New Hd Iron Man Mk V Suitcase Helmet Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks really good. My only problem with the sharkhead version is that it always seemed to big near the very top of the crown. Like that it should curve back in near the top. It makes the bottom of the helmet seem to small and the forehead look a little off to me. I see what you're saying about the eyes on the dungbeetle helmet though. Maybe we need yet another collab ;)

EDIT: Also, the angle of the chin is a little off. See below

RealHelmets.png

Like I said before. I think your helmet looks great. I don't think either of ours is perfect, though. I hope you don't take that the wrong way.

Nintendude said:
o_O This looks super nice, might I ask after you unfold the file for people to use can I try a go at unfolding it?

Yeah if you want to unfold it too go for it

ironerd said:
Whomever unfolds.. pleaes try and keep it as smooth a fold as possible.

And Dub... will you have the chin, faceplate and crown separate? I sure hope so.

Yup it is all separate pieces!

Samuray said:
It looks really good. My only problem with the sharkhead version is that it always seemed to big near the very top of the crown. Like that it should curve back in near the top. It makes the bottom of the helmet seem to small and the forehead look a little off to me. I see what you're saying about the eyes on the dungbeetle helmet though. Maybe we need yet another collab ;)

EDIT: Also, the angle of the chin is a little off. See below

RealHelmets.png

Like I said before. I think your helmet looks great. I don't think either of ours is perfect, though. I hope you don't take that the wrong way.

thanks, yeah I don't think its perfect either although that would be nice now wouldn't it! I'd been picking at this thing for so long and just needed to put it down and be done with it. There are still things i see i could change and make better. Maybe ill make a 2nd version or maybe another collaboration :)

It would be so awesome if someone could get their hands on the ILM file used for all the special effects, that would be the perfect file

JUICE said:
Looks great! I'll send you what I've got when I get home.

sounds good dude! ill start gathering together some references

sorry guys, i meant to post this last night but apparently i forgot to add it in. Here is the file

http://www.4shared.com/file/FqlA4b0z/Sharkhead__Dubean33_HD_Iron_Ma.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Nevermind... this unfold is GREAT!!!!

However those eyes are going to be a pain in the butt... too many small pieces.

ironerd said:
Dub you are a great unfolder... or MROreo? I know everyone will want the easiest smoothest unfold.

thanks buddy. Its a pretty smooth unfold, just the intricate parts will be a bit of a pain. i think its all doable though.

note - The last page is for the eye insert piece, should that prove to be too difficult like i think it will, just leave it out. Ill get working on a more accurate eye piece thats easier to build

edit- yeah i think you're right about the eyes ironerd

no i totally agree Jordy. I was messing with the bridge between the eyes and forgot to move it back. I'm kinda pissed now since i just spend like an hour and a half unfolding it haha. Its a really simple fix while you're cutting it out though. The only thing wrong with the bridge is a vertice in each corner makes a 90 degree angle rather than a slight sloped angle. Otherwise they're the closest i've seen.

I was wondering if you can provide a tutorial on this "simple fix" ?

Iron Mang said:
I was wondering if you can provide a tutorial on this "simple fix" ?

while you're cutting out the faceplate piece just cut a bit of the square edge off

fix.jpg

I am going to do a version 2 helmet and hopefully have that up tonight or tomorrow. People intent on building this particular model may want to wait a teeny bit longer.

what do you mean? the faceplate is separate from the jaw and main body. you could add a hinge system after all the finish work is done. JUICE has a pretty great system in his war machine thread

dubean33 said:
I'd been picking at this thing for so long and just needed to put it down and be done with it. There are still things i see i could change and make better. Maybe ill make a 2nd version or maybe another collaboration :)

That's exactly where I got to with mine. I just wanted to be done with it.

dubean33 said:
what do you mean? the faceplate is separate from the jaw and main body. you could add a hinge system after all the finish work is done. JUICE has a pretty great system in his war machine thread

nice i didn't know the hinge system was 1 for all, good to know it will work on all.

sorry to ask is there a hole at the bottom ?

4-1.png

Queen said:
I think he's asking about a hole for your head. I can see it.

thats what i thought but the file is available for download. check it out Unheared

hey dubean, are you going to add support pillars in your next version? i think it would be helpful to stop the helmet from collapsing onto itself, especially when slushing rondo around. like a horizontal pillar that goes from one ear to the other

Iron Mang said:
hey dubean, are you going to add support pillars in your next version? i think it would be helpful to stop the helmet from collapsing onto itself, especially when slushing rondo around. like a horizontal pillar that goes from one ear to the other

Yup thats the plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back