now it's my turn MK VI (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, after a very long time I've got an update.

First of all I'll show you this disappointment.
c016239f.jpg

So I've started work on my 2nd HD chest and plan to actually build it right this time.

Now for yet another stresser, I have 3.5 weeks to finish my armor if I want to meet my deadline. To help give you all an idea of the pressure I'm feeling, it took me 7 weeks to build my last chest. So I have only a fraction of that time.

Sorry for the multiple posts, but it's time for a progress update and news.*

First off, I've been working hard on hardening all the pieces I have built. Here's a list...

Rondo list:
[X] HD right boot
[\] HD left boot
[X] HD shins X2
[X] HD right thigh
[\] HD left thigh
[,<] HD cod
[X] HD hand plate X2
[X] HD left forearm
[X] HD right forearm
[X] HD right shoulder
[X] HD left shoulder
[ ] HD chest
[X] HD helmet

I've also been working hard on rebuilding my chest.*

Now for some news!*
I had gone to Pro Image studio to take my senior picture and the photographer (being friendly) asked about my summer. I brought up my build and showed a picture of what I want it to look like when I'm done. He was very interested. As I'm leaving, he goes into his wallet and grabs something he then hands me his card saying "well here's my card. It's got my cell number on the back. I'd love to do a photo shoot on my own time." That was very exciting and motivating!

This is something I'm really excited about.*
Just in case I hadn't mentioned it, I had convinced my activities commissioner to let me wear my armor to the back to school dance. She'd also let my bypass the mask rule. (you may not wear anything that conseals your face be it a mask, face consealing helmet, or heavy make up). Sadly, it's will not be done by next weekend, and I was really disappointed. So I thought I'd haft to wait until Halloween. And if that was the case I'd haft to abide by the mask rule. *HOWEVER!... I realized something! The homecoming dance is on October 22nd, and my activities commissioner said she'd let me wear it then!!! So now I have a new hope and new goal. I MUST FINISH MY ARMOR BY 10/22/11!!!!!!

Super clean pep work! The new handplates look good too! The chest looks fantastic! What model helmet did you use? Good luck on the rest of the build! I hope you meet your deadline!

Time for an update!

I've officially started my bondo work. I've bondoed and sanded both of the shins and should be done with my thigh in a couple days.

Now a couple pics
cfc49ab8.jpg

c274c12f.jpg

Time for another update!

I've got my helmet close to being done. Still need to perfect the padding and put in the lights.
733081a3.jpg

I also got the web belt for when I'm ready to start strapping it. But silly me I forgot some of the parts I need. =P

Time for an update and show and tell.*

First off I'm happy to say that I'm actually building my chest right this time!
d0529231.jpg

And on a side note... So, many, toggle switches. -eye twitches-

26834d7e.jpg

And something to share. So the day after I got my helmet to a presentable point my sister found it and decided to try it on. As she wore it she went around the house saying "roar, I'm a dinosaur. I'm a monster."
Clearly she's not much of a gamer...*
-___-

5847eb34.jpg

Alright everyone, after a 3 month long break I'm ready to start back up. First a picture...

112a9da4.jpg

What is left to do is as follows...

Helmet: only electrical work and a bit more padding.
left shoulder: needs bondo, paint, and electrical
right shoulder: needs bondo, paint, and electrical (might redo it due to warping see picture below)
forearms: electrical work
hand plates: done
thighs: electrical work
shins:electrical work
boots: electrical work and a bit of detail paint

Like a mentioned there is some warping on the right shoulder. it makes it so i have more difficulty putting it on. you may have also noticed a corner missing from the bicep plate. i had to break that off so i could fit it on.
707a8725.jpg

Now the cod piece is too small so I'll have to remake it no matter what. I also have to make a 3rd attempt at making a correct size chest. Onward to greatness!

Well after about 6 months of not working on my armor I've finally started work on it again.

first I'd like to address Mousie. Yes, I don't have a completed chest yet. I've build two chest pieces. The first one wasn't build correctly and the second was too small. I'm currently working on building a third.

Now for what I've done since starting back up.
I rebuild the cod piece and bondoed it. I'm afraid that it might be too big, but I'll just have to find out when I cut it up. Sadly there is also quite a bit of warping, hoping I can still salvage it

1bb547aa.jpg

a23ebe28.jpg

387d9915.jpg

I also bondoed the left shoulder piece and started to paint it.

554b15e8.jpg

Hoping to have this all done by Halloween. Wish me luck.

Edit: I also build a second right shoulder piece but sadly it warped beyond repair, so I'll have to make a third.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back