Noble 6 (S-B312). . .a WIP MY WAY. . . Eventually Pic Heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.
so much info lol i love it!

Your pics look great man, i cant wait to see more progress :)

More great progress! You know something? I think you should copyright "Until Next Time. . . Keep Building and Make It FUN!!!!" as your official motto ;)

Great work, and can't wait to see more!

-Seth

Hmmm. . . Copyright huh? Naaa :p It's too hard to fight for copyright infringement. I'll just keep typing it. LOL!!
Thanks for the compliments, Seth. They're appreciated.

Looking awesome as normal. :)
The 2 best Primers on the market are as follows.

Plasti-Kote™ Sandable Primer – can be found at Auto Zone and other auto supply stores in the U.S. Contact: Plasti-Kote in Medina, OH Tel. 800 431 5928 or www.plasti-kote.com

Bulldog™ Adhesion Promoter - Contact: W.M. Barr Co. in Memphis, TN Tel. 800 398 3892 or www.wmbarr.com. Or order online at www.levineautoparts.com

Give plenty of time to fully cure. Then paint away.

Thanks a bunch for the recommendations.
I knew about the Bulldog Adhesion Promoter. It's one of those things I'll have to order and have shipped in though, because no one around me carries it.
I didn't know that PlastiKote was lacquer based, but did some reading and it should work great. I went to all the Autozones and other places yesterday. They're all carrying Dupli-Color. I know that CarQuest carries Plasti-Kote, but they are closed on Sundays. :p Maybe next weekend.

so much info lol i love it!

Your pics look great man, i cant wait to see more progress :)

Thank you for the compliments, Mstruvmgc.

Update

After getting all the wrinkles ironed out, I started to prep the under suit base. I cut the hands and feet off of the unitard and got them hemmed back up and sewed in a zipper in the crotch.
Here's the pics.

IMG_1778_zps70e4f58b.jpg

th_IMG_1780_zps0fb9bf0d.jpgth_IMG_1781_zps6b4b784a.jpgth_IMG_1782_zpsb30bca6c.jpg

I don't know if you can see it in the pics of the unitard on the dummy or not. All the silver markings are from when I put it on and marked areas where they were on me. I marked my chest, collar bones, shoulder tips, belly button, arm pits, elbows, knees, buttocks and a couple other places so I could make sure I'm lining all the details up right. Just in case anyone wants to say something about it. . . I know the zipper in the crotch is on the outside of the under suit. It made it a lot easier for me to put it on that way and it will be covered up by the cod anyway. :p

I'm debating on putting in hidden zippers in the waist line to make it a two piece under suit instead of a one piece. Any thoughts on that one guys?? I think it will wind up being a pain in the yoohoo if I do, because of having to cut the suit that's already made up. Once the latex is on it may make it easier to take on and off though. :confused

That's about it for now I suppose. Thanks for the support and as always. . . all comments, suggestions and criticism are welcomed.

Until Next Time. . . Keep Building and Make It FUN!!!!

Edit for Update and Pics!

I've had a few views since I posted last, but I don't want to get into a habit of double-posting. . . SO. . .
Got some of the foam work done on the under suit.

IMG_1783_zpsc03b9eff.jpg

th_IMG_1786_zps64b0dcb4.jpgth_IMG_1785_zps7b660b14.jpgth_IMG_1784_zpsce7fbaa0.jpg

My plan is to somehow get the foam stuck down to the unitard and then start covering it in latex. So long as I can get it stuck down to the unitard, it should work out pretty good. . . . I hope. . . :p And if it works out, this may go a bit faster than I think it will. (Fingers are definitely crossed)

Thanks again for everyone looking. Let me know what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if you've seen this already, but I found this video of the making of a halo 4 master chief suit made by a prop company in London. These guys also made the halo reach armor from the old spartan jetpack video for the reach release. They explained the under suit pretty well.

I'm not sure if you've seen this already, but I found this video of the making of a halo 4 master chief suit made by a prop company in London. These guys also made the halo reach armor from the old spartan jetpack video for the reach release. They explained the under suit pretty well.

I had not seen that video. Thanks for the info on it. It definitely helps with a couple things.

Looks great. :)

Thanks for the kind words, Thorn. They're appreciated.

Info UPdate

First. . . Sorry that I have no pics. Maybe next week. Work's been hectic.
I had another break on the torso. I pretty much snapped off the left rung that goes under the arm. :angry It got hung up on the dummy when I was doing things to it and it was hanging on by a thread. The torso isn't fitting the dummy as loose as it fits me right now and it's causing some issues in those areas. I was able to put on several layers of fiberglass cloth and a bunch of resin in the areas that broke to ix it though.

