dubean33 said:
a hole? for what?

most of the helmet have the 3 drops,

but i guess your is like this and the last part missing is for the spine

3264419941_bd25849846_b.jpg

thank you for posting and making this

Last edited by a moderator:
dubean33 said:
So i've been tinkering with this one for a while now, and im happy to say its in the unfolding stage right now. I took Sharkheads new Iron Man file that was a mash-up of his and Dungbeetles helmets, gathered some reference pictures and set out to create an even more accurate helmet. I have to say i couldn't have done this without the base model created by both these guys.

Not being very skilled with body filler (mostly just don't have the patience), i modified it to include nearly all the grooves and ridges as seen in the movie helmet aside from the screws and under chin detailing.

List of what i modified/added:

- forehead vent now is indented rather than a straight plane

- the two grooves on top

- the groove that starts at one temple, goes to the back and around to the other temple

- grove in the sides of the face mask

- chin groove separating the upper and lower halves of chin

- more accurate ear pieces

- more accurate trapezoid indents in the back. i have yet to see ones close enough to my liking, so i made my own :) Close references of the sideshow bust were used for those

- an eye piece that more or less fits in the eye sockets. We'll see how peppable it is

- narrower more slanted brow that makes it look more aggressive and mean.

- cleaned up the mesh a bit and combined vertices that needed it.

I've downloaded just about every iron man helmet file thats been on this site and any others i've been able to find. I don't wanna toot my own horn here too much, but i feel that this is the most accurate representation of the movie helmet in a pep file you'll find. At least for now. I know agbates was going to start a super HD iron man for CNC purposes but that hasn't really taken off yet.

Here are some pictures for now, the file will be unfolded and uploaded tomorrow

And here is a quick comparison of a screenshot from Iron man 2

IM_2_Shot102-1.gif

Now that Iron man 2 has come out i've noticed more and more people are starting to make helmets. I don't think this will be the easiest pep but i think the results would be well worth it and in the end save you time with the body filling stage.

Update soon!

- Ian

Here is the helmet

http://www.4shared.com/file/FqlA4b0z/Sharkhead__Dubean33_HD_Iron_Ma.html

well i just want to ask if i can resize the helmet bcuz i dont know how to resize it and what tools should i use to make it soft results and visible line and edges

i really appreciate your work sir its very nice and i was lately making iron man helmet from dungbettle file i think this one is easy to pep. hope u will give me some techinique like the results from finhead his work is really grate i damn bowdown to his work when he bondo it its very smooth helmet results and casting..

by the way i see different in the eye look closely

dubean33 said:
I am going to do a version 2 helmet and hopefully have that up tonight or tomorrow. People intent on building this particular model may want to wait a teeny bit longer.

But but but, I want to build it NOOWW!!

Thanks again for making this.

*Anxiously awaits V.2*

llinformerll said:
So your a great unfolder and a great modeler. Bravo my friend. This helmet is looking extremely epic. Cant wait for War Machine.

the words great and modeler should not be used to describe my abilities. I can modify meshes at this point to get them what i want to do. I know only the very basics, but i really appreciate that! Its very time consuming and tedious and i am by no means great at this. I'd like to be one day though. I am planning on taking some 3d courses this fall when school starts back up though.

If you guys really want to start building this helmet then by all means go for it. Version 2 might be a day or two away as i am distracted with the War machine model at the moment and i think for the average person the details on v2 would mostly be negligible. Maybe not to some but at a quick glance you won't notice a huge difference. Mostly just things a cleaned up and have support struts inside the helmet.

JUICE sent me what he has for War machine so im tinkering with that a bit and will get back to iron man v2.

Lol. I dont even know how to change the camera view of those 3d programs. Thus making you untouchable compared to me when it comes to this stuff.

So I'm ready to start a new pep for the weekend!!! Plus I'm eager to use my SilhouetteSD (CraftRobo) I was gonna do this tonight if you still have hopes to have the V2 released tonight, or I'll start on my MKVI MC HD Torso....

MxRacer476 said:
So I'm ready to start a new pep for the weekend!!! Plus I'm eager to use my SilhouetteSD (CraftRobo) I was gonna do this tonight if you still have hopes to have the V2 released tonight, or I'll start on my MKVI MC HD Torso....

sorry dude it won't be done by tonight :(

It's OK I decided to fire up the XBOX for the night. Anyhow, I have to work till 12pm CST tomorrow in the service dept. So I'll check in when I am home from work!! Thanks man, I'm not rushing ya....

Ok, so it turns out combining Sharkhead's and DB's helmet wasn't the 'super' fit that I was hoping for...*sigh*...another pepped helmet to add to the ever growing collection. It's all up to you now Dubean :)

Are you going to be adjusting the eyes in V.2? That's really the only thing keeping me from pepping V.1.

The Iron Man Helmet just keeps getting better; this is a great file. Sigh, looks like I'll be peping this one as well. Thanks dubean! Can't wait for version 2.

Jordy said:
Ok, so it turns out combining Sharkhead's and DB's helmet wasn't the 'super' fit that I was hoping for...*sigh*...another pepped helmet to add to the ever growing collection. It's all up to you now Dubean :)

Are you going to be adjusting the eyes in V.2? That's really the only thing keeping me from pepping V.1.

Yeah i'll adjust them and then post some pics BEFORE i start unfolding this time around. Get some opinions and then start to unfold when people are happy :)

purgedsoul said:
The Iron Man Helmet just keeps getting better; this is a great file. Sigh, looks like I'll be peping this one as well. Thanks dubean! Can't wait for version 2.

I know what you mean buddy, there have been so many people to pep multiple helmets. I feel bad for em cuz there is so much time invested in each one

Du,

No appologies needed my friend. As with your other items, it will be nice when it's done. LOL I'm just tryin to find something to do outside of Flying Squirrels MKVI HD Torso lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back