Noble 6 & Noble 2 (Kat B-320) Foam Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything is looking really good. Like Thorn said. . . You don't have to clean out everything. If you need room for batteries, just figure out where and clean that part out. It will save you a lot of time. Great job so far. Keep up the good work.

Looken awsome bro, keep up the awsome work!

Thanks man! Glad you like my work! :)

Everything is looking really good. Like Thorn said. . . You don't have to clean out everything. If you need room for batteries, just figure out where and clean that part out. It will save you a lot of time. Great job so far. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Spartan_127! I will have to see how much I'll have to clear out in order to fit batteries etc. I think i'll leave some in and of course try to balance out the helmet as well.

UPDATE

So for Christmas since I was a good boy I got this!
6C9C2B5C-881A-41C2-B825-6E8BAB04C660-2236-000001403FB86577.jpg

Should help me out a lot with the helmet detail as well as grinding down some foam! Yeah! *thumbs up*

I'm currently working on a pep version of Kat's helmet for my girlfriend. Hopefully i'll be done with cutting everything out by the weekend. Looking to put it all together hopefully before next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
looking dam good... i wish i had done my foam work like this.... awesome!

Thanks Tac!

UPDATE!!!!

Hey guys sorry I've been gone for so long. I have come out of hibernation and worked on my suit today. I was gonna use L3X BLU3RIV3R's foam template but thought making my own stencil would be easier. I used a couple pieces from the template to create the side of the cod piece but the butt plate and crotch protecter area are from hand drawn sketches. Here are some pics of what I have so far! (I don't have the detail foam pieces in yet. Just the overall shape and size of the cod.

Foam template pieces laid out
IMG_2284_zps45937310.jpg

My hand drawn template
IMG_2283_zps733438b1.jpg

Transferred to the foam
IMG_2282_zps9ef80f0b.jpg

Butt plate template
IMG_2285_zpsf6c86c95.jpg

All the pieces traced out
IMG_2286_zps698f9bba.jpg

Some pics with the cod and other pieces I have done on
Photoon2-11-13at824PM5_zpsc58995a3.jpg
Photoon2-11-13at823PM_zpsc1d472f1.jpg
Photoon2-11-13at824PM_zps21fc373e.jpg
Photoon2-11-13at824PM3_zps99e5ac31.jpg

That's all for now!

Moved on to scratch building huh? :p
Seriously though. Everything is looking good.
Keep up the good work!!

haha I suppose so :p. I just didn't want to go through the hassel of trying to get all the pieces together. I figured just drawing up a free hand sketch based on the actual pep file would have been easier. I still have to put in the detail pieces which I'm sure will be a pain, but I'm up for the challenge. Maybe if this goes well i'll use this method for other pieces! My ultimate goal will be to create something as awesome as lil tyrant her kat suit was amazing!

I thought of scratch building the cod too, as i found L3X's file to be to complicated for such a simple design. It looks great, and glad to see you're back.

I thought of scratch building the cod too, as i found L3X's file to be to complicated for such a simple design. It looks great, and glad to see you're back.

Thanks RTWHOCKEY! I thought the same thing when I cut out and placed all the pieces down on the foam...lol. It was quite...intimidating ;P.

UPDATE!!!!

alright guys so I'm back for another update! I've cut out the visor part of my helmet and started to grind some of the inside out where I the rondo had pooled into a nice solid puddle. I've evened out the weight somewhat so it sits more balanced on my head and will probably go at it again tomorrow. I found another problem where the rondo had pooled at the top of the helmet as well about 1.5 cm too thick...the crappy part about that is that no power tool I have reaches into the top of the helmet well enough to grind out the excess...soooo I guess I'll be putting in a little elbow grease over the next few days. Here are some helmet pics!

IMG_2287_zps7a40dad3.jpg
IMG_2288_zps66dcf24d.jpg
IMG_2289_zps42f3ba4f.jpg

The excess rondo at the top of the helmet is pushing my head too far down out of the helmet :/.
Photoon2-12-13at803PM3_zpsbb65805a.jpg

It's only a minor thing, but it bothers me that my chin will be slightly sticking out if I don't correct this issue now.