After getting it fixed, I was looking at the foam work I had on it and it just didn't seem right to me, so I started all over again. I managed to finally find some good glue that will hold the foam together and hold the foam to the unitard that is flexible and wearable. So right now I'm about where I was before with the upper torso details that are under the torso. It's just foam. :p I used a thicker foam than before so I am having to shave areas down right now to make sure there is room for me and other stuff. I have the different foam pieces glued together though and after I can do a test fit with me in the unitard and everything on, I'll glue the foam down to the unitard and start working with the latex to cover it up.

My days off are changing again this weekend. So, as of right now my plan is to hopefully have all of the torso section (back, shoulders, abs and hips) of the undersuit done and covered in latex by next week. Then, I'll start to pep the biceps and possibly forearms so I can do the upper arm and elbows section of the undersuit next.

Thanks for everyone following along. Sorry again that I don't have any pics to post right now. The whole snapping off the rung got me flustered and I had to step away. :p When I get started on the latex, I'll be sure to post some pics of the process.

Until Next Time . . . Keep Building and Make It FUN!!!!

Wow its coming together man. I'm going to try making a dummy this weekend. looks pretty handy . are you free handing the Under Armour seal around the arms

Wow its coming together man. I'm going to try making a dummy this weekend. looks pretty handy . are you free handing the Under Armour seal around the arms

Thanks for the kind words, Trip. The dummies are pretty handy but sometimes the proportions are a little off. On mine I can't get the torso on it as easily as I can just put it on myself. Hence the rung snapping almost completely off when i was trying to take it off the dummy. Otherwise, it definitely helps to give you an idea on how to scale your pieces.
As for the foam stuff on the under suit and arm seals. I am free handing one side of it and then I pattern that to transfer to the other side so it stays somewhat symmetrical. The second stab I took at it looks a lot better IMO. When I can, I'll get some pics up of the reworked stuff.

Just FYI

As things do at times, bad things happen. Last night while I was at work, I was hit by a drunk driver while minding my own business. :p It took a bit afterwards but once the adrenaline wore off and I was able to sit down, my back on the lower right side seized up in one big OMG WTF is that kind of muscle cramp from my right butt cheek to the center of my back. As of right now I can't return to work until Sunday. When I can go back I'm on a 10 pound weight restriction. I'm sore as all get out right now and haven't even been to sleep yet. :D I've been through this stuff before so I'm sure it'll be worse when I do. Just wanted to let everyone know just in case I'm not able to do any work over the weekend like I had planned. I have some pics of the car I was driving last night. I'll try to get a couple of those up later too.

Thanks to everyone again that's following along. It's appreciated. Until Next Time . . . Keep Building and Make It FUN!!!!

Glad to hear you're still up and around at least! That's gotta be a little scary, but hopefully nothing was damaged too badly. I've been in a pretty nasty wreck myself, but never hit by another car. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Now I guess I have to find something else to read while at work if you won't be able to update... They can't expect me to actually WORK all these hours, right? =D

Glad to hear you're still up and around at least! That's gotta be a little scary, but hopefully nothing was damaged too badly. I've been in a pretty nasty wreck myself, but never hit by another car. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Now I guess I have to find something else to read while at work if you won't be able to update... They can't expect me to actually WORK all these hours, right? =D

Thanks for the best wishes and ROFL Halex!!!!! I don't think that this will keep me down for long. I never listen to restrictions. :rolleyes I wouldn't want you to have to get back to work on my account. :p But you never know these days. I'm not getting any younger. :D As for the "scary". . . It was more upsetting than anything. I had a few choice words in my car before getting out after stopping. This isn't my normal car though. I have an assigned car, but it was in the shop so I was driving this one. I've been having so many problems with my car lately, after everything calmed down I was thinking to myself "why couldn't I have been in my car and get hit by a drunk?" LOL! But I'm not seriously injured and the drunk was arrested and transported to jail. So, I guess you could say we won this one.

Here's the Pics of Wreck

As you can tell from the pics, the damage isn't all that bad. The car is old though. It's a 2007 with 140,000+ miles. It most likely will be totaled out by the adjuster. Keep in mind though, that the drunk was driving a Ford Fusion and did this to it. LOL! :p I don't have any pics of the other car. It wasn't pretty though.

th_10-55WRECK4_zps2b3b1ea5.jpgth_10-55WRECK_zpsbce88d50.jpgth_10-55WRECK2_zps6ef3f2e8.jpgth_BB6B8306-6393-4396-97F3-E1F61015BD8A-3700-000001C8E6D39CBB_zps366816b3.jpgth_10-55WRECK3_zps5c91bc2f.jpgth_90850443-561D-4CA0-9322-6C1ED2B7B8BE-3700-000001C91E3217C1_zpsf69ab575.jpg

I did put these pics in paint to cover some stuff up on it. I don't know if my department wants advertisement or not. It's not all that hard to figure out if you've ever driven IH 35 though. I just don't want to have them say I didn't make a reasonable effort.

