Odst - Dare W.i.p

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the undersuit stuff, try American Apparel? I'm not sure how much it would cost but they have weird stuff like that...

ITHICA TO THE RESCUE! LOL

So here WAS my problem......

My deadline is fast approaching and I still have to finish up the forearm pieces, stomache plate, thighs and shins. Although the thighs just need their final coat of paint, a black wash and some scratches. Plus, while glassing the front half to one of the shins, the glue came undone in a large area and started to fall apart! :( :( So now with the fiberglass already in place and starting to harden, I don't know if I can fix it. I might have to re-pep that piece. :(

But anyway, with all the other stuff I have to finish, I was afraid that I would not be able to finish my helmet since I would still need to bondo, sand and paint it. That's when I decided to PM Ithica asking if there was any way that I could borrow his DARE helmet ONLY for the release and that I would send it back. He replied and left me his number. I gave him a call and he said that he will whip one up for me and express ship it so that I get it in time! :D :D

ITHICA IS AN AWESOME GUY!!! :D

It also turns out that one of my boyfriends friends has a dremel and some bondo so now I can fix the indent that occured on one of my thigh pieces and cut off the excess fiberglass on the other pieces! :D And I will also get to work in a nice, warm garage! :D :D :D

Glad I am able to help. You are coming along way. Looks really good. I'm excited to see it finished.

Ithica

thumbs up to a stand up guy!!!

helping dreams come true, good man!

HG.. REALLY looking forward to seeing the shins and the rest.. PICS PICS PICS!!!

i've gotten the chest gaunts and few other peices done, im on no timeline though..

GOOD LUCK!

Great work on your DARE HG. It's coming along very well.

LOL, I just bought 2 cola bottles for a party we had over here. Guess They are going to be usefull as fiberglassing stands instead targets for my rifle and bow.

Ithica is such a nice guy. He helps out a damsel(spelling??)in distress.

-Pony

EVERY PIECE IS DONE! :D

Just waiting for the borrowed helmet to come in the mail from Ithica. :)

And by "DONE" I just mean that I have all the pieces ready to either be glassed and/or painted. I was about to pep Dare's back pack, but after looking at the model while in Pepakura, I was thinking that I could possibly scratch build it. The pepping just takes TOO long to do and I need to HURRY!!! :eek

Since I also ran into a problem while glassing a front half piece to one of the shins, I was thinking that I would have to re-pep it, which I DID NOT want to have to do. After looking over what I already have, I realized that it wouldn't be too hard to scratch build. So that's what I did. I made BOTH front shin pieces AND the back pack today! :D

shins.jpg

shin3.jpg

shin4.jpg

shin5.jpg

And here is my back pack! :D

back_pack.jpg

back_pack2.jpg

pack3.jpg

pack4.jpg

I cut the hole so that I can actually use it. My wallet fits PERFECTLY in it! :D haha

pack5.jpg

Since my boyfriend has finally decided that this project is not so bad (before he was saying that this is not important), he has decided that this is pretty cool and we are going to go out and buy a dremel. I guess he liked the idea of having to buy more power tools..........I guess it's a guy thing! lol I told him that I need a little more paint, one more can of resin, bondo and possibly more fiberglass and I should be all good! Except for the part of still trying to get something to wear under it. D:

But then there is also the case of DARE's shoulders. She doesn't exactly have armor there. It looks kinda tight on her arm. I have a few ideas in mind how to make those, but not 100% which direction to take. Any ideas?

Ithica said:
Glad I am able to help. You are coming along way. Looks really good. I'm excited to see it finished.

Ithica

Lol...

Ithica is the reson i started making this stuff! :rolleyes

I saw his videos and was ZOMG!!!! Ithica is meh Hero.

P.S. Good Luck on your DARE suit....Look AMAZING! :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
my name is unknown said:
THAT IS MEGACRAZIAWESOME!!!! new word :p

I concur with this statement.

Fantastic job, love the scratch-build on the shins, I was considering but I gave up. Kudos to you for making it awesome, once again! Also, the dremel is a LIFE SAVER. Us guys can't resist power tools, ya know?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow ... that's really AWESOME

Quote: But then there is also the case of DARE's shoulders. She doesn't exactly have armor there. It looks kinda tight on her arm. I have a few ideas in mind how to make those, but not 100% which direction to take. Any ideas?

Maybe those top piece that surfer use !!! Not a full suit but the patern on those suit kinda look like DARE's upper arm pattern. I know thos suit are expensive but maybe in used you could get lucky !?!?! Or still Under Armor product can do the thing but those too don't come cheap !!! Keep it up your Almost there :D

Good luck

HaloGoddess, those shins rock, Haley just linked me to them. I am going to do the same as I am trying to finish by release too. Are you doing the backs like that also?

the shins and back pack came out great they look really clean, may do the same thing with them as the pep file seems so time consuming and complicated... good luck with the deadline!

Here is some more updates! :D

Finished the thighs today! They are fully painted and scratched up. haha This time I sprayed 2 layers of some chrome paint so that when I scratched them up, the silver would show through. It's not as silver looking as some of the other battle damaged armors I have seen, but there is still a slight shine to make it look like metal.

finished_thighs.jpg

finished_thighs2.jpg

finished_thighs3.jpg

I also started painting the back pack and am hoping to have that finished later tonight. I even managed to fiberglass the shin pieces. Since I have to work saturday and won't really get around to doing anything then, I will be busting my butt on sunday and monday. My plan is to have everything completed by monday at 8pm EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back