NewBrody

Hello friends!

Those of you that watched the extra life stream may have seen us UwUify our playthrough of Halo 3 ODST. I had such a blast playing through the game with friends, and an even better time reading Romeo's UwUified lines! After having such a great time I felt like I should make myself a Womeo Romeo cosplay.

After having recently purchased a 3D printer I plan on doing a few portions of this project as 3D prints and the rest in foam.

Starting off I am going to make the helmet. I figured out my scaling and began slicing (I did scaling with the rest of the armour as well just to be sure but just forgot for these photos). All together for all the pieces it should take me around 10-11 days to print the whole helmet. While that begins printing I will start sizing up and craft some armour pieces out of foam.
1000001308.png
1000001307.png
1000001304.jpg

I'm hoping to make the sharpshooter attachment be able to move as well as install my GoPro in there, but we will see how it goes. At the very least I play to install my GoPro in the larger lens and angle it to see out if I can't figure out a way to make it work.
Also I plan to properly install in and out laptop style fans in the helmet (unlike the really janky install in my spartan) also I'm hoping I can install some sort of flip visor to go from clear to tinted, but we will see if I am able to make that happen.
And of course the final plan is to make magnetized, removable cat ears to swap from Romeo to Womeo.

Overall I am planning to have this project done by July for Montreal Comic Con, otherwise latest I'll want to have it done by Toronto FanExpo.

See you all next time when I make progress on this project!

Thanks for reading,

NewBrody

This caught my attention. I definitely want to see how this progresses, since I've seen very, very few Romeo builds and I also want to make what's essentially a Romeo reskin (aka. another ODST sniper) later down the line. Best of luck to you!

This caught my attention. I definitely want to see how this progresses, since I've seen very, very few Romeo builds and I also want to make what's essentially a Romeo reskin (aka. another ODST sniper) later down the line. Best of luck to you!
Thanks, I am looking forward to the challenge of doing ak existing character vs building my character.

Another motivating factor is hopefully meeting Nolan North and getting him to sign the helmet. He usually comes to FanExpo Toronto so hopefully I'll have the chance to meet him there, fingers crossed.

Hopefully I'll see your ODST sniper down the line

I personally believe in building my characters over building existing characters, though I still take inspiration from existing characters. I don't judge anyone who wants to build existing characters, however.

Also, thanks. I'm currently working on my custom radio operator ODST, though as soon as that one's finished, I'm going to be working on my sniper, especially since the armor markings and special gimmick of the character (which is actually based on a character that isn't mine, admittedly) will be one of a kind.

Have you done any other ODSTs or costumes in general?

I personally believe in building my characters over building existing characters, though I still take inspiration from existing characters. I don't judge anyone who wants to build existing characters, however.

Also, thanks. I'm currently working on my custom radio operator ODST, though as soon as that one's finished, I'm going to be working on my sniper, especially since the armor markings and special gimmick of the character (which is actually based on a character that isn't mine, admittedly) will be one of a kind.

Have you done any other ODSTs or costumes in general?
Excited to see how it turns out!

I made a halo reach MkV (b) suit last winter/spring. You can find that build thread here.

Lets Goooooo !
Can't wait to boss you around haha

Hello Friends!

I am back with some small updates to this build. I am moving a little slower than I wanted to, but I only have the one printer so it was to be expected. It took around 10 days but I was able to print the helmet fully. I tacked in in place with super glue and then welded the back together with a 3D printing pen. Later I plan to go back and reinforce the welds with 2 part epoxy as well just to be SURE that it doesn't come apart.
20230212_000928.jpg

That front surface area of the sharpshooter attachment is pretty rough as I hadn't quite figured out my support settings yet but I think I've got that figured out now.
The scaling also turned out to be perfect which is nice. I had to remove a little bit of material around the bottom hole but that was expected, I had a BIG noggin so I was going to have to do that no matter how I scaled it

Next I have printed 1/2 of the gauntlets (minus the pieces I will be printing with TPU later) I didn't even need to scale the gauntlets as I am a STUBY boi. Which is nice.
20230226_144311.jpg

Anyway more updates to follow as I keep printing more pieces.

