ODST Comic Con Armor (NEEDS LOTS OF HELP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
you might want to put links to your updated pics directly in your post. im pretty sure its not just me that scans through build threads looking for updated pics. I am also too lazy to scan back to find your link to photobucket. Help us help you and we would be happy to offer advice and props. It is quite possible that i am the most lazy person on the forum and for that i would be sorry.

i will agree! i look for the pics first! no pics = almost no time in the forum! copy the image source then click the insert image button! its easy!

did check your album kilo five! looks awesome! keep up the work!

ok i promise TOMORROW ill start posting the pics, also i seem to have lost my camera again so im just using my iphone

I'll posting the pics around 3-4 this afternoon but I have a quick question. What type/ brand of fiberglass should I buy and which version of smooth cast should I buy as well?

sorry i havent posted in a few day but i got the helmet done. i still cant find my camera but i had a few questions.
what type of fiberglass should i buy?
how do make the visor?
should i make a mold of the helmet?
and how can i make the forearms/ thighs if the file is only for one side?
thats all the questions i have for now.

sorry i havent posted in a few day but i got the helmet done. i still cant find my camera but i had a few questions.
what type of fiberglass should i buy?
how do make the visor?
should i make a mold of the helmet?
and how can i make the forearms/ thighs if the file is only for one side?
thats all the questions i have for now.

1) Polyester resin + fiberglass cloth ( easier to work with than mats)
2) buy plastic sheet, pop bottle and make a visor pattern, cut and glue or buy ready make visor.
3) you don't have to mold the helmet.
4) try the invert pattern function in pep dedigner for the opposit side.

1) Polyester resin + fiberglass cloth ( easier to work with than mats)
2) buy plastic sheet, pop bottle and make a visor pattern, cut and glue or buy ready make visor.
3) you don't have to mold the helmet.
4) try the invert pattern function in pep dedigner for the opposit side.
ok hows this?
http://www.amazon.com/Chem-0lastics-77071-Fiberglass-Hardener/dp/B0016GXL76/ref=pd_bxgy_hi_img_b
http://www.amazon.com/Elmers-E764-F...VGTU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335744611&sr=8-1

ok everypony, i just got the eva foam in the mail today.
as of now im making the chest-core and back and the thighs
for the back i was wondering if there's a good picture of the back armor to help with getting the right sizes for the parts.
and one more thing, i really can not for the life of me figure out how to post pictures in the tread, ive tried copying the image url from my photobucket page but it just come up as a link. if anyone can give me a detailed description of how to post the pics it would beneficial for all of us, thank you!

Im pretty sure there is a post here somewhere with better details and screen shots. But i cant find it. When you type your post there is a row of icons above the white box you type text into.
examples:
B for bold text
I for Italics
U for underline
An icon of a globe for links
a little pic of a tree that is for images
click the icon that looks like a little tree and it opens a small window. paste the link to your pic there and hit enter
like so.
photo1.jpg

Im pretty sure there is a post here somewhere with better details and screen shots. But i cant find it. When you type your post there is a row of icons above the white box you type text into.
examples:
B for bold text
I for Italics
U for underline
An icon of a globe for links
a little pic of a tree that is for images
click the icon that looks like a little tree and it opens a small window. paste the link to your pic there and hit enter
like so.
photo1.jpg

yea i see that but when i tried to put the link in it just came up a link in the post

yea i see that but when i tried to put the link in it just came up a link in the post

copy the image source code, go to your albums and instead of clicking on the image, just hold your mouse icon over the picture and in a second, a set of codes will pop up around it, click on the image code which starts as "" then when you post, click on the tree icon and a window will pop up with a url in it already, just paste and click ok, and the image will show up in your posts, like this

p.s. this is your image, im using it for my point.
[IMG][IMG]http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q608/KiloFive/photo1.jpg[/IMG]

OK, sorry ive been dead for the past week, school and life were not cooperating but ill get right back to work with the upcoming week(with pictures this time!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back