became a sort of awkward joke between us, then we did end up (kind of) dating. It was alright for a while, then things just kind of fell apart (a story I won't go into to).

The second girl I really liked before we were friends, and looking back now I realise she kind of liked me too. But I did the stupid thing and waited, and waited, and waited. . . we ended up being sort-of friends, and then I finally asked her out a year later. After she got over the shock I got the usual "I like you as a friend" response, and after that the sort-of friends thing faded away too.

So please guys, learn from my mistakes. The initial act of getting a girlfriend cannot be planned out or strategised. Just go for it and hope for the best. And don't wait! She might like you too, so ask her before she loses interest.

K. I just read through this whole thread and have some things to say. First, I'm 19, a gamer girl, and until a couple months ago was in a 2 and a half year relationship. We broke up when he started doubting whether I was "the one" and started drifting away (gamer-girls don't always have it easy either, boys :p).

Now,
But guys flock towards me because I'm a gamer chick. I also talk to anyone who's playing a Nintendo DS or something in coffee shops. :p
I know what you mean kupokitty haha it makes things so much simpler when you have such a major thing in common (that most girls don't really care for).

There isn't anything that makes nerds and relationships exclusive. That is most likely associated because a lot of nerds are socially awkward and lack either confidence or social tact, and it doesn't help that geeky things are typically male dominated, making it so many guys don't have experience in standard relationships (break ups, being casual friends with a girl, etc.).

Like any hobby, just make sure you enjoy it in moderation and keep a varied lifestyle.
I agree, most nerds are a little awkward at first. But there is not any other type of guy I would rather spend time with. Geeks and nerds are genuine people. They respect women... so much so that they treat us like queens.. nothing makes a girl feel better than to feel so appreciated. Nerds aren't shallow. They don't have ulterior motives. They are generally interested in more than just your body (or at least pretend to be haha), wanting to know more about your interests and what makes you tick. These are all great things, and if you can just look past the initial awkwardness, they generally turn out to be great guys.

I play more, know more, and can beat more people at my school on video games than anyone else at my school. That being said, getting a girl to actually talk to me is a bit difficult, since I go to your generic small town Wisconsin school.
Heyyy you go to a generic small town Wisconsin school?! I went to one too!! Fun stuff, huh? lol

Gentlemen....Hybrid's are all the rage these days...I suggest you become one yourself!

Being a well rounded individual, in my opinion, is preferable to subscribing to any one specific type and limiting your social experiences.

For you younger guys out there, try it all! Think of it as "leveling up" your rl toon. Round out your HAM bar, don't blow all your points on one attribute or skill. Round yourself out a bit more, to a versatile class that can work well in multiple scenarios. The Hybrid geek. Able to recount all the famed movie trilogies in depth, craft armor for hours on end, run a seven min mile, fix a car, fire a handgun, get laid, lift their own body weight, fix your own computer, build a work bench, play a contact sport, converse well with strangers, pick up a woman, hold down a job, use head shots to pown nubs, live independently, pay bills, have multiple degrees, grill a steak, start a fire, have owned at least 5 console systems, own a heavy bag and use it regularly, buy a home, have a comic/dvd library, have kids.....all of it!

All I'm saying, and promoting, is that you don't limit yourselves and or LET other people pigeon hole you into thinking you can't HAVE and be ANYTHING you want. You want a girl, ....this is America isn't it? So what's stopping you?
My thoughts exactly! I've used this analogy myself with some gamer-guys I call my friends. I myself, got pigeon holed in high school. These kids knew me since elementary school, and from then until about freshman year in high school I was always the teacher's pet. I participated like crrrazy in class and in middle school would occasionally "tattle" on my classmates. Lets just say that behavior of mine was not appreciated and even into junior year of high school, long after I'd stopped behaving in that excess, I still was pegged in that straight A, no fun, do-gooder category. It wasn't until people got to know me better by hanging out outSIDE of school that they got to know who I really was. On a number of occasions I can recall walking into a party and having some of my classmates genuinely surprised that I was there. I guess what I'm saying is that don't let people peg you as one particular type of person. Surprise people, do things they didn't expect from you. Show there's more to you than just a "teacher's pet" or a "geek" or even a "jock". Be unique.