I have cut out some detail pieces for the cod but still have to figure out what i'm going to do for the sides to add those details. Here's what I have so far...

IMG_2291_zps23afc18b.jpg
That's all for now! Feel free to leave me some feedback or any suggestions on getting the excess rondo out besides just taking some good ol' sandpaper to it.

YEP!!!! Definitely going ot have to put some elbow grease into that one. :p If you have a dremel with a flat grinding or cut off disc on the end of it, it might help you take out a good bit of it and then you can sand the last little bit so you don't break through from the inside. Just an idea.
I have faith in you though. It all looks good depspite the pooling you wound up with inside. Doesn't look like you had any obvious warping or anything.
Keep it up!

YEP!!!! Definitely going ot have to put some elbow grease into that one. :p If you have a dremel with a flat grinding or cut off disc on the end of it, it might help you take out a good bit of it and then you can sand the last little bit so you don't break through from the inside. Just an idea.
I have faith in you though. It all looks good depspite the pooling you wound up with inside. Doesn't look like you had any obvious warping or anything.
Keep it up!

I thought I would have to put some good ol' elbow grease into it. I guess I got lazy after I bought my new mouse sander. I sanded my entire first suit by hand so I guess I have it in me...just gotta find that motivation to sand again lol. I had some warping towards the back not too bad. A little bondo and it'll look good as new. I like the idea of using a cutting wheel to take out some of it. I don't know why i didn't think of that before! I'll probably try to take some off tomorrow when I have more light to see what I'm doing. The last time I used a rotary tool to grind stuff down in the garage I covered everything with a fine layer of rondo/bondo dust. My parents weren't exactly pleased lol.

I'll probably try to take some off tomorrow when I have more light to see what I'm doing. The last time I used a rotary tool to grind stuff down in the garage I covered everything with a fine layer of rondo/bondo dust. My parents weren't exactly pleased lol.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!! :D I didn't say there wouldn't be dust all over the place. :p
There will be dust. Oh yes. There will be.
Seriously though. . . I'd recommend using a reinforced cutting disc or a heavy duty cutting disc. Especially with the rondo if it's thick. Just be careful that you don't go too far.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!! :D I didn't say there wouldn't be dust all over the place. :p
There will be dust. Oh yes. There will be.
Seriously though. . . I'd recommend using a reinforced cutting disc or a heavy duty cutting disc. Especially with the rondo if it's thick. Just be careful that you don't go too far.

Haha well..I found a solution last night to the dust problem! I just stuck a shop vac through the visor opening will i ground down the excess rondo and that worked wonders! The helmet fits nicely now :).

UPDATE!!!!

hey guys so I was able to get more stuff done last night. I did some bondo work on the helmet and got 2 layers on to the top left panel. I have also added a layer of thin foam to the shins to cover up those unsightly ridge lines ;P. here are some pics! ENJOY!

IMG_2295_zpscd4348ca.jpg

oh and I totally forgot that I finished putting together my forearm base peices. All thats left now is to detail them with you guessed it...more foam!

IMG_2292_zps96a78170.jpg

picture of the shins with the new foamie layer on it
IMG_2296_zps645cbff8.jpg
IMG_2297_zps01868983.jpg

That's all for now... :)

What height did you use for the helmet? I tried the same file a little while back and scaled it down a bit, but it still came out about the size of a motorcycle helmet. I'm worried its going to bobble around even with padding, lol.

What height did you use for the helmet? I tried the same file a little while back and scaled it down a bit, but it still came out about the size of a motorcycle helmet. I'm worried its going to bobble around even with padding, lol.

Yeah the helmet is a little roomy on the inside. I'm planing on getting a helmet liner as well as cheek pads to make it fit. If that doesn't make it snug i'll probably use some sort of expanding foam or something similar to fill the helmet then add the liner/pads. I'm 5'8'' and the dimensions H:241 W: 261: and D: 300 worked for me. Sizing helmets is always hard because you don't want it to look like a bobble head but you don't want it too small either. I guess you'll just have to find your dimensions then write it down and try to get future helmets as close to scale as possible. Best of luck!

