Official pepakura scaling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am going to start making some halo armor a little after october, i was wondering if anyone would agree to help me by scaling the armor, i dont have a lot of money and i was surprised to see that it costs so much for the pep designer. i completely understand if you dont want to, im just asking for help.

Sorry, I didn't see this sooner. What is the assembled height of your Mark VI chest piece?

if I'm doing it right, mark VI chest piece is scaled to 2.217668. its the HD Mark VI chest (FS vers) unfolded downloaded from http://halocostuming.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Pepakura. When I try to use the Hayabusa Chest Perm FINAL file from the same site, my scale is 3.271673. I'm using the given scaling formula from the first page of this thread, is it possible im doing something wrong? it seems like when i use it, it becomes smaller, or else I'm just to big.

if I'm doing it right, mark VI chest piece is scaled to 2.217668. its the HD Mark VI chest (FS vers) unfolded downloaded from http://halocostuming.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Pepakura. When I try to use the Hayabusa Chest Perm FINAL file from the same site, my scale is 3.271673. I'm using the given scaling formula from the first page of this thread, is it possible im doing something wrong? it seems like when i use it, it becomes smaller, or else I'm just to big.
Don't use that HD file to scale the Hayabusa perm. The perm already has a chest piece built in. Use the assembled height for your chest piece and the perm will be scaled accordingly.

I compare the scaled size of MC helmet with my motorcycle's helmet:
I use my height plus 3 inches.
Hight e depth are equal, motor helmet's width is 2cm more than MC Helmet's width.
I think the intern pad of MC helmet will be max 2cm, so this scaled is ok!
What do you think of it?

wich size on my body have I to compare with chest armor's width?
with same height of helmet, i scaled the chest armor... but width size is less than my chest size measured up to nipples.. it's ok?

The armor is the Mark VI HD

(sorry for my english)

I get how this works but, how do you scale the shoe. I wear a size 11 1/2. Then how would I scale that. Because I can't do anything else untill I fully understand the scaleing system.

Can anyone help me scale a helmet to my head? how would that work? Its probably already posted on here somwhere but i dont feel like going through 67 pages to find it

Hi im new to 405th, and more so new to scaling my armor to my body. Im 5' 8'', and pretty toned, not super bulky though. Im making two seperate armors for my senior project: MC Mark VI, and Noble Six Mark V, located in that Official Reach sticky. I was just wondering if i could scale it the same was as the typical 86.00000 scales are. The Noble chestpiece is 225.00000 should I rescale it to 86.00000, THEN do the formula to scale it to my body? or just use the default, and scale it from the 225? Any help is appreciated.

Hi, im new to this form and making armor. I just start to make L3X BLU3R1V3R Emile Helmet. But i cant get the hang of scaling it.
I Made one using the original scale it had. It was Epic Fail for my first time. Could anyone help me? im 74.41 inch + 3inch for the helmet making it 77.41 inch.

Thank You very much

im trying to scale my hand plate. i set the height to 60 mm in pepakura designer 3, which is 6 cm, but the 2d patterns go off the page. the page setting is letter. how do u scale in pepakura?

I've seen this question asked, but not answered, and I've looked hard.

Is there a way to set individual scale values as opposed to setting one and having all the rest adjust themselves? Example: Having a forearm piece that's long enough but too wide. Any way to adjust width without adjusting length?

Looking at pepakura for the Jorge Helm the scale factor is at 14.029188 before I do anything. Do I use the same said formula?

Hi!
I have looked everywhere, and read everything... I figure this is the best place to ask it:

I plan on making Iron Man Mark III. I made MC Mark 5 (thighs and shin Mark 6) for Halloween. It turned out GREAT, except for the shins. The were PERFECT with the depth and width, but length? Nope... I had to customize a bit so it would go all the way down to my ankle. I'm ok with this atm b/c I wont be making MC again anytime soon. However... I would like to NOT make the mistake again whilst creating Iron Man.

If possible, could some pros give me some tips on where exactly to measure, or if there is a trick to scaling. I'm 5'6'' and 17. My dr. says I wont grown anymore :( BUT that does mean that I can make all the suits I want now, this very moment, lol. So yeah, Thanks bunches everyone!

Hello there everyone, A big salute from Ireland. How are you all. Right to business. Just wondering if some one could help me out, Its not the first time I've constructed a pep master chief armour, sadly I only got half way through before life through six or seven spanners at me. But I'm starting again (I've really missed building the armour) The only thing that confusing me is the scale value, where it used to be 30.342000, they seem to be all different now.
Is it still the same process =

My height = 70 inch so, (and thats adding 2 inch)

70/86 = .81395

MKVI_HD_HELM_DF4L = 12.713574 scale value so,

12.713574 * .81395 = 10.34821

Is this correct or am I completly bonkers, probably am nuts but at least everythings interesting. lol

P.S. Any time I click the correct scaling links it just redirects me back to the home page.?? whats up with that.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

scale value

[...]

P.S. Any time I click the correct scaling links it just redirects me back to the home page.?? whats up with that.

The forum was majorly sick and any link from before the restoration doesn't work any more. You can try finding old threads by their name, if you know it.

As for the scaling: I'm not a fan of those magical formulas or of using the scale factor. I'd measure each body part separately and use the model's dimensions to size it. Simpler, faster and better chances of success that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back