I have to admit, maybe it's me being old fashioned, but I was surprised to see how many Halo costumers in this forum were female. I go to the comic con (and maybe the anime fest this year) and I see plenty of women in costume but I see a lot of Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman, Catwoman or something clearly female. But in Halo, the armor hides all of that. For the most part you can barely tell who is male or female. I don't want to generalize and that women will only wear costumes that are feminine, but I often wonder what the thought process is when deciding to don a head to toe suit of armor.
The reason I decided to make my Kat armor is because I want to be different. EVERY girl out there is dressed as wonder woman or bat girl or some other scantily-clad heroine. Sure, it's fun to dress that way occasionally and see what kind of reaction you get out of the guys. But why be just another one in the crowd? I wanted to dress up as a kick-ass, strong-willed, intelligent woman who knows how to handle a weapon (the kind of woman I like to think I am :)). Not just some cookie cutter chick in a spandex suit. Also, making a suit requires a lot of time and commitment. You can't just go out to some costume store and tah-dah you're the character. I know guys will respect that, and it shows that I'm legit. I have a real passion for these games and I want people to know. How much passion are you conveying by just going out and buying something? For all you know, they could just be a chick who thought it'd be fun to dress up as this or that super powered female without knowing anything about them.

I was surprised about that as well. But what surprised me even more was that some of them are actually here "alone", i.e. without any boyfriends/husbands/siblings forcing them to join. You know, like: "Hey Barbie, I really need a Cortana to sit on that new Holoprojector-Prop on my arm piece! So either we paint you up all blue or I won't repair your XBox!"
Lololololol that made me laugh. Fyi, I am here by my own will :)

Soo....you're saying we should use gloss spray paint instead of matte on our armor??
HAH. Wayyyy too funny.

So yeah, geeks are becoming more popular than you may think. Eventually, every girl will end up with a guy like you. Once they get the "bad-boy" idk what anyone thinks (even my gf) phase out of their system and want to have a REAL relationship with a genuine guy, you are the ones they'll come to. Until then, be who you are and make sure you're cleaned up nice and ready to impress any girls who walk by, haha :) first impressions are everything, it doesn't matter how nice of a guy you are if the girls don't want to come over and talk to you first.

<3 you guys!!!
-Angela

(p.s. sorry this is so long >.<)

It looks like this thread is helping people lol

I VOTE STICKY! :D Hahahaha

Seriously (man I have used that word a LOT today... lol), I for one am really glad to hear from other nerds and their views on the whole situation. A lot of us more... socially challenged... ones tend to feel that either A) We are the only nerd having problems with girls, or B) that ALL nerds have this problem and there is no hope for any of us. It's good to hear that other nerds have indeed found success and that if we would just come out of our caves/dungeons once in a while and interacted with other people, then we too can find our own little Cortana. :)

I VOTE STICKY! :D Hahahaha

Yeah... What do I want to see on 405th.com?

Armour pics, tutorials, dating tips. Perfect.

Maybe we can add recipes as well? Peppermint Master Chief cookies, chocolate Sgt. Johnson cookies, blueberry Cortana cookies, thin air cloaked Elite diet cookies, Grandma's hand sawn steel plate Pillar of Autumn cookies - this could provide regular content for YEARS to come!

Yeah... What do I want to see on 405th.com?

Armour pics, tutorials, dating tips. Perfect.

Maybe we can add recipies as well? Peppermint Master Chief cookies, chocolate Sgt.. Johnson cookies, Blueberry Cortana cookies, thin air cloaked Elite diet cookies, Grandma's hand sawn steel plate Pillar of Autumn cookies - this could provide regular content for YEARS to come!

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! This made my laugh so hard I got a side cramp... :D

And suddenly I have a craving for cookies...

Well, we made it 9 pages before the thread was derailed.

Maybe the recipes tie in to nerds getting girls that are good cooks?

But of course they do!!! I mean, what girl DOESN'T want a guy who can cook, let alone bake Halo cookies!?! Am I right ladies??? :D

Anything is possible when you smell like an old spice man and not a lady!"
Lol jk

Sadly but truly I have only been on 1 date in my life and have never been kissed... My rain of topping people has ended...
Hehe, well I was on a roll last year about THAT my friend :cool

Well, we made it 9 pages before the thread was derailed.

Maybe the recipes tie in to nerds getting girls that are good cooks?

Actually I was rather thinking that nerds might lern to cook and that way find themselves a girl? Because many of those modern, liberated girls don't want to do that and are, in fact, looking for a guy to do it for them.

But, of course, cooking and baking are different things, so we'll have to come up with things like Master Chief spinach... :)

Actually I was rather thinking that nerds might lern to cook and that way find themselves a girl? Because many of those modern, liberated girls don't want to do that and are, in fact, looking for a guy to do it for them.

But, of course, cooking and baking are different things, so we'll have to come up with things like Master Chief spinach... :)

Jackal pot-pie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back