ODST MK1 (EVA)

Nerfentity

Hey guys. I’m new here, and I’m beginning the fabrication of my pepekura ODST suit from EVA foam. I was hoping to gain help and support while I make it. I will post pictures of the equipment I have so far soon.

Welcome to the 405th! There's lots of good resources here for you to access and lots of people ready to help out. To start, there's a large tutorial thread containing step-by-step processes for various things, including foam. There's also some for the Pepakura software if you're new to it. I would start reading up on the info there and see how you could apply that info to your project. Wishing you luck on your build and I can't wait to see how it comes out!

Hello there and welcome! As Wraith0912 mentioned, there's lots of good resources in the tutorials section of the forums. If you're new to working with foam, checking out the foam guide is definitely a great place to start!
There's other great foam tutorials there as well, but this one is a good introduction. We're always happy to answer any questions you have!

KNEE #1

Attachments

• IMG_8780.jpeg
    IMG_8780.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_8786.jpeg
    IMG_8786.jpeg
    887.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8788.jpeg
    IMG_8788.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
Welcome to the 405th! There's lots of good resources here for you to access and lots of people ready to help out. To start, there's a large tutorial thread containing step-by-step processes for various things, including foam. There's also some for the Pepakura software if you're new to it. I would start reading up on the info there and see how you could apply that info to your project. Wishing you luck on your build and I can't wait to see how it comes out!
Thank you, you’re very kind.

Hello there and welcome! As Wraith0912 mentioned, there's lots of good resources in the tutorials section of the forums. If you're new to working with foam, checking out the foam guide is definitely a great place to start!
There's other great foam tutorials there as well, but this one is a good introduction. We're always happy to answer any questions you have!
I appreciate the support! Thanks so much.

Hey guys, I'm just curious about the game plan for my ODST suit. I'm wondering what you guys recommend me to do next after I'm finished the knee and shin pieces. As of right now, I'm almost finished the overall structuring and connecting of the pieces, and there's gonna be quite a bit of sanding and finessing to do after that. I was initially thinking of just working bottom - top but I'm also considering just tackling the harder parts first. Please feel free to recommend something and provide your opinions. Your feedback would be most appreciated!

Hmmmm, I choose to summon some ODST's I know:
Schankerz NewBrody Bunty Scrungus PaiganBoi Ryujiro
I'm wondering what you guys recommend me to do next after I'm finished the knee and shin pieces.
What's your guy's order of operations? Nerfentity is making a foam ODST and looking for suggestions on what to make next.

When I made my spartan suit, I got all of the foam pieces assembled in their rough form to make sure the overall scaling and sizing was correct. After that I went back and sanded the seams and filled in the gaps. There may be a certain part you want to focus on first though- that's where my ODST friends com in!

I have been summoned!
Greetings Nerfentity. Welcome to the 405th!
For order of building parts, I went from ground up. Boot covers, shins/knees, thighs, belt/cod plate, hips, butt plate, forearms, shoulders, chest rig and chest plate.
I did make a foam bucket for my first version. Then on my second and third time around the helmets were 3d printed.
Or if you want you can knock out the belt, cod, hip and butt plates really quick cuz they are relatively simple parts.

This is my build thread for version 1 and 2 of my suits.

Hmmmm, I choose to summon some ODST's I know:
Schankerz NewBrody Bunty Scrungus PaiganBoi Ryujiro

What's your guy's order of operations? Nerfentity is making a foam ODST and looking for suggestions on what to make next.

When I made my spartan suit, I got all of the foam pieces assembled in their rough form to make sure the overall scaling and sizing was correct. After that I went back and sanded the seams and filled in the gaps. There may be a certain part you want to focus on first though- that's where my ODST friends com in!
Thanks so much for being considerate and ruminating my project. Your help is greatly appreciated.

I have been summoned!
Greetings Nerfentity. Welcome to the 405th!
For order of building parts, I went from ground up. Boot covers, shins/knees, thighs, belt/cod plate, hips, butt plate, forearms, shoulders, chest rig and chest plate.
I did make a foam bucket for my first version. Then on my second and third time around the helmets were 3d printed.
Or if you want you can knock out the belt, cod, hip and butt plates really quick cuz they are relatively simple parts.

This is my build thread for version 1 and 2 of my suits.
Thank you for your recommendation my friend! This was pretty much my initial plan from the get go and it seems to be working well so far. By the way, I have a major update to tell you guys about. I am nearing the completion of my shin + knee armour piece, and the aforementioned finessing is just beginning. but yeah here are some pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_8855.jpeg
    IMG_8855.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8856.jpeg
    IMG_8856.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8857.jpeg
    IMG_8857.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_8863.jpeg
    IMG_8863.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
  • copy_973B83FD-7661-4B8B-B418-59C81362BE13.mov
    113 MB
I notice that your cuts are tearing the foam.
Foam dulls blades very quickly.
There are two thing you can do. Replace the blade or get a knife sharpener to keep that sharp edge so you can always have clean cuts.

There are two thing you can do. Replace the blade or get a knife sharpener to keep that sharp edge so you can always have clean cuts.
Sounds good. I definitely notice it’s beginning to become a problem.

I’m sanding the rough edges out right now. From now on I’ll remember to make sure my blades are sharp for future reference.

Hey Nerfentity, welcome to the 405th from a fellow ODST brother. Shins are looking nice and I'd look into getting a rotary sanding tool like a dremel as they really up your game when it comes to getting a smooth or rounded edge. Also, I started doing my basic pieces first as I got better as finished my armor and then went back and redid a bunch of pieces I didn't Luke the look of. But keep olup the good work mate, we're glad to have ya on the 405th.

Hey Nerfentity, welcome to the 405th from a fellow ODST brother. Shins are looking nice and I'd look into getting a rotary sanding tool like a dremel as they really up your game when it comes to getting a smooth or rounded edge. Also, I started doing my basic pieces first as I got better as finished my armor and then went back and redid a bunch of pieces I didn't Luke the look of. But keep olup the good work mate, we're glad to have ya on the 405th.
Thanks for your feedback brother. I do in fact have a small dremel with variable speeds that I'm using currently and it actually works very well. I'm just beginning to learn how to get a hold of it and use it on EVA, but slowly I'm working at finessing the armor.

idea no GIF

I've been summoned! Tbh I don't really remember what order I build my pieces in and mine was a bit of a mess because it was partly foam and party 3D print so I was going back and forth from cutting foam and sanding.
Here's my build thread that might help:
NewBrody's Romeo
Good luck, looking great so far!

View attachment 338920
I've been summoned! Tbh I don't really remember what order I build my pieces in and mine was a bit of a mess because it was partly foam and party 3D print so I was going back and forth from cutting foam and sanding.
Here's my build thread that might help:
NewBrody's Romeo
Good luck, looking great so far!
I’ll be sure to have a look at it. Thank you for the help. Also can someone tell me how to clean up excess hot glue without a rotary tool? (it ends in a messy disaster)

This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back