Orbital Drop Shock Pony...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks awesome buddy :) All the little pieces are coming together and I can't wait for you to finally finish it and put it all on. It's going to be siiiick!

Belt buckle looks cool beans!
Thank ya kindly, Miss. :) The cuts could have been cleaner with a hot knife, but unfortunately, I don't own one. :/

Looks awesome buddy :) All the little pieces are coming together and I can't wait for you to finally finish it and put it all on. It's going to be siiiick!
Haha! Thanks, buddy! I too can't wait for me to be finally done with everything and to start trooping around! :p

I might have a piece or two done during the week, so stayed tuned, guys!

Hey, dudes and dudettes!

I totally forgot to upload a pic the front cod plate thingy.

Here it is.
ODSTcrotchplate.jpg

All it needs now is some paint and the strap things along with the circle things.

Thank ya kindly, Miss. :) The cuts could have been cleaner with a hot knife, but unfortunately, I don't own one. :/

Don't worry, you totally don't need a hot knife to make clean cuts! I don't have a hot knife either, I've just been using a regular ol' X-acto. As long as you don't let the blade get too dull, it should work well for clean cuts.

It's all in the blades! If your knifes blunt then your going to get dragging which leads to untidy edges. I used 30+ blades just for my MK VI helmet to make sure everything was crisp.

Don't worry, you totally don't need a hot knife to make clean cuts! I don't have a hot knife either, I've just been using a regular ol' X-acto. As long as you don't let the blade get too dull, it should work well for clean cuts.
It's all in the blades! If your knifes blunt then your going to get dragging which leads to untidy edges. I used 30+ blades just for my MK VI helmet to make sure everything was crisp.

This reply goes to both replies.

I don't have alot of money to be going out and buy new sets of blades :/ I'm literally working with what I have right now(Which sucks :/). I have ONE dull Exact-O that I use to make scores on pepakura work and with that I made the square holes on the cod plate.

I also have to watch what I spend in order to afford the foam mats as well as paint and straps, so if that means I have to reuse dull-ish blades, then that's what I got to do to make this all work.

I really wish that I could get fresh blades often, but I guess that can't happen right now.

Fair enough, we have to make do with what we have. Still considering you are using a dull blade you've done some really nice work there.

your armor looks good hope mine turns out well
Have patience and work hard. Soon you'll have a nice set of armor. :)

===========================
Update time!

I just got done making one of the side equipment plates.
ODSTLeftSidePlate.jpg

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks for looking, guys. :)

It's the belt buckle, dude! It keep me pants from falling off during battle! LOL!

By the way, what are you doing up so late? GET SOME SLEEP, DUDE!! It's almost 3 in the morning!

*looks again* oooooh ok I see it now. Lol very nice.
The cod plate and side plate looking good as well lol

Lol well what are you doing up so late too? I have an excuse, I work this late lol.

*looks again* oooooh ok I see it now. Lol very nice.
The cod plate and side plate looking good as well lol

Lol well what are you doing up so late too? I have an excuse, I work this late lol.
Thanks, man!

LOL! I have no excuse really. I just stay up late! :p

====================================
Upadte timez!

Finished the other one!
ODSTbothsideplates.jpg

Hey, guys! Got a bit of an update!

I managed to get the chest plate and the middle stomache plate built.

Here's a pic with them all on my vest. They're not attached to it just yet as I'm thinking on what would be good to use.
ODSTteststrap.jpg

Let me know what you guys think and if you have any suggestions on how I would be able to attach the pieces on the vest, then by all means, share them!

Have a good one, guys!

That looks very well done man!! Everything looks nice and clean. Looks great all placed together.

-Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back