Phoenix Team Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Rick, the shin piece is finished but still needs to be unfolded, along with add-ons to the forearms!

Yeah. Crimson kinda hit the nail on the head. Haha.
The topic is starting to die so I'll ask one more time:

Anybody in the Greater Phoenix Area that is interested in joining our group for whatever reason please send me a PM. We'll get something set up.

@Rhinoc
If it has not been said already <I would repeat it all the same>

YOU
ARE
AWESOME

Thanks so much for your help!
Thanks, I try... lol
Nah, I do anything to benefit other members! :cool

BTW your Cortana is AWESOME! Along with everythin Phoenix team is doing! Keep up the good work guys!

Just got in some of the parts for the laser, including the ignitor, and capacitor. Just waiting on the "cartridge"... This should be fun *evil grin*

Week 4 Video is up now on youtube. Check it out by clicking this link:
Don't forget to rate and comment! If you'd like to, you can follow us on youtube by Subscribing to our channel! <3

cloudsshroud:
oh awesome. Dude, you're going to have one wicked weapon by the time we get through this!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I realize Phoenix isn't part of California, but ironically it is closer to Socal than Norcal. I know RoxyRoo made it out to AX. :) Anyways, if you want to keep up to date on things happening in California, please feel free to join the California costuming group!

Unfortunately I'm still a bit too far to help out on projects, but if you guys ever make it out to SDCC or other west coast conventions, it'd be great to meet up!

Hey there. ^^
Yeah, I barely managed to make it there. I almost didn't have enough money (or luck) this year. It was so cool to see you guys. As far as I know, I don't think any of our members are making it to SDCC either. But I (hope) on going to ALA this winter, whether I have my spartan done by then is still iffy.

Awesome. I'll definitely try to organize some sort of get together for ALA then.

If you need to save some time making some generic spartan parts, I got a hold of some molds for most of the pieces. Just let me know if you ever need them.

lol. sounds cool.
I'd take you up on that offer if I weren't making Mark 4 EVA armor. There's no patterns made for that at all, so I'm making it all from scratch. Thankyou though. I'll let the other Phoenix Team members know about your generosity.

Hey, I realize Phoenix isn't part of California, but ironically it is closer to Socal than Norcal. I know RoxyRoo made it out to AX. :) Anyways, if you want to keep up to date on things happening in California, please feel free to join the California costuming group!

Unfortunately I'm still a bit too far to help out on projects, but if you guys ever make it out to SDCC or other west coast conventions, it'd be great to meet up!

WOO! That would be so much fun! I'm back in the summer-- I wonder if anyone else wants to take a road trip out to either or both AX and SDCC...? I know I want us to! I can already see Roxy driving wearing her helmet... I'll go get my body paint~! <3

We're back to making progress! Yay! Week 4 went up and we should have week 5 posted soon. Just ignore the part where we are all working... listening to random stand-up comics. We need something to amuse us when we can't think of anything funny to say ourselves. xD

Roadtrip would be fun. I think it would be hilarious if we all were wearing our Spartan helmets and pulled up alongside a family and just all looked over at once. XD Classic. Oh the fun we'll have with full costumes.

Roadtrip would be fun. I think it would be hilarious if we all were wearing our Spartan helmets and pulled up alongside a family and just all looked over at once. XD Classic. Oh the fun we'll have with full costumes.

laaawwwllll

Yeah. I'll be editing the video today. Should be posted tonight or tomorrow. ^^

So today I unveiled my latest alcohol inspired project: A spud gun on crack. It has a stun gun for a trigger. And after some brainstorming, Roxy and I came up with an Idea. I could easily use the same means to create a slightly functional rocket launcher. It wouldn't be something to fire at a con, but it'd be cool to carry around and pretty easy to make. Basically, I'd load a smoke grenade instead of a potato, light it, fire, and record. Should make for an interesting Youtube Vid.

That... sounds... GREAT!!!!!!! THAT IS AN AWESOME IDEA!!!!
I have actually seen a youtube vid of some guys with a rocket launcher... I'll see if I can find it.

Found it!!

That looked pretty cool Rhinoc. It gave me another idea... Back when I was a kid, I'd modify model rockets and make them into cars / projectiles / etc. I bet I could make a model rocket fire pretty strait if I rifled the barrel, and tracked the shot. In the vid, their rocket kinda just went where it wanted lol. hmm... looks like I'll need another 6-pack of Kilt Lifter, and a case of bordom this weekend :D

Week 5's video is now live on youtube. Check it out:

Potato Gun + Rocket Launcher = Epic Potato Launcher.

That potato gun was fun... Hopefully we didn't ruin it with all of the hair spray. Heh. I want to be involved in the rocket launcher process if possible... muwahahahaha.

Nice video, Rhinoc. That was pretty epic. Haha.

ALSO, I'm gonna need your help with the chain gun Cloudss. Doing a scratch build on it and whatnot. So yeah. :D

Rick, That's what I'm here for. But I think it'd be pretty easy. I'm thinkin half inch conduit and ABS. I have the conduit, hacksaw, bender, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back