See you all next time when I make progress on this project!

Thanks for reading,

NewBrody

Coming along great so far. I would've suggested that for the O/I binocular device, that you should print with the front facing up - it's going to use more filament and take longer, but it will look much nicer and be easier to work with. The rest of the helmet is pretty much flawless, I might also add.

Coming along great so far. I would've suggested that for the O/I binocular device, that you should print with the front facing up - it's going to use more filament and take longer, but it will look much nicer and be easier to work with. The rest of the helmet is pretty much flawless, I might also add.
I would have done that but I really didn't feel like using that much plastic on supports. Plus I don't mind sanding.

Hello Friends!

Printing continues!! My single Ender 3 is working overtime to help me get all my 3D printed parts ready. I know I still have plenty of time before July but I am hoping to get this done sooner rather than later as to not con crunch.
20230228_104847.jpg
20230301_203514.jpg
20230311_091611.jpg
20230313_180615.jpg

20230313_180645.jpg
20230314_171543.jpg

I am getting close to having fully printed all the pieces that won't be foam. Next up is just some greeblie bits and a few bits out of TPU and I should be good to start printing the sniper while I start work foaming.

Making progress little but little but we are on track people!

Anyway thanks for reading this quick update! See y'all out there!

NewBrody

Quick update friends!

I was experimenting with printing TPU for a couple pieces on the gauntlets and gloves. I was able to get a couple pieces printer before I kept having issues with the tpu wrapping around the gears or getting slightly twisted in the little section between the gears and the Bowden tube. I will probably wait until I convert this thing to direct drive and get a filament dryer before trying again.

I was however successfully able to print the gauntlet gasket pieces as well as the inner elbow piece. Those were the main pieces I was worried about so it seemed to work out.
20230315_070531.jpg

At this moment all of the 3D printed pieces for this cosplay are all ready to start the finishing process, so I am well ahead of schedule. This weekend Schankerz and I will be having a little armour sanding party to start getting these pieces ready for paint.

Thanks for reading! See y'all out there!

Quick update friends!

I was experimenting with printing TPU for a couple pieces on the gauntlets and gloves. I was able to get a couple pieces printer before I kept having issues with the tpu wrapping around the gears or getting slightly twisted in the little section between the gears and the Bowden tube. I will probably wait until I convert this thing to direct drive and get a filament dryer before trying again.

I was however successfully able to print the gauntlet gasket pieces as well as the inner elbow piece. Those were the main pieces I was worried about so it seemed to work out.
View attachment 329288
At this moment all of the 3D printed pieces for this cosplay are all ready to start the finishing process, so I am well ahead of schedule. This weekend Schankerz and I will be having a little armour sanding party to start getting these pieces ready for paint.

Thanks for reading! See y'all out there!
I can't wait to see the finished suit! I just finished sanding my whole ODST set and I wish you all the best with the task that you are about to undertake!

I can't wait to see the finished suit! I just finished sanding my whole ODST set and I wish you all the best with the task that you are about to undertake!
Thanks! I haven't had to sand this much armour before but thankfully I do have a helper so it should go by alot easier. Hopefully!

Look forward to seeing your finished suit!

Hello friends!

Have gotten more work done on this project recently. I finished printing the chest piece just in time for mine and Schankerz armour sanding party. Although we really didn't get much time to get to my pieces, that was expected though so no problem. We got to all of Schankerz pieces with 80 grit and 150 grit sandpaper and then a couple layers of filler primer. It was alot of hours of sanding but it is starting to look really good.
Here is some pictures of the printed chest piece.
20230324_181556.jpg
20230324_173632.jpg

here are a couple pictures of the pieces of mine we did get to.
20230325_222740.jpg

Now, here comes the cool part. I recently purchased a raspberry pi 3 in hopes to use it and a picamera to make the scope work like in the game. Here is a video of some quick basic python as a proof of concept.