As you can also see now. . . of all things to hit, the drunk decided to hit a marked patrol unit. HA!!! Go figure right? See though. . . not all that bad. I still hurt though. LOL!! 2013 is definitely starting out rough for me. First my black eye on 1/28/13 at work and now this on 2/28/13 at work. Are we seeing a pattern here? I wonder what's in store for me on 3/28/13. :D I think I'll just take that day off to break the chain. Hopefully it won't pick back up again on 4/28/13. LOL!!!!

Again, thanks for looking guys. I'll try to build related stuff up ASAP.

As you can also see now. . . of all things to hit, the drunk decided to hit a marked patrol unit. HA!!! Go figure right?

That's basically what I was thinking... the obvious worst choice to hit, clearly marked, and still did it. Not their brightest moment, but that's the effect alcohol has on people.

Looking forward to the next update as always. Your neatly-done alignment/locking pins/magnets have inspired me to rip out the horribly messy and crooked ones I had in my torso and try again, since they just didn't work well that first time.

Thanks for the best wishes and ROFL Halex!!!!! I don't think that this will keep me down for long. I never listen to restrictions. :rolleyes I wouldn't want you to have to get back to work on my account. :p But you never know these days. I'm not getting any younger. :D As for the "scary". . . It was more upsetting than anything. I had a few choice words in my car before getting out after stopping. This isn't my normal car though. I have an assigned car, but it was in the shop so I was driving this one. I've been having so many problems with my car lately, after everything calmed down I was thinking to myself "why couldn't I have been in my car and get hit by a drunk?" LOL! But I'm not seriously injured and the drunk was arrested and transported to jail. So, I guess you could say we won this one.

Here's the Pics of Wreck

As you can tell from the pics, the damage isn't all that bad. The car is old though. It's a 2007 with 140,000+ miles. It most likely will be totaled out by the adjuster. Keep in mind though, that the drunk was driving a Ford Fusion and did this to it. LOL! :p I don't have any pics of the other car. It wasn't pretty though.

th_10-55WRECK4_zps2b3b1ea5.jpgth_10-55WRECK_zpsbce88d50.jpgth_10-55WRECK2_zps6ef3f2e8.jpgth_BB6B8306-6393-4396-97F3-E1F61015BD8A-3700-000001C8E6D39CBB_zps366816b3.jpgth_10-55WRECK3_zps5c91bc2f.jpgth_90850443-561D-4CA0-9322-6C1ED2B7B8BE-3700-000001C91E3217C1_zpsf69ab575.jpg

I did put these pics in paint to cover some stuff up on it. I don't know if my department wants advertisement or not. It's not all that hard to figure out if you've ever driven IH 35 though. I just don't want to have them say I didn't make a reasonable effort.

As you can also see now. . . of all things to hit, the drunk decided to hit a marked patrol unit. HA!!! Go figure right? See though. . . not all that bad. I still hurt though. LOL!! 2013 is definitely starting out rough for me. First my black eye on 1/28/13 at work and now this on 2/28/13 at work. Are we seeing a pattern here? I wonder what's in store for me on 3/28/13. :D I think I'll just take that day off to break the chain. Hopefully it won't pick back up again on 4/28/13. LOL!!!!

Again, thanks for looking guys. I'll try to build related stuff up ASAP.

dumb ass drunk drivers! sham you wernt driving a scorpion tank

Well bud Its just good to know that you are safe :) heal up and get back to work when you can, we will be waiting here for ya :)

oh and quick question, what did you stuff your manaquinn with? i might have missed it when i went back and looked. thanks

There is no excuse for drunk driving. At all. Glad to hear you're okay, and I hope that guy gets a nice blemish on his record.

Hey guys. Is everyone else as giddy as I am to have the old familiar 405th back. I backed up the info I had when it switched so ill try to get this thread updated with all of that info ASAP as soon as I can sort through it.

Hey guys. Is everyone else as giddy as I am to have the old familiar 405th back. I backed up the info I had when it switched so ill try to get this thread updated with all of that info ASAP as soon as I can sort through it.

Heck yeah man! Cant wait to see some progress pics :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back