Sounds like your solution to the sanding and grinding dust is a good one. I've done that a lot myself.
Your forearms and shins are looking good.
Keep up the good work.

Yeah the helmet is a little roomy on the inside. I'm planing on getting a helmet liner as well as cheek pads to make it fit. If that doesn't make it snug i'll probably use some sort of expanding foam or something similar to fill the helmet then add the liner/pads. I'm 5'8'' and the dimensions H:241 W: 261: and D: 300 worked for me. Sizing helmets is always hard because you don't want it to look like a bobble head but you don't want it too small either. I guess you'll just have to find your dimensions then write it down and try to get future helmets as close to scale as possible. Best of luck!
Thanks, I think my height was set at 286mm, lol. This was the second helmet I tried, the first one was a bit too small but it was a different model, I based the height of the second one off of the height I used for the first, and it didn't work out well lol. At least your stuff is coming out spot on, keep up the good work :).

Thanks, I think my height was set at 286mm, lol. This was the second helmet I tried, the first one was a bit too small but it was a different model, I based the height of the second one off of the height I used for the first, and it didn't work out well lol. At least your stuff is coming out spot on, keep up the good work :).

Good luck on your build! Hope the helmet comes out scaled ok!

UPDATE!!!!!

So i did more bondo work and was able to get the other back side rounded out and somewhat symmetrical to the other side. I still have a little work to do on the "ear" part. I also cut out the vent area where I'm planning on installing fans. Here are some pics! Enjoy!

742A355A-39E8-4C3D-9B70-1DE62E6F0AE9-10387-00000AB9CD052B63_zps6e9ac7fd.jpg
F644B2DE-3E5B-419D-B07F-A92C57C12AF5-10387-00000AB9D20EDA2F_zps9bd74a4a.jpg
5F9451C2-633C-4B39-8CE2-4878154EDFA1-10387-00000AB9D676E02B_zpsc96d8d24.jpg

5F9451C2-633C-4B39-8CE2-4878154EDFA1-10387-00000AB9D676E02B_zpsc96d8d24.jpgD9969A13-2BC6-466D-B3E5-C3447D4C2B49-10387-00000AB9E07E505A_zps0dd0d6e3.jpg

That's all for now :)

5F9451C2-633C-4B39-8CE2-4878154EDFA1-10387-00000AB9D676E02B_zpsc96d8d24.jpg

Looking good.
Keep it up!

Thanks man! Hope your still building! I've been out of it for a while but I'm back!

Looking good.

Thanks thorn! It's always nice to hear comments like that coming from "ELITE" builders like yourself (hope when I was M.I.A. they moved your build to the elite section).

UPDATE!!!

So as you all probably know, i've been away for quite some time. I just recently picked up my costume stuff again seeing that Halloween is just around the corner...It's amazing how time does fly. Since the last time, I was able to bang out more foam pieces, well the base part anyway. So far i've got both thighs, and both shins done. I've just recently made both biceps, shoulders, forearms, handplates and the chest. Here are the pics!

940B552E-8E93-49AC-BFA6-9E197B7F8DB7-2299-0000023D3753BAA1_zps5ac2cce7.jpg
ECDE83AA-9AFB-4BCB-9B99-EC37AE673567-2299-0000023D4C944FEF_zps90ee484b.jpg
B0680B92-4450-4E4F-A6F4-48E0E1958C35-2299-0000023D53DBD068_zpsc02bb758.jpg

I didn't add the detail to the foam because it'll be covered by the shoulders which i'll be glueing on for now. I might go back and redo these to make them interchangeable with other shoulder designs.
F2F5E29A-F780-4ABF-99C4-DD29032A9176-2299-0000023D4530C167_zps1ec312b6.jpg

Thats all for now...Stay tuned for more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back