Thanks for reading friends, see y'all out there!

Last edited:
Hello Friends!

More updates. Been working alot more on this as I am realizing July is really starting to creep up as it is already April. I am still fairly ahead of schedule, printing of the sniper is nearly halfway there and I only have the legs left to make out of foam.
Finished up making the plate carrier out of foam and figured out how I will be taking it off and on. Made a split in the middle to kind of take it off and on line a vest. Added some buckles, magnets and velcro and it looks like it will work well. All the buckles will be covered by armour pieces so that works well to hide everything.
20230404_175942.jpg

20230404_155755.jpg

Don't worry the neck but won't come apart like that, this picture was before I installed some velcro.
20230404_180135.jpg

I also finished making the hip plates out of foam as well. Next I'll be starting construction on the shins in the next couple of days.

Thanks for reading, stay tuned for more updates

New Brody

Hello Friends!

It is update o'clock! Started more of the foamsmithing for the legs. Was able to get the hip plates done, which was probably the easiest thing I have ever made out of foam :p

20230409_225447.jpg

Next I moved onto the shins, which were fairly complicated and took me some time to figure out. Took me maybe like 3-4 to figure it out and assemble it in my spare time. I think they look pretty good! I attached the knee to the shin with elastic strap and nylon strap to keep in place but also have it be flexible and moveable. Now I just gotta do one more.
20230409_224048.jpg
20230409_224102.jpg

I was also able to start sanding the rest of the 3D printed pieces on my suit. I got a circular sander and did a pass of 60 grit on the helmet and the sharpshooter attachment. I forgot to grab pictures because I am a goober. So you'll get to see the progress on that next time I get to it (if I remember)

Anyway thanks for reading!

New Brody

Hello Friends!

Sniper loading: 75%
20230414_215209.jpg

I have the muzzle break and the optics printed as well just forgot to grab a picture (because I am indeed a goober). Just the stock, bipod and that upper "handle" left to print. It is all starting to come together. My order for the little display for the scope should be arriving today, so I should be able to really start cooking on the programming for it and start figuring out how to fit it all in there/power the raspberry pi.
On another note I was having issues with my printer and after hours of cleaning out the whole hot end I decided instead of waiting until the sniper was finished printing to install my direct drive conversion kit I'd just do it then, wasn't going to let all that work go to waste. So my printer is now a direct drive which is nice, so once I get a filament dryer I am going to attempt using tpu again. I am hoping to use it for the spine piece.

Anyway thanks for reading, I'll be updating again soon as I make more progress on the rest of the foamsmithing this week.

New Brody

Hello Friends!

Been a little over a month since I made an update on this. Progress has been a little slow but is still rolling out. Construction is almost done on all the pieces and I am somclose to being done printing all the 3D printed pieces.

Let's start with the foam bits. Finished the other shin, super happy with them! Next I made the left thigh, and overall it is alright, had to make a couple adjustments after assembly to make it fit properly. All I've got left now is the other thigh and the boot covers, and the foam for the padded shoulder straps that will then he covered in fabric, after that then all the foam work is done.
20230514_234026.jpg
20230514_234021.jpg
20230422_202933.jpg

Now let's move onto the 3D printed pieces progress. So I have now fully finished printing the sniper and it is ready to be sanded and assembled. As well I finished printing the little storage pouches/boxes that go on the thighs and shins. All that is left now is the gloves and spine printed out of TPU, although I am considering foamsmithing the spine instead, we will see.
20230501_183601.jpg
20230425_173146.jpg
20230427_171649.jpg

Haven't done as much work on this project as I feel I should have this past month but I am at least not at a standstill.

Anyway thanks for reading. See y'all out there!

New Brody

This thread is more than 6 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back